I'm confused!!

diesel1973

Lately I have been getting a bunch of e-mails from cruise lines and TA's with great deals on cruises. How can anyone book a future cruise if:

1. They don't know when ,if, and where they will start cruising.

2. They don't know what the rules and regs. that will be enforced if they do start.

3. And last but not least why would someone put more money down on a future when you can't get a refund or FCC on a cruise already booked that was cancelled.

How stupid do they think we are?? Any body with an ounce of brains in their head would not be booking future cruises no matter how "cheap"  until matters get sorted out. Just saying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, diesel1973 said:

Lately I have been getting a bunch of e-mails from cruise lines and TA's with great deals on cruises. How can anyone book a future cruise if:

2. They don't know what the rules and regs. that will be enforced if they do start.

3. And last but not least why would someone put more money down on a future when you can't get a refund or FCC on a cruise already booked that was cancelled.

How stupid do they think we are?? Any body with an ounce of brains in their head would not be booking future cruises no matter how "cheap"  until matters get sorted out. Just saying.

For every intelligent person like you there are thousands who have the opinion that the pandemic will end in November.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, diesel1973 said:

I have gotten refunds for all cancelled cruises I put in for. Refunds are coming faster these days on all the lines I know. Unless you already applied a fcc, you can get full refund from canc cruises.

But I've had np getting refunds. I didnt want to have to use fcc to rebook so only moved one carnival and took one fcc from rcl. The rest I'll pay in cash. 

Rcl has it in writing. You can cancel any cruise booked before sept 30 and get a fcc for what you paid if you cancel within 48 hours of your cruise. I dont know how they could offer much more flexibility. 

Molly I already have a b2b booked lol. Too late to do a short cruise. I'm in for 14 days. My next up booking.

Edited by firefly333

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I'm actually thinking of booking a short cruise in Feb.  Guess I'm a glutton for punishment😇

Me too. Just booked B2B late November 2021. That makes 5 for next year. Three I was able to use FCC but this last one had to make 2 deposits plus insurance. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

For every intelligent person like you there are thousands who have the opinion that the pandemic will end in November.

I havent seen even one post saying they think covid will end in November, could you give a link?

I've seen a few who think some few cruises might start in November. I read a blog yesterday I didnt bother to ss saying he thinks cruises might start from 2 florida ports in November based on all the other carnival cruises have disappeared from the booking engine. No one knows. 

I'm whole with the cruise lines, they have processed every refund I have requested.  I do appreciate that if someone hasn't received their refund yet they might be hesitant to book again.  

The majority of my new bookings are refundable.  I'm not booking the same as I did before and I am expecting more delays to be announced.  

For the moment I see no reason not to book future cruises.  That may change next year, it's an evolving situation.  Ask me again in six months.  

• Like 5

I guess I'm another without "an ounce of brains":  I had 5 cruises scheduled this year, one went as scheduled in February; the rest were cancelled (including a December River Cruise); I've booked 5 more, including a Caribbean cruise in December.  Will the December one go?....probably not....but I can always hope!  That's all part of the fun of cruising....the planning and expectation!  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I havent seen even one post saying they think covid will end in November, could you give a link?

I've seen a few who think some few cruises might start in November. I read a blog yesterday I didnt bother to ss saying he thinks cruises might start from 2 florida ports in November based on all the other carnival cruises have disappeared from the booking engine. No one knows. 

I never said I read anything about Covid ending in November.If you listen to news stations or watch TV you will hear people saying that the virus is a hoax and will end Nov.3.

• Like 1

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

I never said I read anything about Covid ending in November.If you listen to news stations or watch TV you will hear people saying that the virus is a hoax and will end Nov.3.

Again link please. Havent seen anyone saying it was a hoax, except misquote by media who I dont count. Who says it will end nov 4th?

Please provide link. Media doesnt count as a valid source., turn off you tv. Or listen to doctors and experts. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Feel free to call me brainless, since I'm all over future cruises.

Six cruises booked between March 2021 and March 2022:  3 each on Princess and RCCL. 

