Who is booked for MSC Caribbean November/December 2020 Cruises?

mamaneedsavacay

On 9/19/2020 at 4:47 PM, matondo said:

. For the past month when I have logged into the MSC website I get this pop up  "Plan my Cruise and Cruise Details sections are not available for now. You can still access your account settings and MSC Voyagers Club. Thank you!". 

I have been getting that too.

• Like 1

The protocols that CLIA submitted to the CDC yesterday to allow for cruising to begin again stated that member cruise lines would start with short cruises.  I took that to mean the 3/4 night cruises. If the CDC lifts the No Sail order, they will expect the cruise lines to abide by their protocols meaning all of us now booked on 7 night cruises in November and December (if not longer) will not be taking 7-nt cruises. 

1 hour ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

The protocols that CLIA submitted to the CDC yesterday to allow for cruising to begin again stated that member cruise lines would start with short cruises.  I took that to mean the 3/4 night cruises. If the CDC lifts the No Sail order, they will expect the cruise lines to abide by their protocols meaning all of us now booked on 7 night cruises in November and December (if not longer) will not be taking 7-nt cruises. 

In my view, 7-night cruises are short cruises.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2020 at 8:15 AM, crobinv said:

We are booked on the 11/08/20 out of Canaveral

Yes!

On 9/19/2020 at 9:49 AM, cvg42 said:

Booked with FCC: Meraviglia Aurea Balcony cabin 12/26 - 01/02 cruise.

Yay!

On 9/19/2020 at 12:13 PM, holmes96 said:

Hi, my sister and I are booked on the 11/28 Meraviglia sailing out of Miami, in the YC, and we are keeping our fingers crossed.  If sailings begin, we are getting on that ship.  🙂 I just noticed today that excursions are now available.  Exactly 4 in each port...perhaps these are the limited excursion bubbles MSC is creating?!?  It gives me hope.

I'm on 12/27 Seaside and there are 12+ for Cozumel and Costa Maya. But they are also offering a package with one in each port, so I wonder if they will require you to choose from MSC excursions and that's the deal they offer to make it sweeter. We don't mind, but would like to know the plan. 

On 9/19/2020 at 3:47 PM, matondo said:

We are paid in full for the November 1, 2020 MSC Seaside out of Port Canaveral. For the past month when I have logged into the MSC website I get this pop up  "Plan my Cruise and Cruise Details sections are not available for now. You can still access your account settings and MSC Voyagers Club. Thank you!". We are 42 days out, when do we get to start planning our cruise if it really is going to happen? Sigh

Mine did that for awhile, but now it's all available. Hope it changes for you! You would be first along with IsanTom and gavenalex so I hope you get your info soon!

On 9/20/2020 at 7:41 AM, IsanTom said:

I am booked for 11/1/20 MSC Seaside on a B2B, so still planning on sailing. Also we are booked on a B2B on Seaside in December. I'm just ready to sail anywhere. How about you?

We're trying to sail on an FCC and really wanting to make this New Year's Eve cruise. If we can't make it work, I'm going to have to get to a beach somewhere. 

On 9/20/2020 at 8:43 AM, Fla Mike said:

We are on the November 8, 2020 sailing.

I checked my booking this morning and I am able to book the ONE excursion, (Ocean Cay Snorkeling) and purchase web, drink, and dining packages.

I was able to access all the other packages before the Ocean Cay excursions became available and now I have offerings for all the ports. Maybe they are more confident about the December sailings than they were about the earlier sailings? 

On 9/20/2020 at 9:53 AM, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

We are booked on 11/7 Meraviglia (MSC changed us from the Seaside) in the Yacht Club. 

Enjoy!

On 9/20/2020 at 5:07 PM, 40yearcruiser said:

Mama... we are also on the Seaside New Years cruise, 5 of us in 2 cabins. Final payment coming up soon so we've been discussing what to do. Think we'll pay it and hope we will be able to cruise this year. 

