I'm confused!!

diesel1973

On 9/17/2020 at 3:23 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Yes, many "on the street" interviews have shown people declaring the pandemic a hoax.  The most recent I saw was an NBC reporter interviewing people outside the scary Nevada orange person rally about a week ago.

What is an "orange person"? I must have missed this.

OTHER- Ref booking cruises, we booked for Feb-March. It looks like a no-go but I still enjoy thinking about it. Having it booked is good for my mental health😊

Edited by Etta1213
  • Like 1

Booking deals as fast as our cruises are being cancelled. We've intentionally been trying to book a relaunch cruise, but the relaunch dates have come and gone (with associated cancellation). We're now waiting until late October and will book a November cruise if they relaunch and have availability (due to limited capacity). 

On 9/17/2020 at 1:51 PM, diesel1973 said:

How stupid do they think we are?? Any body with an ounce of brains in their head would not be booking future cruises no matter how "cheap"  until matters get sorted out. Just saying.

One thing I learned a long time ago is don’t tell other people what to do with their money. To use your term, any body with an ounce of brains knows not to tell other people what to do with their money, unless you are a financial planner, stock broker, etc.

Personally I don’t plan to book any more cruises until cruising resumes from US ports, although I still have 5 cruises booked that I booked prior to this pandemic. However, the reason I am not booking any more cruises is I have a lot of other interests in life beyond cruising. It has nothing to do with having an ounce of brains. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RCLcruiser2012 said:

I have been wondering the same thing.  Why book when we have no clue when cruises will resume?  I don't want to go through the hassle of rebooking.......   🤷‍♀️  

I would rather go through the hassle of rebooking than sitting at my computer next year, furious at myself, saying "damn, why didn't I book earlier when I could have had a sky class suite for 4 people for $4,000?" And then, if I want to cruise, scrambling on booking whatever is left over when cruising actually starts and then having to shell out 3X the prices during the shutdown.

Edited by cured
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Someone who posts that is attempting to make a political statement here, which is prohibited on CC. 

M8

Actually, not so much political, as cheeky.  According to the Urban Dictionary:

Orange People A subset of humans defined by a peculiar orange pigmentation of the skin. Scientists believe the orange pigment comes from an abundance of carotenoids produced by over-exposure to club music and hair products. They can be observed in their natural habitats, New Jersey dance clubs.

😁 

Dancing Snoopy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, pcur said:

Orange People A subset of humans defined by a peculiar orange pigmentation of the skin. Scientists believe the orange pigment comes from an abundance of carotenoids produced by over-exposure to club music and hair products. They can be observed in their natural habitats, New Jersey dance clubs.

😁 

Dancing Snoopy.gif

That’s funny but pretty sure it means something else when posted here. 😇

M8

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Since she's the one who posted it, I think that she gets to tell you what it means.

Seriously,  I'll bet you a real drink in Schooner that Lenny meant exactly what M8 referred to.

Just might have to flag it. 😉

Edited by John&LaLa
quote wasn't by Lenny, apologies. Original already deleted
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, pcur said:

😁 

What does that have to do with Nevada🤔

15 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

OTHER- Ref booking cruises, we booked for Feb-March. It looks like a no-go but I still enjoy thinking about it. Having it booked is good for my mental health😊

You seem to have quoted the wrong person

I 100% agree with you. I did book a cruise for July, which of course was cancelled. I wanted to move the date to August, in hopes. I couldn't do that. I could lift and shift a year later, didn't want to do that because I don't know what the hell I am going to be doing in a year (I know a lot of people book cruises a year out, but I don't). I had to pay for another cruise for August, while waiting to get my money refunded. Nope. When ships start to sail, I will book, but not before. They tie up your money.

On 9/18/2020 at 11:04 PM, Etta1213 said:

I never posted the above. I have no idea of what happened.