9-17-20 Thursday Weigh-In...10 Weeks Till Thanksgiving And14 Weeks Till Christmas...Yikes!

Belle

That means less weeks to lose weight if want  to be thinner by Thanksgiving

Those who live in Canada you even have less weeks till your Thanksgiving

Think we will be safe if we don't buy candy for Halloween

Don't think parents are going to want their kids going out this year on Halloween

Then  almost two month of different parties, dinners ect going on before Thanksgiving and Christmas

So we need to get off weight now just in case we "maybe" gain on Thanksgiving and Christmas

So our goals..LOSE weight now before the Holidays

Then our other goal is DON'T GAIN anything during the Holidays

(I know there are many different Holidays that people celebrate too..losing weight for all of them apply here too)

Jan Happy Birthday for Friday the 18th.  (think I got the date right)  ENJOY!🎂🍨🍹:classic_smile:

Thanks for the poem Belle.

Diana, same is good. 

I am down .5# this week. Still headed in the right direction. Slowly, but I'll take it! We've decided to venture out to the zoo for DD's birthday on Monday. You have to buy tickets ahead of time and pick a time slot so they can keep capacity down to 25%. All the indoor exhibits are closed, and we can bring our own food. Masks are also required. I've seen some facebook posts from other homeschool moms that the zoo has been doing a real good job of sanitizing. Practically following each group around and wiping down everything a person touches. The kids will be so excited - they haven't really been out of the house except for doctor/dentist appointments and coming with us a couple times to wait for grocery pick up since March! I'm pretty excited too!

• Like 1

HI all!

Belle ~ thanks for starting the thread. Yes that's right, our Thanksgiving is sooner than yours, only

25 days away.

I'm thinking more long term & want to have lost my 20 lbs by the cruise I'm hoping to go on at the beginning of February. I'm down 0.4 lbs this week but just under 170 so am happy about that.

melmar02 ~ enjoy your day at the Zoo,! I'd be excited to go too! It'd be nice to go somewhere other than the usual places in Town!!

Have good day & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Well I'm up. But I knew I'd be after last weekend and a month of spare the air day limiting outdoors even more. Back on track. .... Diana, do you have blue skies yet?

We were just advised to cancel Halloween trick or treating in all forms: door-to-door, via car, bowls on porch. That'll save me a few inches as I seem to eat as much as i give out. Making packets for my 6 grandkids + 4 kids in their bubble

Belle, we usually do the Turkey Trot together Thanksgiving Day. It's not canceled yet but I'm pretty sure it will be. So looking for fun alternatives.

Mel, I took the girls to the Oakland Zoo when it reopened last month. At one point the 6yo turned to me and said " I almost forgot we're on Quarantine." Hoping it's as good for yours!!

Jo, congratulations on being under 170!!

Jan, Happy Birthday 🥳

• Like 1

Mel, great you are down. Have a great time at the zoo. I'm a big kid, I still love going to zoos. 

Jo, congrats on being under 170, awesome. 

Ombud, sorry you're up. We have some pale blue sky. We can see the sun. Yesterday the air was so much better, I worked in the yard for a little. Today the air is better still. 

Diana

Thanks to all on this site. Encouragement and support.   
loss 1.4.      

I keep adapting short term goals rather than looking at wk by  week.  New goal is the next six lbs that will get me half way to over all goal.   

• Like 1

Great job, @Izena! So close

@Jan_In_Maine birthday plans??

@winewandererdoesn't it feel great to be back outside 🙂

Well wouldn't you know! It's been colder here (upper 70°) so I decided to take all my odds and ends veggies & cheese and make a big pot of cream soup. Just finished. Was about to make biscuits to go with it and it's 90°!!! So no biscuits, 4 dinners to freezer (I do cook once and early thrice), 1 to fridge. Having salad for dinner as it's too hot for soup

• Like 1

Hello Everyone

Hope everyone had a good day and will have a nice Friday and a great weekend.

No matter that's there's nothing to do or no where to go!:classic_rolleyes:

See everyone had a pretty good week. Some better than others but another week

has begun. We all have done good not to have big gains these last SIX MONTHS

that we've stayed home.

