The Daily for Saturday Sep 19, 2020

richwmn

16 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

We’re planning on having ours painted soon as they are checking. Badly. Would so love to get a new set, but they are an odd size and the original builder installed them in such a way that it would take a lot of cutting and rebuilding, and an obscene price tag. 

Tioga, If your doors still have good bones you can do what we did. There is a company here called Designer Doors of Austin.

Since our home is brand new I did not want to replace it. So the door company came and measured our door. Made the insert (took 6 weeks due to Covid), came back and took the door off the hinges, cut out the door and put the glass in. Rehung it in 40 minutes. The total price for our remake was $1400. Our door size is 36 x 80 and cut out is 25 x 66. It is beveled and tempered glass. Hope that helps on a decision. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all!  The meal and drink of the day sound great, I'll pass on anything butterscotch though!  

It's starting to feel like our typical early fall, cool/foggy mornings and warm afternoons.  Leaves are falling like crazy but I'm still getting a few tomatoes off the plants.  We're finally getting some much-needed rain, hopefully it will help rid the air of some smoke.

Joy I LOVE your new door!  Thank you Rich and Roy and everyone who contributes to this thread.  Stay healthy!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

So our door is all clear glass. The blue you see is our sunrise this morning.

0919200657b.jpg

🌺Dear sis your door is stunning!! Love the etched glass and decor!! I am glad your ok with the stumble and no fractures. Yes we still have Paisley and she’ll go back to mommy on Monday!

🌺Ann thank you for keeping me in the loop with the twins! All I see around our place is a skunk 🦨 on occasion.

Here is a picture from our walk last night at sunset!! There were a lot of people down at our beach especially because it has been so warm! 
❤️I AM SO SADDENED BY THE DEATH OF

JUSTICE RBG!! I LOST ONE OF MY MANY 

HEROS😞 

Love to all!

Denise😞

image.jpeg.aef27667681920a6804d4642f930313b.jpeg

• Like 12

4 hours ago, richwmn said:

today is International Talk Like A Pirate Day, National Butterscotch Pudding Day, and International Coastal Cleanup Day 

Meal suggestion for today - Grilled Basil Chicken and Tomatoes

Men take only their needs into consideration -- never their abilities.
        -- Napoleon Bonaparte

Drink of the Day - Frozen Mango Margarita

Wine of the day - Snowden Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley Brothers Vineyard vintage 2016

At Sea Atlantic
Westerdam destination Southampton, Great Britain eta 9/23

At Sea Caribbean
Oosterdam destination Willemstad eta 9/27

At Sea Mediterranean Sea
Zuiderdam destination Marsaxlokk Malta eta 9/21

Balboa Panama Anchorage
Koningsdam

Limassol Cyprus
Noordam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Volendam
Zaandam

Willemstad
Eurodam
Nieuw Amsterdam

0919World.png

Thanks for the Daily report.   It will be 20 years tomorrow since I joined the Cruise Critic. I used to post once a week in those days but my how that has changed.

• Like 9

Had a water break in my line from the pump to the cabin two days ago. Called and tried to get a plumber but I spoke to one who explained that he was over 70 and working six days a week so he might be able to help me in a few weeks. There just isn’t enough young plumbers coming into the field as there are old ones retiring. Add with all the new construction and damaged homes due to the fires even the old guys can’t retire because of the need. But he didn’t charge me to come look. My son drove the 200 miles, brought the grandkids and their on line homework down and worked on it. It required digging down below the freeze level and working lying on the ground with your head below the ground level. All is fixed (I hope) and they have gone home. 

The meal suggestion sounds good and the drink would be nice to try sitting in the crows nest.  The door looks wonderful. Thanks Rich. And hi to everyone. 

• Like 9

Cool here in the mornings..... but the days warm up nicely. I need to do some yard work later. Our trees are turning. One of my favorites in the neighborhood, a red maple, has a real splash of color this morning. I love my early morning walks with the dogs at this time of year.... especially when the bears aren't hanging around. This year we have had very little bear activity.

