when are the restrictions being announced ?

dalliowner

With  cruising due to start soon , when are they going to announce under what restriction , ie are mask going to be compulsory and where, will you have to have a negative test result  and how near the sailing date, will only Seabourn trips be allowed at visited ports  Etc Etc Etc. If we are to book a new cruise we need to know these things.

One would expect that SB would inform us once they themselves know about the new protocols and procedures.  Meanwhile, you can always read about the new protocols on the few cruises which have restarted, as a point of reference.  In any case, there are still so many unknowns and variables, things will continue to evolve. 

Unless and until there will be a super effective - and cost effective - vaccine, along with wide distribution and high adoption, you can expect things to change from your time to booking to embarkation and perhaps even during your voyage.  If you cannot tolerate changes or having to adapt to new measures, cruising may not be the best option.

Edited by sfvoyage
  • Like 1

i read through the RCCL etc... document on restrictions - i suspect carnival (seabourn) will be similar. in my opinion i think it's a mistake to put in place all of these artificial measures which won't have any effect. (masks etc...)  the unfortunate reality is that elderly people and people with certain pre-existing conditions need to be very careful - the measures being proposed are not going to stop this virus from spreading on a ship. all these measures do is to potentially give people who are vulnerable a false sense of security and effectively put them in danger. 

younger healthier passengers and especially the young healthy crew are going to be fine - likely have extremely mild or no symptoms and we need them to have immunity - that is nature's (and the only) solution to this problem. the good news is that heroic efforts have been made to develop vaccines faster than anyone thought possible and hopefully they will give us that immunity more quickly. 

i think all of these proposed measures are just theatre and would not only ruin the cruising experience for most - but could possibly do more harm than good. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Seas_The_Day said:

in my opinion i think it's a mistake to put in place all of these artificial measures which won't have any effect. (masks etc...) 

i think all of these proposed measures are just theatre and would not only ruin the cruising experience for most - but could possibly do more harm than good. 

If your opinion is true and these are just “artificial measures which won’t have any effect”, I wonder then what can be credited with  MSC’s ability to successfully operate cruises in the Mediterranean without any cases of infection so far. If it’s not this multilayered approach (masks, distancing, swab tests, excursions), then what is it? 

• Like 3

On 9/22/2020 at 10:57 AM, Tapi said:

If your opinion is true and these are just “artificial measures which won’t have any effect”, I wonder then what can be credited with  MSC’s ability to successfully operate cruises in the Mediterranean without any cases of infection so far. If it’s not this multilayered approach (masks, distancing, swab tests, excursions), then what is it? 

Based on the best knowledge from medical and scientific experts, in the absence of an effective vaccine, the proper wearing of a proper mask (i.e. not just a bandana, and not just covering your mouth and not your nose, etc.) is an important and effective preventative measure in our fight against Covid-19 to-date.

Also, it is a myth that young people are mostly immune or spared.  In fact, the infection rate amongst younger people is rising, and, while they have a stronger immune system and fewer pre-existing conditions, they are also suffering from the ravages of this pandemic, including death.

It is sad that there is much confusion and ignorance, fake news, science-deniers and selfishness out there.  We need to continue to listen to the real experts - not politicians with their own nefarious agendas - and monitor the ever-evolving news and discoveries on this front to fight this together, as a global community.  Nobody is immune.

• Like 5