All I can say is...Keep Up The Good Work!

• Like 1

Hi all!

Just popping in to wish Jan many happy healthy returns of the day. Eat cake, it's your birthday!🎂🍷

Today's weight again less than yesterday's!! Wonder why that is.

Have a nice weekend & stay safe. I'm going to meet my friend for lunch at a restaurant then go for a walk so hope one offsets the other!!😉

~ Jo ~ 😊

Jan - Happy birthday!! 🎉

Jo - Great being down this week and under 170! Enjoy lunch with your friend!

Ombud - Sorry you're up. I'm sure it will come off soon. I'm with you on the soup. It has to be cold for me to be in the mood. My husband can eat it when it's 100° out though. 

Diana - Glad your skies are clearing up!

Izena - Nice loss!

Belle - Good day here. We just finished up our first 9 weeks of school this afternoon, and I already have all the papers graded! Woohoo!

We're taking all of next week off for DD and my birthdays. This is the first year I'm giving homework over a break - she has a book report due the Monday we start up again and a History project. Working on planning skills with her more than anything. DH informed me this morning that today is National Cheeseburger Day. We cheated for lunch, but we're having salads for dinner and plan to be good the rest of the weekend. Need to walk some too.

Hello everyone on this Sat. afternoon.

Are you doing anything special?  Not me. Slept late which was nice.

Think I will vacuum the house today..isn't that exciting?

Saw my daughter  a few minutes last night, she brought me a pizza. wasn't that nice.

Something different to eat. She's doing fine but working long hours.  My son is fine too.

How are your "kids"?   I don't get to see them much because of the virus which I hate.

Think next week we will get together and have lunch  outside on my patio.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Hello everyone,

Izena, nice loss for the week and overall loss. Good job!

Belle, nice you saw your daughter and with pizza in hand....how nice. Glad your son and daughter are good, staying healthy.

We decided to go to the gym today. Before we new it we had been there an hour. Was good for us. Added it to a couple of other errands so it didn't feel so far to drive. Everyone in masks and everyone wiping down equipment, staying away from each other. The gym employees were walking around, making sure everyone was keeping their mask on.

We also stopped for a burger while we were out but the smallest size, no cheese and also got 2 small fries but just shared one. Hubby can eat the other one later or with lunch tomorrow. So we didn't do too bad for lunch.

Mel, like that you and daughter celebrate your birthdays for a week, I like to do that too for hubby and I. Happy birthday to you both.

Our air quality is gross again today (will be tomorrow too). Smells like smoke outside and you can see this brown gunk in the air. Blah. 

Stay well and enjoy the weekend, Diana

Afternoon All...Having a good day?

Diana glad you got some gym time and ran errands and had a good day.

Lucky your gym has a few people so you could go. I wouldn't feel comfortable going

but glad you two do. Hope your having good weather and not to much smoke.

Not much going on here as usual. Talked to some friends on the phone, we're all

tired of everything going on.  What's bad it could get worse in so many ways. Pray it doesn't.

People have to get smart, act smart, think smart for many things in these last few months

of 2020.  If not we won't like 2021.

• Like 1

Hi all --- sorry I haven't posted.  Yes I had a wonderful birthday ... the kids all called/texted and DH gave me some beautiful pink roses and we went out to dinner.  Dinner was just at a chain restaurant, but all the people who work there are my "babies" ... they are facebook friends and we have associated with them all outside of their work.  (One person who worked there,  I got to be her "mom" for her college graduation, she is from another country and her mom and dad couldn't be here).  I was so honored.

Today the high was 60 and tonight the low is to be 27 .... it is fall here.

We spent Saturday and Sunday tearing apart half of the driveway ... around here they do not use concrete, rather roads, driveways, sidewalks are all asphalt.  Our driveway had two 4" layers of asphalt and we had to remove it all (81 years of driveway)... It was quite the workout and I think I used up a lot of calories.  It felt so good to have it all done ... we are going to put stone down and then probably in a year or so will re-tar the driveway.  We need to wait to see what the city will end up doing before we finish.

