New Summer 2021 Itinerary changes

irishgal432

12 hours ago, gerelmx said:

No oficial announcement, it’s a rumor?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I tend to think it was more a (big) mistake than a rumor. Someone let it slip before it was finalized and approved to be released. I'm sure the announcement is coming, just not sure if all the details we read in the leaked announcement are going to be 100% accurate.

• Like 1

Has anyone tried to login to their cruise planner for a potentially affected cruise?

I have the "reservation locked" message coming up when I try to access the cruise planner for our Jewel Iceland and Norway cruise next June. Of course there can be other reasons for this but just curious if anyone else has come across this?

14 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

Has anyone tried to login to their cruise planner for a potentially affected cruise?

I have the "reservation locked" message coming up when I try to access the cruise planner for our Jewel Iceland and Norway cruise next June. Of course there can be other reasons for this but just curious if anyone else has come across this?

I was able just now to access the Cruise Planner for our May Jewel British Isles cruise. Now that I've read about RCI's new plans for Jewel - I won't keep checking airfare for that cruise. As much as I have enjoyed our 2 Baltic cruises - Helsinki, Tallinn, and Visby aren't enough of an enticement to stick with the Jewel.

35 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

Mine are all working still for our July British Isles on Jewel. Typical that they would still let me book tours, drink packages and dining reservations for a cruise that plan to cancel

• Haha 1

The announcement (premature or mistaken) refers to 4 and 5 night cruises on AOS out of Barcelona. That’s a very unusual duration, for Europe at least. It will be very difficult to L&S to those since duration of cruise is a key criteria. Maybe that’s their reason for doing it. 

On 9/18/2020 at 8:38 AM, irishgal432 said:

Adventure on Course

Guests can vacation as planned with previously announced cruises departing as of April 2021.

Are we all understanding this to mean they are suspending all sailings until April 2021? The paragraph goes on to describe sailings on all the other ships in the fleet post April 2021. 

15 hours ago, Trixie21 said:

Just checked and Cruising Power and the public website plus Cruise Planner login pages are all "down for system maintenance".  While it is true that Royal does IT maintenance on weekend nights, it seems unusual for all of their systems to be offline.  Perhaps this maintenance includes a major change in itineraries like the short lived press release prematurely released late last week and removed form their Press Center within hours of posting.

3 hours ago, OHCruisinDad said:

Just checked and Cruising Power and the public website plus Cruise Planner login pages are all "down for system maintenance".  While it is true that Royal does IT maintenance on weekend nights, it seems unusual for all of their systems to be offline.  Perhaps this maintenance includes a major change in itineraries like the short lived press release prematurely released late last week and removed form their Press Center within hours of posting.

Was back up in couple hrs, looks like none of mine(many of ones listed above)changed

12 hours ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

I wondered about that when I read it.

No they were talking about cruise changes for summer 2021 which would be after April so they are just saying there are no changes for the other ships not mentioned after April 2021.

On 9/19/2020 at 8:59 AM, Trixie21 said:

I am not getting the reservation locked message on the cruise planner. However, the cruise we are booked on, Adventure TA Galveston to Copenhagen, no longer appears when trying to book a new reservation. 

11 minutes ago, Scottee25 said:

I am not getting the reservation locked message on the cruise planner. However, the cruise we are booked on, Adventure TA Galveston to Copenhagen, no longer appears when trying to book a new reservation. 

Strange in the Mexico site it's available for booking.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/mex/es/cruises/?country=MEX&dates_maxDate=04%2F30%2F2021&dates_minDate=03%2F01%2F2021&destinationRegionCode_T.ATL=true

image.thumb.png.2af223265763302eea47a392f088ab08.png

2 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

Yeah that is strange. I'll be really disappointed if they pull this itinerary. We had originally wanted to do Rome to Dubia but they cancelled all of those sailings. We did a Barcelona TA last year so we really don't want to do another Barcelona TA again as the next cruise. We'll wait to see what happens to this sailing as there is still no official press release on the site. 

2 hours ago, Scottee25 said:

The April Adventure Transatlantic is available to book on my online travel agency's web site. However, if it's true that Adventure will sail from Barcelona next summer - then its itinerary will be changed.

I feel for anyone who booked their airfare for the summer 2021 Europe cruises. I had been looking at airfare for Jewel's May British Isles cruise, but I stopped once I saw this thread.

11 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

The April Adventure Transatlantic is available to book on my online travel agency's web site. However, if it's true that Adventure will sail from Barcelona next summer - then its itinerary will be changed.

I feel for anyone who booked their airfare for the summer 2021 Europe cruises. I had been looking at airfare for Jewel's May British Isles cruise, but I stopped once I saw this thread.

I've booked air for my July British Isles cruise but for the first time ever I booked it with cruise air.

If this leaked / too early published announcement is correct, with Briliance replacing Rhapsody out of Venice, this will likely mean another older ship to leave the fleet and as I speculated on in a other thread here, I have a feeling that the days of the Vision Class are counted as well. For Tampa and Baltimore, the itinararies could either be discontinued or be used by Radiance Class in the future.

• Like 1

If Jewel is changing from Amsterdam to Copenhagen, I’m wondering if its TA from Galveston will go there instead of Adventure. It’s currently scheduled as a 16 night to Barcelona with a following 9 night to Amsterdam.  I’m booked on both. 

On 9/18/2020 at 7:06 PM, jholzhauser said:

I agree! I got a great price on my 6/17/21 sailing. I especially chose it for the overnight in Russia (as I’ve been before and loved it)! I hope they can still have a similar itinerary if all of these changes come to fruition.

We are booked for the July 27, 12 night ,Jewel from Amsterdam.  The biggest reason for this was the overnight in St. Pete.  We wouldn’t care if we could get a similar itinerary but leaving from Copenhagen.  The release is very vague in regards to longer cruises which is frustrating as we don’t want to fly that far for a 7 night cruise.

Im very disturbed by RCCL’s lack of attention to customer service.  They should get it together and contact those booked on affected cruises FIRST!  Not put out a vague statement, then pull it and not say which part was in error, then say we will contact those folks in three weeks.  REALLY?  Bad form RCCL.

21 minutes ago, TinkBellaMom said:

We are booked for the July 27, 12 night ,Jewel from Amsterdam.  The biggest reason for this was the overnight in St. Pete.  We wouldn’t care if we could get a similar itinerary but leaving from Copenhagen.  The release is very vague in regards to longer cruises which is frustrating as we don’t want to fly that far for a 7 night cruise.

Im very disturbed by RCCL’s lack of attention to customer service.  They should get it together and contact those booked on affected cruises FIRST!  Not put out a vague statement, then pull it and not say which part was in error, then say we will contact those folks in three weeks.  REALLY?  Bad form RCCL.

Same, I love Russia so that overnight was clutch for me. I just checked my reservation and no changes thus far. I also went to mock book the same cruise and it is still bookable. We shall see...

RCCL is posting on Adventure of the Seas a 4 day RT cruise from Galveston on 4/26/2021 and then a 7 day RT from Copenhagen on May 9 2021. This is not likely and it makes the leaked news article more believable. Surely RCCL will need to address this soon since it is obvious the schedules do not jive.    

• Like 1