Ah yes, Hello! I think we've commented to each other before. I'm really excited about it and hope it works, but I'm counting on our FCC to come through to our final payment. Our customer service experience has been so rotten overall since March that we just don't want to put down any new money. We're hopeful that we can get our final payment date extended while they are working on the FCC. 

On 9/20/2020 at 8:15 PM, gavenalex said:

1st be first!  First to restart MSC in NA, first to spend overnight in OC.  November 1st seaside

I hope you are! How exciting!

2 hours ago, Dogsrawesome said:

We're on the Mereviglia Nov 28-Dec 5. This will be our 6 month olds first cruise and vacation so our fingers are crossed that it will be allowed to sail. 

I'm so encouraged to see so many ready to sail! (Along with those that  posted earlier in the thread.)

It's crazy that nobody has much info about your specific cruises. I guess the next timeframe would be 20 days out when you can do Web Check-In.

No pressure to post while you are on vacation! But thanks for sharing as you get more info. 

On 9/19/2020 at 12:10 PM, Toofarfromthesea said:

I'd been monitoring airfares for quite a while and they have been pretty stable.  Normally a slowdown in flying would spark a price drop but I suspect this is different, because if people are afraid to fly, lowering the price won't have any effect.  And the airlines can't afford to further reduce their revenue by lowering prices unless that actually sparks demand.  We'll see.  Plus I bought my flights with Chase points, so it's not like it is real money.  😁

We're trying to use Airline miles. We had enough to fly five of us to Miami last March before Covid, but those same refunded miles won't get us to Orlando in December. That was spring break week, this is New Years. If mile-prices haven't moved by 6-8 weeks out, I'll bite the bullet and pay cash for one of the tickets. 

On 9/19/2020 at 4:47 PM, matondo said:

We are paid in full for the November 1, 2020 MSC Seaside out of Port Canaveral. For the past month when I have logged into the MSC website I get this pop up  "Plan my Cruise and Cruise Details sections are not available for now. You can still access your account settings and MSC Voyagers Club. Thank you!". We are 42 days out, when do we get to start planning our cruise if it really is going to happen? Sigh

I was able to book my Beverage Package without problem although it appeared they double charged me, but they didn't. I'm ready to cruise, so if the CDC doesn't take further actions, I believe we will be sailing. The cruise lines have to start sailing sometime, so now is a great time getting ready for the holidays. We all need to support the cruise lines because they have been hit pretty bad during this virus scare. See you onboard at the bars!

Edited by IsanTom

17 hours ago, MrsFops&FopsC5 said:

I read the synopsis in the USA Today and protocol stated “should” conduct short cruises not “shall”.  If the wording is correct, it appears to being left up to the cruise lines specifically.

I wonder if MSC will get any benefit or brownie points from having run some cruises in Europe with few problems by way of demonstrating the value of the measures they have taken.

25 minutes ago, matondo said:

I am not sure what to think. Tonight I was able to log in. I can now book excursions at all 3 of the ports of call. The option to check in for the cruise is available. It almost seems too good to be true. This is so crazy. 

About 40 days for you, right? Wow. Congrats! I hope you and the rest of the Nov. 1 gang are the first! If you do check-in, and don't mind, please share anything interesting you see on your papers!

On 9/18/2020 at 10:33 AM, rnjoel said:

I'm booked and paid in full for Meraviglia on Thanksgiving, November 21-28. And I'm also a TA, a very hopeful one! If the ship sails we will be on it!

Joel

On 9/18/2020 at 11:54 AM, lgdesign said:

My husband and I are booked and paid-in-full for the same cruise and are waiting, watching and wondering what will happen as the silence (aside from lots of unsubstantiated opinions) has been deafening.  Looking forward to getting reliable info. 

I'm booked on the exact same cruise. 58 days to go, according to the MSC website. Apparently I am booked in a balcony cabin on Deck 12 after paying for an interior studio. [Maybe that's why the cruises were not appearing in the booking engine? Lack of cabins.] Flight was booked then modified when MSC changed the departure day from Sunday to Saturday. The only thing I'm waiting to book is a hotel room, as I had difficulty with cancelling a hotel reservation in NYC in the earliest days of the pandemic.

