New Summer 2021 Itinerary changes

irishgal432

1 hour ago, The Grumpus said:

If they move Independence to POM, that means there will be no RCCL sailings departing Port Everglades next Summer.  Never thought I'd see the day that there are no sailings departing from P.E.  I hope SWA adds a lot of NS's to MIA next year.

I am not happy about this. Port Everglades is so easy for us to use. 

1 minute ago, ONECRUISER said:

No wasnt thinking that yet, though wondering as on her after the TA. Also on Brilliance multiple sailings both in Jun/July and Aug/Sept 

Maybe after the TA it goes to Stockholm rather then Amsterdam. I actually hope the TA disembark moves north. My wife has not been to Stockholm 

As always, I'll wait before reacting. Our JOS cruise is June 21 out of Barcelona. Big plans went around that with a car rental, driving to Belgium a few days first to visit DD, then back to Amsterdam. If this follows through, glad we have not yet bought airfare!

21 minutes ago, jholzhauser said:

I'm anxious to see how this impacts my 10 day Baltics cruise on Adventure in June of 2021 

Me too but in Aug. I had a great solo room on lower level near medical center. About 50% less than regular inside. Hate to lose this price and 2 days in St Petersburg. Did 1 day in 2018 on serenade.

I have Odyssey in July from Rome as well B2B.

Already lost April Odyssey cruise.

I do not know why they need to reshuffle ships and all those reservations. 

Losing my cool with RCI.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Well if correct, there goes 8 my Cruises...

Wow and you thought 2020 was bad.

Me thinks 2021 is gonna be a wild ride.

Lost Apr Odyssey and then a HAL cruise due to selling ship. 

I lost 10 cruises on 4 different cruiselines this year so I feel your pain.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Grumpus said:

If they move Independence to POM, that means there will be no RCCL sailings departing Port Everglades next Summer.  Never thought I'd see the day that there are no sailings departing from P.E.  I hope SWA adds a lot of NS's to MIA next year.

Oasis is out of Port Everglades and maybe that is where they are going to locate the Grandeur to do 3-4 day sailings until they move it somewhere else.  Everyone wondered where it was going home port.

6 minutes ago, Plum Happy said:

Oasis is out of Port Everglades and maybe that is where they are going to locate the Grandeur to do 3-4 day sailings until they move it somewhere else.  Everyone wondered where it was going home port.

Oasis is moving to Cape Liberty for Summer 2021.

1 hour ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Maybe after the TA it goes to Stockholm rather then Amsterdam. I actually hope the TA disembark moves north. My wife has not been to Stockholm 

i was supposed to be on the Jewel for a b2b Baltic/Norway cruise out of copenhagen this past august and was so sad there was no similar itinerary to L & S too when it got cancelled.      I am truly hoping that we can do the exact same b2b next summer, that would be awesome.  I would love to stay in Copenhagen as was planned for August.  

22 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Oasis is moving to Cape Liberty for Summer 2021.

I thought that got delayed.  They are showing up under Port Everglades for the Summer.  The terminal that they were building was postponed due to the pandemic.

Edited by Plum Happy

11 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

can someone post this announcement link?

Look at the first post in this thread....and then a few that follow to explain and how it was deleted. It could possibly have been an IT (hmmm) mistake posting it too soon...but too late many captured it....and so the cat is basically out of the bag. Look for an official post soon as it's coming but may have additional changes.

Note under the title small print "keep unread...hide"

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Initially, I was surprised to see Vision of the Seas sailing from San Juan after Royal had decided to pull the summer sailings on  Freedom of the Seas and making San Juan a seasonal port.  

But then I remembered that Carnival has officially sent Carnival Fascination to “cruise ship heaven“, leaving zero ships from any cruise line in San Juan during the summer months. Royal will own San Juan until the other cruise lines return in the fall. 

Smart move in my opinion.