From PortMiami: Florida Senators introduce Set Sail Safety Act

sandebeach

It makes me laugh when I read how the government releases one act after another. There can be ten, twenty acts - it changes nothing. It will still all rely on the cruise company and the cruise's crew. As long as people on board themselves follow the rules - everything should be alright

9 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I think we can all agree that Miami relies on cruising for tourist dollars much more than NY. In fact, I would say the 3 cruise ports that serve the NY metro area cater to the local drive-up market and generate very little in tourist dollars. At least that is what it seems like to me every time I sail out of Cape Liberty.  And yet NY is still one of the top tourist destination in the USA. So there is no economic incentive to risk a spike in CV19 restarting cruises out of NY. That was the point and I agree 100%.

Since you mentioned your favorite deflection point crime,🙂 recent nationwide spike aside, Miami has consistently had a higher crime rate per captia than NYC. So i know where I'd take my chances. 😇.  Check Google if you don't believe me. 

Not sure how the cities will rank when 2020 comes to a close. I do know its pretty easy to avoid a peaceful protest.

Thank you for making the point I was trying to make to being with.  

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...