Two connecting cabins with no single supplement on Boreal

ethan1171

Hello Forum,

My spouse and I are tempted to take advantage of the no single supplement on a Feb '22 Ponant / Boreal cruise to Antartica in Feb '22 (... assuming and dreaming that by then we will back to normal for cruising) and book two prestige level connecting cabins for the same price as one cabin for two people - since there is zero single supplement offered. Is this possible? Has anyone done it before? What are we missing and what could be the drawbacks?

Thank you

18 hours ago, ethan1171 said:

Hello Forum,

My spouse and I are tempted to take advantage of the no single supplement on a Feb '22 Ponant / Boreal cruise to Antartica in Feb '22 (... assuming and dreaming that by then we will back to normal for cruising) and book two prestige level connecting cabins for the same price as one cabin for two people - since there is zero single supplement offered. Is this possible? Has anyone done it before? What are we missing and what could be the drawbacks?

Thank you

I can’t speak to the single cabin option.  However, it could be a great idea.  You will have a lot of clothes to lay out and line up to prepare for the day.  We were in one of the few forward ocean views.  We selected the cabin because it was bigger than a balcony cabin.  There was a long chaise we used for our clothes staging area.  Having a second cabin to lay out your socks, boot liners, long underwear, turtlenecks, sweaters, neck gators, scarves, gloves, foot warmers, hats.... etc would be awesome.  One cabin could serve as your staging area.  The other could be calm and free of the clutter.  Then you could both shower at the same time.

We loved our Antarctica cruise with Ponant!  It was amazing, and so was the captain,  crew, and. ship!

I think couples taking advantage of no singles supplements is very selfish and unfair. Singles (I am not) have very few opportunities to cruise without paying the supplement. Couples taking the few cabins that are available is, in my opinion, wrong but to each their own.

• Like 3