I am so eager to go on this cruise. I fervently hope that the CDC gets its act together in the next couple of weeks. MSC's protocols are clearly sufficiently strict, and the RCI/NCL guidelines are essentially similar to MSC's. No reason not to go.

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser
Stateroom information
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cruiser Bruiser said:

I'm booked on the exact same cruise. 58 days to go, according to the MSC website. Apparently I am booked in a balcony cabin on Deck 12 after paying for an interior studio. [Maybe that's why the cruises were not appearing in the booking engine? Lack of cabins.] Flight was booked then modified when MSC changed the departure day from Sunday to Saturday. The only thing I'm waiting to book is a hotel room, as I had difficulty with cancelling a hotel reservation in NYC in the earliest days of the pandemic.

Nice upgrade! I hope it works out for all of you guys in November. 

I can recommend the Hilton family of hotels and the IHG family of hotels as easy to work with regarding changes/refunds. We've had to cancel/refund/change both since March 2020. Hilton, in particular, is easy to move around online if you sign up for an Honors account and they have Hampton Inn, Home2Suites, etc. in their brand family. 

Good news on my 12/27 sailing! By tomorrow it should be straightened out and I'm confident we will be able to go. I saw an email from Ken Muskat to my travel agency that they were going to make sure it's handled, and I'm now seeing the cruise under my FCC booking number instead of the dummy booking that had a full balance due. This is why I'm absolutely grateful to have a personal agent who is working her butt off for me, attached to a national travel agency brand with some MSC pull. She had to get her higher ups involved with their higher ups, but now I'm 180 degrees from the despondent person I was last night when it seemed my deposit and my cruise would be lost. Still some details to be corrected, but the cabin is secure, hallelujah! Nothing like the last minute with 4 days to go until final payment, haha. 

For the 12/27 sailing, I can see absolutely everything in regards to excursions, other advance purchases, and web check-in. So I hope you all are finding the same. Now my TA gets my paperwork, and I get nothing except what I can see online. But they do have quite a bit of generic information in the FAQ section now. Things are really moving in the right direction for us all!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruiser Bruiser said:

I am so eager to go on this cruise. I fervently hope that the CDC gets its act together in the next couple of weeks. MSC's protocols are clearly sufficiently strict, and the RCI/NCL guidelines are essentially similar to MSC's. No reason not to go.

I suggest you book your hotel.    Your NYC experience has nothing to do with any future booking in Florida.   Your making an association that simply not apply.   

Just read your cancel terms.    And book something, that you can cancel.    There are numerous hotel options.  

• Like 1

Head on over to the Nov 8th roll call for the Seaside.

I asked the same question...

On 9/18/2020 at 7:00 AM, Fla Mike said:

We are supposed to be on the Nov 8th cruise also, but I do not see it listed on the MSC site any longer.

Anyone know if it has been officially canceled?

All I know is that I just booked the Seaside for Nov. 1 to the 12 and the 7th is a sea day. It returns to Port Canaveral on the 8th and then to Nassau and then Ocean Cay. I guess it's two cruises but I booked it as one.

Edited by Fla Mike

11 hours ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

Has anyone else noticed that MSC cruises out of Port Canaveral for this November no longer appear on the MSC website nor on on-line agency websites? Did the November sailings on Seaside get cancelled?

BobK/Orlando

On the travel agent site they still appear but show as sold out. I am wondering if they stopped selling more cabins to  work on cabin allocation to ensure that they have the appropriate level of cabins set aside for isolation at this point, and ensure they have everyone booked in areas where they don't plan to have isolation?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, slei15 said:

On the travel agent site they still appear but show as sold out. I am wondering if they stopped selling more cabins to  work on cabin allocation to ensure that they have the appropriate level of cabins set aside for isolation at this point, and ensure they have everyone booked in areas where they don't plan to have isolation?

OK, that's a possibility and makes sense. I am so hoping CDC ends the No Sail order and allows cruises to begin again in November!  We should know pretty soon. Thanks for checking.