Florida Senators Introduce Legislation To Restart Cruising

Falckon

Don't hold your breath. It would need to be signed by the president and he has no love for cruise ships that could carry the virus. And with none of the cruise ships being registered in the US, he's not going to have an incentive to get things started again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snowrose said:

Don't hold your breath. It would need to be signed by the president and he has no love for cruise ships that could carry the virus. And with none of the cruise ships being registered in the US, he's not going to have an incentive to get things started again.

Oh no!  What happened?  Did the president have a fallout with Micky Arison?  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

The senators are just throwing some scraps of meat out to the cruise line execs that have donated to their re election campaigns. Nothing more.

i think there is lack of revenue in florida because of no cruising , it is definitely effecting them. jobs at the ports , food and fuel sales every week loaded on to ships,  hotel stays for guests the day before .air travel through ect ect. 

• Like 5

He ha love for no one but himself. Bigly love.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 2

How messed up is it when we need to try to pass a law to get HHS/CDC to do their job.

But this needs the support of a majority of congress in both houses and the president's signature, and then the bill proposes to get all these agencies to work together to make a plan.... all this would be months in the works even in it could make a difference.

This is like telling toddlers throwing tantrums that the playground rules require you to have fun and expecting something to change.

With the election approaching, cruises and cruise ships are way, way down the list of priorities for any elected official I'm afraid.  It's going to be up to the cruise lines to get themselves going again, proving it is virus free and controlled before anyone will be listening.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Snowrose said:

Just tell him that the resurrection of the cruise industry would bring thousands of jobs back to florida and so there would be thousands of additional votes for him.

then he will sign everything. 😉

• Like 1

On 9/19/2020 at 2:14 AM, Snowrose said:

I disagree. The President wants America to be strong and jobs to open back up. The CDC and “other” medical advisors who have their hand in the interest of money working on the “vaccine” could care less about it. I personally feel that it is a conflict of interest for any medical advisor hired by the US Government to be involved with earning money from the vaccine.. The President loves this country. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

On 9/18/2020 at 11:31 PM, HaveWeMetYet said:

The senators are just throwing some scraps of meat out to the cruise line execs that have donated to their re election campaigns. Nothing more.

Exactly.  As they say, follow the money.  Its just as ridiculous for legislation to be offered to stop cruising than it would be to mandate legislation to start cruising.  This is not taken serious and is a lame payback for political contributions.  If you want to do something have cruise line CEOs testify before a hearing explaining how they are ready to cruise and the precautions they have in place. What will cruise lines do with infected passengers on board?  Is the government ready to set up quarantine sites again?  We cannot legislate our way out of a global pandemic.  What next?  Senator Rubio introducing legislation to stop colon cancer?  
Seriously guys.......are we this stupid?

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Royals Carol said:

I disagree. The President wants America to be strong and jobs to open back up. The CDC and “other” medical advisors who have their hand in the interest of money working on the “vaccine” could care less about it. I personally feel that it is a conflict of interest for any medical advisor hired by the US Government to be involved with earning money from the vaccine.. The President loves this country. 

I believe 'conflict of interest' is an understatement. Corruption, in my opinion, describes alot of what is happening. I hope that the cruise lines can get back to operating soon. 

• Like 1

And furthermore, 'The greatest medicine of all is teaching people how not to need it'..... Hippocrates.... When was the last time anyone heard from the 'experts', get out in sunshine, exercise, make smart food choices to nourish our bodies, appropriate sleep. Instead it has been stay home, wear a mask when you go out, use hand sanitizer everywhere, follow footprints and arrows everywhere. And of course, so many are waiting for that vaccine. There are many courageous professionals who have very different opinions on all of this and have spoken out. Little chance of seeing same on main stream media....and it really doesn't take much research to understand why that is. Hope cruising is able to get back to business and get who knows how many back to making a living. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Royals Carol said:

My comment is based on his previous decisions and actions. He didn't want the other cruise ships to dock and had the no sail order put into place. Time will tell which course he chooses this time.

8 hours ago, Royals Carol said:

Please explain how the CDC "has their hand in the interest of money working on the vaccine". For starters  it's the FDA that has to approve any vaccines, not the CDC. In fact it's the Trump-appointed chief vaccine advisor, Moncef Slaoui, not the public servants at the CDC and FDA who has the financial ties to the drug industry. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/20/health/coronavirus-vaccine-czar.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, winterbliss said:

And furthermore, 'The greatest medicine of all is teaching people how not to need it'..... Hippocrates.... When was the last time anyone heard from the 'experts', get out in sunshine, exercise, make smart food choices to nourish our bodies, appropriate sleep. Instead it has been stay home, wear a mask when you go out, use hand sanitizer everywhere, follow footprints and arrows everywhere. And of course, so many are waiting for that vaccine. There are many courageous professionals who have very different opinions on all of this and have spoken out. Little chance of seeing same on main stream media....and it really doesn't take much research to understand why that is. Hope cruising is able to get back to business and get who knows how many back to making a living. 

Exercising, eating properly and getting sufficient sleep are all  part of a healthy lifestyle that should be followed at all times . Since when did the experts say otherwise?  The other advice...staying home, wearing a mask when in public and using hand sanitizer are specific steps to lessen the spread of COVID-19. They don't replace the healthy lifestyle advice, they supplement it. It's one plus the other not one or the other.

Can you provide references to statements made by qualified professionals...the ones you describe as courageous, that are backed by scientific evidence ? If they've spoken out they must be published somewhere.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 11:31 PM, HaveWeMetYet said:

I feel sad for you.  Senators Scott and Rubio are popular and accomplished here in Florida and they recognize the CDC pointless and counter productive meddling in Florida affairs.  We've been ready for cruising since June 5.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Please explain how the CDC "has their hand in the interest of money working on the vaccine". For starters  it's the FDA that has to approve any vaccines, not the CDC. In fact it's the Trump-appointed chief vaccine advisor, Moncef Slaoui, not the public servants at the CDC and FDA who has the financial ties to the drug industry. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/20/health/coronavirus-vaccine-czar.html

The CDC is using the only cards they have to scare people into wanting a vaccine.  And cruising is the biggest card they have.

The bureaucracies in the CDC and FDA are just as corrupt and incompetent as the FAA (737MAX).  Gilead & Boeing learned how to play the game best.

The lesson here is the CDC's authority over cruising has to be stripped completely.  The States are perfectly capably of handling onboard health and safety issues.  Well, Florida is, and probably Texas.  California can't even figure out how to steal our theme park guidelines.