BIG oops from CCL on recent cancellation email

ugagal07

6 hours ago, ugagal07 said:

I have no idea why it says $300.  When I got the email from Carnival at 9:01 AM, it was $600 and I copied the chart over.  I received another email from Carnival at 11:43 AM and it was updated to $300 and my first email also said $300 now.  The typo was referenced on the main chat thread about the cancellations and addressed by John Heald on his FB page, but it has been neatly cleaned up now.  Bizarre. 

My email originally said FCC + $600 OBC for our canceled 5 day out of NOLA on 11/30/2020. It now says $300. I'll take what they give me, but how are they able to go into an already delivered email and make a change. Spooky

16 minutes ago, wikoffclan said:

My email originally said FCC + $600 OBC for our canceled 5 day out of NOLA on 11/30/2020. It now says $300. I'll take what they give me, but how are they able to go into an already delivered email and make a change. Spooky

Exactly!  How can they change an already sent email, but people still get the auto-emails about cancelling and deposits?

I was never going to fight for the $600, just posting that Carnival made an oops.  As a stock holder, I’m glad they caught it and fixed it - less money to give away.  It’s my second cancellation so far. Fingers crossed it’s the last. 

2 hours ago, wikoffclan said:

1 hour ago, ugagal07 said:

Exactly!  How can they change an already sent email, but people still get the auto-emails about cancelling and deposits?

I was never going to fight for the $600, just posting that Carnival made an oops.  As a stock holder, I’m glad they caught it and fixed it - less money to give away.  It’s my second cancellation so far. Fingers crossed it’s the last. 

Simple. The content of the email changed as the text was never within the email itself. The email was built based on HTML and the frame was pointed elsewhere. It wasn’t standard text.

• Like 3