Love hearing about everyone's weight losses, lives, etc.  Tomorrow I am meeting my trainer .... I am so ready for this  life to change back ... sometimes it is difficult to really enjoy the new normal.  I've seen my kids, but it isn't the same and I miss hugging everyone.

Hope everyone is doing ok.  Take care all, Jan

• Like 1

On 9/19/2020 at 2:12 AM, Belle said:

Mel...You have the right idea..a week off for your Birthday.  What's the date?

Belle, My birthday is this Thursday, the 24th. The cheeseburger was great, and I'm still on track this week! I'm glad you got to see your daughter, and I hope you enjoyed the pizza!

Diana, it's nice you could string together a few errands around the gym. I've never just looked up and realized I was there for an hour. When I'm there it's always, "Is this hour over yet?" 😆 Our skies way out here have been overcast the last couple days, and the weather guys all say it's from the smoke in California being carried in the wind- it's supposed to be worse in Oklahoma. I can't imagine how awful it is for you guys. 

Jan, I'm glad you had a great birthday! It certainly is fall there - our lows are in the 60's here. What a workout - I hope you're not too sore!

Sometime during Covid we started having "special breakfast" every Sunday. We rotate who gets to pick and make pancakes, pick up donuts, make cinnamon rolls etc. Something different from the normal scrambled eggs and pop-tarts the kids get. It just happened to work out that this week is my daughter's pick and next weekend is mine, both close to our birthdays! We picked up breakfast from our favorite diner this morning. We haven't even thought about eating there in 6 months, and it was so good! I'll probably repeat it next weekend too. I had half an omelet (will eat the other half for lunch tomorrow) and of course pancakes. Hopefully they don't tip the scale too much for me. 

This week is usually the start of putting on our hibernation weight. DD and my birthday then Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and about Valentine's Day I realize nothing fits anymore! I'm resolved for that not to happen this year and plan to stick with intermittent fasting through the holidays. I'm hoping with fewer gatherings that it will be easier.

Edited by melmar02
  • Like 1

Happy Belated, Jan 🙂 and Happy Early, Melmar 🙂 

I lost a tiny bit, but basically maintained which is pretty good all things considered.  Super busy with DS soccer and restarting Bible Study.  I've started walking on the treadmill at the gym after dropping DS and school and catching up on my "watch later" YouTube feed to make extra use of the time.

I'd really like to be under 190 (194 and change right now) by 10/21 (25th Anniversary).  I'm pretty sure I was 180's when we married.  I'm thinking I might try my dress on next month too - it's been in storage since the wedding but somehow seems a waste to just be boxed up.

Have a great week everyone!

Good Afternoon Everyone...Hoping you had/have a good day.

Jan..Glad you had a nice birthday dinner with friends.  Nice you got roses from your honey.

you were sure busy during the weekend. Sure you burned cals and got a good workout.

Mel..Birthday is soon. Glad you and daughter are enjoying your birthday breakfasts. Yes the Holidays

make it easier to gain. This tear should be easier to at least stay the same.

Pac..Glad to see you.  Wishing you make your goal you want for your 25th Anniversary.

• Thanks 1

Pacruise - You'll get there. Congrats on your 25th! 

Yesterday was good. We stayed at the zoo for 3 hours; it almost felt like we had the place to ourselves! We bought a membership, so the kids and I can go back for field trips on our off weeks. We only saw about 75% of the exhibits, but it was lunch time, and we wanted to eat at home.

Hope everyone is having a good week so far!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jan, glad you had a nice birthday dinner. Oh how I wish we had cool temperatures like you. It was 95 here yesterday. Next week 100 all week. Should be 80's first week of October....

Mel, how nice you had a good time at the zoo. Sounds like nice breakfasts you are having. 

The smoke, I've read it has reached the the east coast and they expect it to circle the globe, awaful. Today we have blue sky. Yesterday I spent a little time outside, air quality was a bit better. Might spent some time outside today again or tomorrow.

PAC, glad you are getting the treadmill in. You are doing great on your goals.

Belle, glad you're keeping us chatting. 

Diana

• Thanks 1