Does CDC have jurisdiction over NCL's Pride of America in Hawaii?

intr3pid

Most people who work on cruise ships must give their passports to the crew purser, who holds them as long as the crewmember is working onboard. When the crewmembers do go ashore, they use their crew ID card as legal ID. This system works in every country and every port on planet earth - except Maui County, Hawaii.

The local government officials there are convinced that alcohol is the devil’s tool. Anyone desiring to purchase alcohol on Maui - regardless of how old they might look - must produce a valid government-issued ID to purchase alcohol. I sailed in Hawaii from age 55 to 60, but was never able to buy a drink ashore on Maui.

14 hours ago, Donald said:

Anyone desiring to purchase alcohol on Maui - regardless of how old they might look - must produce a valid government-issued ID to purchase alcohol. I sailed in Hawaii from age 55 to 60, but was never able to buy a drink ashore on Maui.

Things have changed apparently. I've spent a lot of time there over the past 7 years and have never had to produce an ID once to purchase alcohol (nor have others with me who look much younger). 

16 hours ago, Donald said:

Anyone desiring to purchase alcohol on Maui - regardless of how old they might look - must produce a valid government-issued ID to purchase alcohol. I sailed in Hawaii from age 55 to 60, but was never able to buy a drink ashore on Maui.

Even though that was the policy at one time,  requesting an ID from everyone has not been required for many years now.