Princess Ships Sold

trbarton

I learned today from Shiplife on YouTube that 2 Princess ships have been sold. No mentioned from Princess as to who they were sold to or when they will be leaving Princess. Below is what was just posted. 

image.thumb.jpeg.9b2b43cba068c419f41111a18b22bd80.jpeg

This is a copy from Princess. Interesting as you can still book cruises on these 2 ships. 

Tom😎

• Haha 1

Sun princess was sold to the Japan non-profit organisation called Peace Boat.

It will be renamed Pacific World.

The future of Sea Princess is unknown.

emails have already been sent to travel agents saying that the company has sold both ships and both will soon be leaving the fleet.

passengers currently booked on future sailings will receive separate emails about the cancellation.

• Like 1

So yet another cruise has been canceled for us.  Luckily this time we only have our FCDs on this ship which will most likely be returned to our list of available FCD.  This keeps up and we will have quite a few FCD to book another cruise that may or may not be canceled.  Perhaps time to sit back and wait for the fallout before signing up for any new cruises.  Sad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drsel said:
4 hours ago, Travelnplane said:
It is said in that article they „will soon be leaving the fleet“. I cannot imagine them returning to service. 

Do you mean that they will be sold in 2020 itself?

Most likely, they'll gonna need the cash for their survival

Michael

• Like 1

3 hours ago, disneyochem said:

Oh bother, another canceled cruise—maybe?  We’re scheduled to sail out of LA to Alaska on the Sun in July 2021.  Hopefully, Princess will deploy another ship for this market!

I contacted our Princess Cruise Planner. He said our August Sun cruise is still on.  If not, then curiously, the Crown Princess is not scheduled for April through September and was refurbished recently, 2018. One way or another, It should be OK. I hope!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

I contacted our Princess Cruise Planner. He said our August Sun cruise is still on.  If not, then curiously, the Crown Princess is not scheduled for April through September and was refurbished recently, 2018. One way or another, It should be OK. I hope!

Here's what I'm wondering.  In late August / early September, Sky took over the Crown's April - September cruises. Cruisers moved over and now the Crown is empty and I cannot find where it's going. Was the plan to shift the Sun's passengers to the Crown? Is that why my TA was canceled? (Comped 200 OBC) Crown's last March & first October trips are Panama Canal cruises but NOTHING between those 2. 

24 minutes ago, CRUZBUDS said:

not much of one, Peace Boat has already announced their "new" ship will sail in spring of 2021

Agreed,  it would an unnecessary expense to reactivate a ship to sell it off. Let the buyer do that 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

We were on the Crown early this year. She was having generator problems. Could not go at full speed. We missed  several ports. Got lots of OBC. I would hope that the problem has been repaired during this mess. I don't know how the slower ship would due with the long sail from LA to Alaska.

I've liked every ship I've been on (inc Sea) except the previous Regal (now POAU Dawn and retired / sold / gone from CCL this year). Ship layout was fine but it leaked horribly. Sea had a great promenade 

16 hours ago, paul929207 said:

We were on the Crown early this year. She was having generator problems. Could not go at full speed. We missed  several ports. Got lots of OBC. I would hope that the problem has been repaired during this mess. I don't know how the slower ship would due with the long sail from LA to Alaska.

We were on the same voyages, 3 of them. The chief tech officer mentioned to me that all the parts were on board and repairs were ongoing. Expected completion during the March 6th cruise which was their last. Hopefully completed by now with all the down time.

2 hours ago, gmjc2 said:

Other than the Japanese buyer, who is going to buy all these ships? 18 from Carnival group plus other cruise lins are also selling of ships?

Well 17 are gone. 5 to scrap with 4 already being dismantled, 12 to other lines. Several have already listed them as available for bookings. 

Gone not transferred within CCL:
Costa Atlantica -> CSSC Carnival Cruise Shipping (60% Chinese stockholders)
Costa Mediterranea -> CSSC Carnival Cruise Shipping (60% Chinese stockholders)
Costa neoRomantica -> Celestyal Cruises - renamed Experience 
HAL Amsterdam -> Fred Olsen - renamed Bolette
HAL Rotterdam -> Fred Olsen - renamed Borealis
P&O Oceana -> now Queen of the Oceans for Seajets
Sun Princess > Peace ships to replace Ocean Dream & The Zenith

Scrapped: 
Costa Victoria 
Carnival Fantasy
Carnival Inspiration 
Carnival Fascination 
Carnival Imagination 

Announced but buyer unknown:

HAL Maasdam -> buyer unannounced
HAL Veendam -> buyer unannounced

P&O Aus Pacific Aria -> 
P&O Aus Pacific Dawn -> 
Sea Princess > 

WHO'S #18??

Edited by Ombud

2 hours ago, gmjc2 said:

Is any one else finding that they have to sign in every time they try to read the posts?. It happens even when I link to a post from an e.mail CC sends to me!!!

It's 50-50 for me when trying to open up a roll call link in an email even though I have already posted on that roll call.  Haven't seen this mentioned by anyone (but you) so figured it was  just my computer being stubborn.

• Like 2