Lift and Shift to.March 2022

manc

Has anyone been ànke to lift and shift their March 2021 cruise to March 2022. We are booked on Cape Town to Lisbon but would like to lift and shift but told it isnt possible and we would have to.pay current fare. 

1 hour ago, manc said:

Has anyone been ànke to lift and shift their March 2021 cruise to March 2022. We are booked on Cape Town to Lisbon but would like to lift and shift but told it isnt possible and we would have to.pay current fare. 

who told you that?

4 hours ago, manc said:

We were ànke to lift and shift our Azamara-cancelled cruise scheduled for July 2020 to a dissimilar alternative in March 2022 via our TA.

We were told by Azamara no Lift and Shift available for our March 4, 2021 Quest cruise.  My wife is considered high risk, so we don't want to cruise too early.  Unfortunately, final payment will be due before we'd feel safe going ahead with this cruise, so will probably just have to pay cancellation fee when time comes.

Art

You may want to consider paying the full amount.  Worse case, with cruise with confidence you get a credit of what you paid, if you decide to cancel.   If they cancel the cruise, which is a good chance of happening, you should be able to opt for a full refund.

32 minutes ago, tert333 said:

You may want to consider paying the full amount.  Worse case, with cruise with confidence you get a credit of what you paid, if you decide to cancel.   If they cancel the cruise, which is a good chance of happening, you should be able to opt for a full refund.

I am on the same cruise and have been told the same thing. I will probably (reluctantly) make final payment so that I have that option. I know that the cancellation will likely follow shortly thereafter 😟

Manc - I was able to Lift and Shift our March 2021 Cape Town to Lisbon cruise to the same route departing March 4, 2023.  No problem. Would have moved to 2022 but we've already got a B2B South American itinerary booked in 2022 that we still hope to travel on.  

17 hours ago, stines said:

Manc - I was able to Lift and Shift our March 2021 Cape Town to Lisbon cruise to the same route departing March 4, 2023.  No problem. Would have moved to 2022 but we've already got a B2B South American itinerary booked in 2022 that we still hope to travel on.  

I contacted my TA to do exactly what you have done. I was able to hear the conversation that my TA had with Tina at Azamara. Tina stated unequivocally that Lift and Shift is available on CANCELLED cruises only. A transfer is possible, but there is a (not insignificant) difference in price for a transfer!

Would you mind confirming whether yours was a Lift and Shift or a transfer, please? 

• Like 1

@manc as has been suggested twice,  please email loyaltyambassador@azamara.com with your booking information and we'll be able to look into this further. 

The Cruise with Confidence Policy seems quite clear to me :

https://www.azamara.com/en-au/cruise-with-confidence

Specifically :

Now more than ever, you’re dreaming about your next voyage to the world’s most amazing destinations. To provide peace of mind while you plan, we’ve enhanced our Cruise with Confidence* program to give you the flexibility to change any sailing you book by 30 September 2020.

And :

Same Cruise, Same Price
Booked your ideal voyage, but need to postpone? You can rebook the same cruise the following year for the same price (including promotions) when you contact us by 30 September 2020.

8 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

@manc as has been suggested twice,  please email loyaltyambassador@azamara.com with your booking information and we'll be able to look into this further. 

The Cruise with Confidence Policy seems quite clear to me :

https://www.azamara.com/en-au/cruise-with-confidence

Specifically :

Now more than ever, you’re dreaming about your next voyage to the world’s most amazing destinations. To provide peace of mind while you plan, we’ve enhanced our Cruise with Confidence* program to give you the flexibility to change any sailing you book by 30 September 2020.

And :

Same Cruise, Same Price
Booked your ideal voyage, but need to postpone? You can rebook the same cruise the following year for the same price (including promotions) when you contact us by 30 September 2020.

I was told that a) I had already used Lift and Shift and could only do so once, but the Lift and Shift was for a different cruise. The cruise I now wish to change was booked in 2018!

b) the T&C's for the Cruise with Confidence don't seem to apply to cruises beyond the following year. What I was hoping to do was to Lift and Shift to a cruise two years after the original.

13 hours ago, stines said:

Mine was a Lift and Shift. Same price in 2023 for the same cat originally booked (V2).  There was an increase in the port taxes, but not significant.  

May I be so bold as to enquire whether you Lifted and Shifted with the assistance of a TA? Also what is your country of residence and that of your TA, if any?

How long ago did you make the Lift & Shift. 

If you dealt direct with Azamara, any contact info would be much appreciated, please, because I seem to be at a dead end. 

3 minutes ago, manc said:

After more than a week of discussion my TA has been told we can lift and shift to 2022. Hopefully it will become easier for people to move to the 2022 or 2023 cruises.

Glad you got a result.  Do you think the problem was Azamara or your agent?  

Confusion at Azamara as I emailed as suggested. My TA and I persisted because we believe the conditions allowed us to change the date. One excuse was it wasnot possible as a repositioning cruise which was excluded from the scheme. There were other similar reasons given for the refusal to lift and shift but then later yesterday a change in the position. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, manc said:

Confusion at Azamara as I emailed as suggested. My TA and I persisted because we believe the conditions allowed us to change the date. One excuse was it wasnot possible as a repositioning cruise which was excluded from the scheme. There were other similar reasons given for the refusal to lift and shift but then later yesterday a change in the position. 

Thanks

Confusion is rather prevalent in the travel world just now

They need to simplify the rules and minimise exclusions if they are to retain bookings 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 2

I posted on another thread Azamara have given us adequate advice that our cruise May 21 ex Tokyo has been cancelled.

The email advised of the various option 'lift and shift', 125% fcc etc.

To take advantage of lift and shift we have to make a decision by September 28th, so 48 hours after receiving the Azamara email I contacted ******  my TA and spoke to one of their agents, who knew nothing about the Azamara cancelation and could offer no advice.

I was informed they had a dedicated team looking after rebookings and they would be in contact in due course. After a week I have heard nothing and am now getting slightly concerned.

If we choose Lift and Shift can we do that direct with Azamara and effectively take the booking back from the TA?

This is the second the TA has messed us around and its maybe time to move elsewhere even though it will affect our OBC. 

I’d also like to know the answer to that question as I have absolutely no desire to work with the agency I have who also has a “special team” 
I have also found out if you get a future cruise certificate you can use it with any agency but if you decide you want to convert the certificates to refunds which you can within a certain period (want to do this as circumstances have changed) you are stuck back in the six months backlog no communication mire of the agency and cannot do this direct with Azamara 

3 hours ago, norn iron said:

I posted on another thread Azamara have given us adequate advice that our cruise May 21 ex Tokyo has been cancelled.

The email advised of the various option 'lift and shift', 125% fcc etc.

To take advantage of lift and shift we have to make a decision by September 28th, so 48 hours after receiving the Azamara email I contacted ******  my TA and spoke to one of their agents, who knew nothing about the Azamara cancelation and could offer no advice.

I was informed they had a dedicated team looking after rebookings and they would be in contact in due course. After a week I have heard nothing and am now getting slightly concerned.

If we choose Lift and Shift can we do that direct with Azamara and effectively take the booking back from the TA?

This is the second the TA has messed us around and its maybe time to move elsewhere even though it will affect our OBC. 

I don’t know the answer, but I think in your position I’d try contacting Azamara direct, explaining that your TA is being unresponsive.