Eagle Society Cruise

jebhoward3

Our Alaska Explorer cruise next summer is now labeled as "Eagle Society Cruise" on ACL website.   Doanes anyone know what might be different?  I cannot find info on their website that describes anything different, or in doing a internet search.

Thanks for any info.

18 hours ago, jebhoward3 said:

Our Alaska Explorer cruise next summer is now labeled as "Eagle Society Cruise" on ACL website.   Doanes anyone know what might be different?  I cannot find info on their website that describes anything different, or in doing a internet search.

Thanks for any info.

jebhoward3,

Thank you for posting this question.  I have often wondered exactly how different the "Eagle Society Cruises" may be .

We have only done seven cruises on ACL, usually based on itinerary.  Perhaps, some day, an Eagle Society Cruise will show up with an itinerary we are interested in doing, and we will give it a try.

NRayH

I have a brochure titled "2020 Eagle Society Cruises."  Introduction says "this booklet details our 2020 Eagle Society cruise schedule." It lists about a dozen cruise itineraries (such as "Alaskan Explorer" and "Hudson River Fall Foliage"), but does not specify any dates!    Most of the brochure deals with advantages of being an Eagle Society member.  It does say this:

"Each year, ACL dedicates several cruises specifically for Eagle Society members.  These itineraries offer an enhanced experience, as they include special features such as a welcome reception, gifts, an exclusive dining experience, and VIP access at a historically significant venue."

We've been on a couple of designated ES cruises.  On the Puget Sound cruise, ES members were bused to a museum where they threw a wine and cheese party for us.  I guess that was our "VIP" benefit.  Don't remember any "exclusive dining," and all ES members got welcome reception and gifts, regardless of whether it was a designated ES cruise or not.

The brochure cover letter said "...we would like to offer you $1,000 savings on  the Eagle Society cruise of your choice."  Not sure how that would apply, since we (almost) always book on-board savings, and that cannot be combined with other offers such as this one.      

Edited by DaveinCharlotte
typo

21 hours ago, DaveinCharlotte said:

I have a brochure titled "2020 Eagle Society Cruises."  Introduction says "this booklet details our 2020 Eagle Society cruise schedule." It lists about a dozen cruise itineraries (such as "Alaskan Explorer" and "Hudson River Fall Foliage"), but does not specify any dates!    Most of the brochure deals with advantages of being an Eagle Society member.  It does say this:

"Each year, ACL dedicates several cruises specifically for Eagle Society members.  These itineraries offer an enhanced experience, as they include special features such as a welcome reception, gifts, an exclusive dining experience, and VIP access at a historically significant venue."

We've been on a couple of designated ES cruises.  On the Puget Sound cruise, ES members were bused to a museum where they threw a wine and cheese party for us.  I guess that was our "VIP" benefit.  Don't remember any "exclusive dining," and all ES members got welcome reception and gifts, regardless of whether it was a designated ES cruise or not.

The brochure cover letter said "...we would like to offer you $1,000 savings on  the Eagle Society cruise of your choice."  Not sure how that would apply, since we (almost) always book on-board savings, and that cannot be combined with other offers such as this one.      

Hi Dave,

Thank you for this information.  Maybe I should just contact ACL to request the Eagle Society Cruise Brochure?

We, also, usually do our future cruise bookings whilst aboard one of their ships, just as we usually do with other cruise lines.

NRayH

On 9/19/2020 at 10:33 AM, Ray in NH said:

Hi Dave,

Thank you for this information.  Maybe I should just contact ACL to request the Eagle Society Cruise Brochure?

We, also, usually do our future cruise bookings whilst aboard one of their ships, just as we usually do with other cruise lines.

NRayH

Since yet to have first cruise with ACL had to look up to see what this is.  Guess something to sign up for when eligible, just to see what's offered in future.