I expect the March 2021 and April 2021 Princess cruises have a good chance of getting cancelled, and I've spent a lot of time reviewing replacement cruises.  

The Princess cruises are offering anywhere from 125% to 200% FCC if they cancel, and we will have anywhere from $3k-$12k in bonus FCCs to spend on future cruises.  This doesn't include the $1,020 in port taxes that will be refunded to our credit card.

RCCL are original non-refundable deposits, except if they are cancelled by RCCL all the money goes to an FCC:  no change or cancellation fees.

We have every intention of going on all these cruises, so paying more in advance of final payment date to Princess isn't a problem:  I'd rather secure additional cruising than count my measly interest income.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Again link please. Havent seen anyone saying it was a hoax, except misquote by media who I dont count. Who says it will end nov 4th?

Please provide link. Media doesnt count as a valid source., turn off you tv. Or listen to doctors and experts. 

That is not my opinion. I am merely stating something that I and many others have heard.

The best answer is that there is no answer!

No one knows when cruises will start again...

No one knows when a vaccine will be available to the mass market...

No one knows which cruise lines will actually be around when cruising resumes...

No one knows if someone will become infected with COVID during a cruise...

No one know if a ship will be quarantined during a cruise...

In essence, no one knows.

How one reacts to this uncertainty is a matter of personal choice!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm another brain dead, couldn't resist booking a 7th cruise this week.

I think there are always some who arent bright or have conspiracy theories i ignore. If politics comes up on my tv i usually change the channel, dont want to hear until the election is over. I have a son of my bil who thinks the shooting at that school up in the NE didnt occur, but doesnt mean I believe him. 

OP I can see why you are confused if you believe every tom dick and harry... turn off the media too. They have a agenda.

I'm taking advantage of these good cruise deals.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

I guess I'm another without "an ounce of brains":  I had 5 cruises scheduled this year, one went as scheduled in February; the rest were cancelled (including a December River Cruise); I've booked 5 more, including a Caribbean cruise in December.  Will the December one go?....probably not....but I can always hope!  That's all part of the fun of cruising....the planning and expectation!  

Same here, Booked 37nites in Nov/Dec(now Canceled), In 2021- 25 in Mar/Apr 2021, 22 in Jun/July, 29 in Aug/Sep, 20 in Nov. I'm ready when they are and when starts back up have my choice Cabins and great Rates. Sure won't do all them but when been Canceled (5 so far) received my Refunds and FCC's in under 3 weeks.

Edited by ONECRUISER

24 minutes ago, pcur said:

Yes, many "on the street" interviews have shown people declaring the pandemic a hoax.  The most recent I saw was an NBC reporter interviewing people outside the scary Nevada orange person rally about a week ago.  Some lady was very eloquent about her misinformation.

As it says above:   No Political Posts....  Please Remember Our Purpose  

The world has become a changing place; we're all stressed, worried and nothing makes sense any longer.  We've lost  jobs, the security of every day life, some experience health issues and yes, some have even lost friends and family.

For 25 years we've provided this haven for cruisers.  KEYWORD:  haven.    I'm asking that you all remember that.  This is our place to escape, connect with friends and to discuss your favorite form of travel -- cruising.

Don't bring politics into your posts.  Soften your "virtual" voice when you respond to others.  Re-read before you push the submit button.  Let's set an example for the rest of the travel world by displaying who we are!  Remember, we're all in this together.

Thank you for listening, and for your anticipated cooperation,

LauraS and the Cruise Critic Community Team

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pcur said:

Yes, many "on the street" interviews have shown people declaring the pandemic a hoax.  The most recent I saw was an NBC reporter interviewing people outside the scary Nevada orange person rally about a week ago.  Some lady was very eloquent about her misinformation.

Thanks for posting this😀

We are also in the "brainless" group.  We are still booking cruises.  We would have become Diamond + in March, May, June, July, August & September.  Each was cancelled.  We are still hoping for December, Jan '21, March '21, May '21 & July '21.  We have also received full refunds from Royal for cancelled cruises.