Favorite Yacht Club Room on Meraviglia

KennyFla

4 hours ago, KennyFla said:

What is your favorite room in YC on Meraviglia?  We have a cruise in January and the rooms still seem wide open.  And why do you like it?

Thanks in advance

We have stayed in 16018 & 16020 and really liked that location.  Close to the Concierge desk and easy access to the topsail and elevator to the restaurant.  Also if you stop at Ocean Cay, Starboard side has been facing the island in the past times we were there. 

• Like 1

When I made my reservation, I tried to book a Deck 16 suite.  None were available.  Booked 1516 on the Starboard side and was quite pleased with it.  Elevator and stairs were close and I was on the same deck that provided easy access to the rest of the ship's amenities aft on that deck without using elevator or stairs.  Being on the starboard side--if the ship docks at Ocean Cay as mine did--one can watch the nighttime light/sound show at the Lighthouse from your veranda.  

13 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

When I made my reservation, I tried to book a Deck 16 suite.  None were available.  Booked 1516 on the Starboard side and was quite pleased with it.  Elevator and stairs were close and I was on the same deck that provided easy access to the rest of the ship's amenities aft on that deck without using elevator or stairs.  Being on the starboard side--if the ship docks at Ocean Cay as mine did--one can watch the nighttime light/sound show at the Lighthouse from your veranda.  

Missing a digit.  Probably a zero?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DiamondDiva said:

They go quite quickly.

I did not know this.  When I booked, Ocean Cay was still underdevelopment.  Since the island has been developed and "news" is being circulated about an advantage of Starboard over Port staterooms, it makes good sense that the Starboard staterooms would be booked first.

• 1 month later...

Reviving an old thread for a similar question - debating between the YC Duplex or splurging an extra $1K for the Royal Suite.

2 bathrooms would be nice... but from the videos I've seen I would prefer the balcony layout on the Royal Suite better. It doesn't seem like you can actually view the ocean easily when sitting on the balcony of the duplex.

10 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Reviving an old thread for a similar question - debating between the YC Duplex or splurging an extra $1K for the Royal Suite.

2 bathrooms would be nice... but from the videos I've seen I would prefer the balcony layout on the Royal Suite better. It doesn't seem like you can actually view the ocean easily when sitting on the balcony of the duplex.

We were supposed to be in a RS in March, missed it by a week.  They do have the duplex and RS priced pretty high.  That is one downfall of RS, why not another bathroom, even a half.  If only $1k, probably the RS although the layout of duplex is interesting.  I'd agree about balcony,

If, by chance, by the time I'm ready to book deck 16, Starboard side, is not available, what's everyone's second choice?  I know I read "somewhere" that if you're on deck 14 you feel out of it and deck 18 doesn't have suites above it.

2 hours ago, mafig said:

If, by chance, by the time I'm ready to book deck 16, Starboard side, is not available, what's everyone's second choice?  I know I read "somewhere" that if you're on deck 14 you feel out of it and deck 18 doesn't have suites above it.

Deck 16 is, in our estimation, the best location so if you can't get starboard side, get port side. 

On 9/17/2020 at 7:12 AM, KennyFla said:

What is your favorite room in YC on Meraviglia?  We have a cruise in January and the rooms still seem wide open.  And why do you like it?

Thanks in advance

Really liked B2B 16003, totally quiet and uninterrupted with little notice to access to top sail lounge; no services room or interiors across the hall on port side.  Also, like the southern bound early days for sunrise.

16 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

We had the same dilemma. We booked the RS before the Duplex was "upgraded" and later considered switching to the Duplex. The price difference was less than $1K total at the time but in the end, after showing the family videos of both suites, we decided to stay in the RS. The extra bathroom would have been nice but the better overall balcony space was the difference. We figured that we'll spend more time on the balcony than in the bathroom. 

6 hours ago, dexddd said:

That is one downfall of RS, why not another bathroom, even a half.

This is another area where MSC can improve. Even the upcoming Owner's Suite on Seashore has only one bathroom. 

Looking at my booking, MSC is asking 45% over the price of the Deluxe Suite for the Duplex Suite. That's a bit too high, IMO. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only

6 hours ago, mafig said:

When I made my booking on Meraviglia, my first choice was Deck 16; nothing available.  I accepted Deck 15 and was very pleased with the suite and the location.

• Like 1

I will not recommend the Duplex. It seems like a nice space and eapecially for kids sleeping downstairs, however a huge part of the exclusivity of YC (and Haven on NCL) is the ability to be behind those glass doors. A short walk to the Lounge, the reataurant, the pool deck, etc all without fighting elevators, people, etc. Now moreso with Covid, the ability to not have to elevator it is huge IMHO. The prioroty elevator for YC is hit or miss more miss than hit, as sometimes they are disabled or dont work properly. Also good luck when you get on one, swipe your bracelet for priority service and others figure out theyre screwed, we had two ladies insult us and get borderline very very disparaging with their remarks to us that we opted to get out before the doors closed once on SS. 

Just take into consideration your commute to the sanctuary! It can get annoying if youre like us and soend alot of time there. 

Either way you just cant beat it. Best of luck!

1 hour ago, BoundForSea said:

The prioroty elevator for YC is hit or miss more miss than hit, 

You can say that again!  Trying to use priority for the elevators just aft of the Main Theater after a show, FORGET IT!  Even if the bracelet works that calls for the elevator,  the elevator, more often than not, is on the other side of a wide foyer, packed with people from where you are.  By the time you push through the throngs, the elevator has left. 

We walked forward away from the large group of people and took the elevator. Even that one time two couples jumped in and we told them it was going straight to the YC level. They said well we will get off with you and see the YC. We told them they checked for wrist bands and they changed their mind. 

5 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The extra bathroom would have been nice but the better overall balcony space was the difference. We figured that we'll spend more time on the balcony than in the bathroom. 

Agreed, especially since the bathrooms in the duplex were just 'ok'. When we were in the DOS on NCL Jade, we ended up spending a ton of time chatting with people who we gave room tours to in the bathroom since it was so big. Wouldn't plan on doing that on this trip. And that balcony on the RS.... I keep going back to the videos and couldn't turn it down.

48 minutes ago, BoundForSea said:

Just take into consideration your commute to the sanctuary! It can get annoying if you're like us and spend alot of time there. 

Either way you just cant beat it. Best of luck!

Agreed. Hubby plans on spending a lot of time at the YC bar. We opted for the RS. With the healthcare heroes promotion it was too good to turn down the opportunity to live large. Fingers double crossed that we actually get to sail and experience it.

22 hours ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

We walked forward away from the large group of people and took the elevator. 

Was this on Meraviglia?  If so, where "forward" did you go to get an elevator after exiting the Main Theater?  To the best of my knowledge, there were no other elevators more forward than those immediately aft of the entrance/exit to the Main Theater.

21 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Hubby plans on spending a lot of time at the YC bar.

On Meraviglia, this bar was a disappointment.  Poorly patronized and the bartender was less than conversational.  I hope that your husband will have a different experience.

If not, the Meraviglia Lounge bar was active and the bartenders were willing to talk as they had time.  During the day, the bar forward of the mid-ship's pool was a great place to hang out.  When the bartender recognized that I was a YC guest, I received a Bloody Mary that did not need to be followed by another one!

14 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Was this on Meraviglia?  If so, where "forward" did you go to get an elevator after exiting the Main Theater?  To the best of my knowledge, there were no other elevators more forward than those immediately aft of the entrance/exit to the Main Theater.

Oops nope it was on the Seaside. Sorry about that my mind was somewhere else.