not staying logged in

On 12/10/2020 at 3:37 PM, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Now it's bouncing me out constantly, even within the same forum.  And oddly, my avatar icon still appears in the upper right corner of the page, despite my not being logged in.  (PC, btw.)

Is this still happening

1 hour ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Is this still happening

I was just coming on here to say that I was kicked out on my Windows laptop (Chrome) this morning.  No problem on the laptop in a few days, but on Saturday, as I noted above, I was kicked off on my iPad.  And, I'll add, on my iPhone yesterday (Sunday).

Thanks Jenn.

Continuing to report my incidents.  After quite some time since my last one, today I was posting at 8:30am.  Came back to the same window, and looked at my notifications. Followed one and started a reply... only to notice I am not logged in.  So the browser had my notifications loaded, but went to logged out status somewhere between postings in 90 minutes.  So it is definitely not related to a new browser window.  Can happen in a window that has been active within 90 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I used to be able to leave CC open for days on end in my browser on the Princess home thread and I was not logged out.  Now I get logged out after what seems just a few minutes - and it can happen several times per day?

@Host CJSKIDS?

@Steelers36

Howdy emo22.gif

Your thread titled Anyone know why CC now logs you out after X minutes? has been merged into the existing thread titled not staying logged in that was started 9/16/20 on the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum.

Note @CC Help Jenn is Following this thread and is aware of the situation.

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Thanks everyone.  I use CHROME and never had this before.  I am going to flush my cache and see if that helps.  Something going on with me for past month or more. 

47 minutes ago, Host Kat said:

@Steelers36

Howdy emo22.gif

Your thread titled Anyone know why CC now logs you out after X minutes? has been merged into the existing thread titled not staying logged in that was started 9/16/20 on the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum.

Note @CC Help Jenn is Following this thread and is aware of the situation.

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Ahh, so it looks like there IS a problem being looked into.  Thanks for the post move.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Ahh, so it looks like there IS a problem being looked into.  Thanks for the post move.

And here I thought it might just be Steeler's fans... 😁

7 hours ago, By The Bay said:

I am using Firefox and I am not being logged out.🤔

Also using (latest) Firefox on a desktop. Went for days without this problem. In the last 24 hours many links from notifications into the posts with no problem. But an hour ago just trying to see the board found I was signed out.

IT is my life... and in my experience the randomness of this has a frequent flier cause. If CC has multiple servers behind a load balancer, it suggests that when our session connects to a different server, or to one particular bad server, the session is being dropped.  As if the server refuses to accept the current session token/cookie. 

If there are not multiple servers, then there is likely a bug in the session handling code that manifests with a pattern we can't quite see.

Over the last 2-3 weeks I have found myself occasionally having to log in when opening my CC bookmark. (It opens to my default stream.) I have not had it happen while I was moving around on the boards so I don't know if this behavior is a manifestation of the issues reported here.

On 1/3/2021 at 7:49 PM, Steelers36 said:

I used to be able to leave CC open for days on end in my browser on the Princess home thread and I was not logged out.  Now I get logged out after what seems just a few minutes - and it can happen several times per day?

@Host CJSKIDS?

I see Host Kat answered before I saw this. Hopefully they get it figured out soon.  

This is getting worse  today logged out every 30 minutes or so. Others are saying the same in various threads.

Win 10pro  N :   Opera   - In the Uk but logged into .com

I did wonder if its because I have more than one thread open at a time - sometimes 3 or 4. ?

• Like 1