Clothesline in Club Continent shower

Skicruiser55

If you have a lot of clothes that you want to air dry, you could bring a portable line like this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WAVDO78/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I strung it across using the drapery tie back hooks as my anchors.

7 hours ago, florisdekort said:

Love these questions.  They give me a sense of normality that in the middle of a global pandemic and uncertainty whether some cruise lines will ever sail again one can still discuss a clothesline 😝 Awesome! 

Thanks - I am trying to maintain some sense of sanity through it all.  We are booked for next Sept and realize we may have to postpone but it just gave us hope to have something on the books for 2021.  

Kathy 

• Like 1

There was a time when clotheslines were not available in every cabin.  One one cruise, the Hotel Director took photos from the dock, of guests' laundry flapping in the breeze off balcony cabins -  after which clotheslines quickly appeared.  And were utilized : )

• Like 1

We use the free dryers available on Azamara.   I never liked hand washing items or having wet clothing hanging in the bathroom    I leave items requiring hand washing home.   This is a great difference between Celebrity and Azamara.   Passengers have washers and dryers available free of charge on Azamara.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

We use the free dryers available on Azamara.   I never liked hand washing items or having wet clothing hanging in the bathroom    I leave items requiring hand washing home.   This is a great difference between Celebrity and Azamara.   Passengers have washers and dryers available free of charge on Azamara.

I know about the washer/dryers and will wash things in the machines but there are a few things I like to hang dry and it’s just a preference for me.  I personally don’t run any of my clothes through the dryer at home.  We will also send some laundry out but I don’t want a closet full of shrunken clothes (Their dryers are super hot on sent out laundry).  I will have a tough enough time fitting into things eating too much on board.  

Edited by Skicruiser55

15 hours ago, Skicruiser55 said:

I know about the washer/dryers and will wash things in the machines but there are a few things I like to hang dry and it’s just a preference for me.  I personally don’t run any of my clothes through the dryer at home.  We will also send some laundry out but I don’t want a closet full of shrunken clothes (Their dryers are super hot on sent out laundry).  I will have a tough enough time fitting into things eating too much on board.  

I’ve never had a problem with anything I sent to the laundry.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I think it really does depend on what you send out. There are items even I wouldn't put in the laundry bag. Tee shirts, cotton shirts and shorts are ok, but I've had ship launder items and you can tell now what they've been through. 

Bottom line, I totally get why some are careful with what they send out. 

Phil 

• Like 2

For clarification - I am talking about clothes that are 100% cotton or more delicate.  I have experienced things coming back in not quite the shape they went to the laundry in. Again I am glad to hear there is a clothesline it will be helpful since we will be traveling for a month in total.  

Edited by Skicruiser55
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

We have the opposite view, would never send anything delicate or that we really valued, have had a few items spoiled and whites that were never has white again.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

We have the opposite view, would never send anything delicate or that we really valued, have had a few items spoiled and whites that were never has white again.

I don’t send anything delicate either, just T-shirts, shorts, shirts & underwear. Maybe I’ve been lucky. Mind you underwear coming back from the laundry can be a problem when you suddenly find they’ve ironed the cabin number label somewhere where it causes irritation!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I don’t send anything delicate either, just T-shirts, shorts, shirts & underwear. Maybe I’ve been lucky. Mind you underwear coming back from the laundry can be a problem when you suddenly find they’ve ironed the cabin number label somewhere where it causes irritation!

White underwear and shirts don't look to bad until compared alongside ones that have never been laundered on the ship, then the difference is obvious. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

We had the same problem with the cabin number labels on a number of T-shirts.  They're very scratchy.  When we tried to remove them, parts of the shirt fabric went with them.  I wonder what would have happened if we'd soaked them first.  

12 minutes ago, tgg said:

We had the same problem with the cabin number labels on a number of T-shirts.  They're very scratchy.  When we tried to remove them, parts of the shirt fabric went with them.  I wonder what would have happened if we'd soaked them first.  

At least it reminds you of what cabins you've been in! 😀

Phil 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

At least it reminds you of what cabins you've been in! 😀

Phil 

The other week we had a scratchy encounter with a t shirt - it was such a lovely reminder of a time gone by and we mused for some time about which cruises it was worn on and where we went to and what we saw

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, uktog said:

The other week we had a scratchy encounter with a t shirt - it was such a lovely reminder of a time gone by and we mused for some time about which cruises it was worn on and where we went to and what we saw

I'm so fed up with this covid rubbish. If I could get back on the ship and have my laundry done I'd gladly have my smalls boiled in bleach! Lol 

Phil 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I'm so fed up with this covid rubbish. If I could get back on the ship and have my laundry done I'd gladly have my smalls boiled in bleach! Lol 

Phil 

I feel the same way - I am ready to travel now wearing a mask and when this first started I thought no way on earth would I travel that way.  I had to fly cross country 3 times this summer with my 5 year old grandson and we both wore our masks - avoided people and while it was not easy it was survivable.  Honestly going forward I may wear a mask anytime I fly in the future.  Part of my booking the suite for next year is in case, heaven forbid,  we got quarantined there is a chance we’d survive it (our marriage that is).  Quarantined in a standard AZ cabin would possibly cause one of us to jump overboard (me).  

I am glad this question has brought out some activity and memories of past cruises.  The days seem long waiting to cruise again - we had to cancel the Nov 4 sailing on Quest this year.  

Here’s hoping life will soon start to return to something that resembles normal.

Kathy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skicruiser55 said:

I feel the same way - I am ready to travel now wearing a mask and when this first started I thought no way on earth would I travel that way.  I had to fly cross country 3 times this summer with my 5 year old grandson and we both wore our masks - avoided people and while it was not easy it was survivable.  Honestly going forward I may wear a mask anytime I fly in the future.  Part of my booking the suite for next year is in case, heaven forbid,  we got quarantined there is a chance we’d survive it (our marriage that is).  Quarantined in a standard AZ cabin would possibly cause one of us to jump overboard (me).  

I am glad this question has brought out some activity and memories of past cruises.  The days seem long waiting to cruise again - we had to cancel the Nov 4 sailing on Quest this year.  

Here’s hoping life will soon start to return to something that resembles normal.

Kathy

It's not the space so much for me, but having been not feeling so great on a cruise (a nasty cold on more than one occasion rather than covid) it is nice to have the butler look after you with hot tea and lemon wedges with honey. I'm very low maintenance, but this has been very welcome. 

Phil 

• Like 2

Having read the new plan for keeping ships safe, it’s not for me just now.  I totally understand the proposals to the CDC etc and some parts are part of my new normal eg wearing masks unless medically exempt (had a lovely stay at a rather smart Scottish hotel following our legal requirements to wear masks indoors in hotels, honestly hardly noticed after a while).  But other aspects such as ship only excursions, tracking down a test before I go (Can’t even get them in some parts of UK if needed for medical reasons) risk of extensive restrictions during a holiday that has cost 000s, no thanks - never mind the issue of flights or airports being as secure. I will wait, I’m desperate for a cruise, but not that desperate 

• Like 8