I started the day (after dog walks) with a 45 minute wait, in my car, in the line to drop off hazardous waste. City does a free collection  once a year and today was the day. My storage shed is lighter of various expired cans, paint, and some very old lamp oil. I feel like the day is already a success.

Susan

• Like 8

A pirate walks into a bar and the bartender says, "Hey, I haven't seen you in a while. What happened, you look terrible!"

"Arrh – Not at ‘tall." the pirate replies, "I be fine." The bartender says, "But what about that wooden leg? You didn't have that before."

"Arrh!," says the pirate, "We were in a battle at sea and a cannon ball hit me leg. But the surgeon fixed me up, and I be fine, really."

"Yeah," says the bartender, "But what about that hook? Last time I saw you, you had both hands."

"Aye," says the pirate, "We were in another battle and we boarded the enemy ship. I was in a sword fight and me hand was cut off. But the surgeon fixed me up with this hook, and I be feeling great, really."

"Oh," says the bartender, "What about that eye patch? Last time you were in here you had both eyes."
"Arrh," says the pirate, "One day when I was swabbing me deck, some gulls were flying over the ship. I looked up, and one of them--arrgh, he, pooped--in me eye."

"So?" replied the bartender, "what happened? You couldn't have lost an eye just from that!"

"Well," says the pirate, "'Twas me first day with me hook

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Good morning all and thanks to the daily visitors who keep this thread going and to those who research for us and keep lists.  Wow, frozen mango margarita, my kind of drink!  The menu suggestion sounds yummy.  Hats off to those who are doing coastal clean up today and to all the pirates who are celebrating.  Butterscotch is a favourite flavour and I wish we hadn't lost my grandmothers recipe for her mile high B pie.  Even though it is cool here, I was able to sit our for a while and soak up some warm rays.  Have a great day and to those under the weather, my best for your recovery.    

997EF8B6-F48C-4A20-AEC1-D1CDE8CB0C6A.jpeg

642C6082-65CB-4862-B92F-2B9E7611924B.jpeg

128E525D-1374-4668-B4F4-51EE6C9913C3.jpeg

3E903809-A753-458C-BBE5-8C21E04F7746.jpeg

BD2FE489-099C-4070-8DDC-B9DFC9D03B4E.jpeg

FE46237F-CF65-4484-A802-0769996D4C2A.jpeg

• Like 10

Good morning and thanks to Rich, Roy and all who make this a fun place!   Mango margaritas sounds great!  Busy cleaning up and found some interesting old photos of my mother.  My granddaughter loves pirates!  As long as I don’t meet real life ones!  

Joy, love the door, and what a great option!  

My view last last year and this.  

image.thumb.jpeg.8fe12778baa7530943ad6085304ce678.jpeg

0217F556-1E11-4E3C-A298-A5EE754B2E80.jpeg

• Like 9

Good afternoon all. Enjoying this thread as always. I don’t post much but I am here every day. Fall has come to Essex county Ontario. Just finished a 20 km bike ride on one of our trails and the trees are turning and the weather is absolutely perfect today. I love fall but not the winter that follows. Sadly we will probably be spending it here at home rather than in Florida or on a cruise. Have a great weekend all.

PS i volunteer to take any unwanted butterscotch pudding.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

One year ago today we renewed our vows with the wonderful Captain O'Driscoll on the lovely Nieuw Statendam. It was the week of our 50th anniversary, and one other couple was also celebrating their 50th and renewing their vows.  

Scan_20200919.jpg

Congratulations to you and Henry, Carolyn.   May the next 50 be just as good as the first 50.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

One year ago today we renewed our vows with the wonderful Captain O'Driscoll on the lovely Nieuw Statendam. It was the week of our 50th anniversary, and one other couple was also celebrating their 50th and renewing their vows.  

Scan_20200919.jpg

Happy Anniversary!   Happy 51st!

• Like 2

Good evening from a cool New jersey, although it turned out to be a beautiful day. Last year, this date, we were onboard the Zuiderdam out of Quebec celebrating our 60th anniversary. The world is very different today than it was a year ago, but we're celebrating tomorrow night at a very special land restaurant on the Grounds For Sculpture , a really romantic and beautiful place with a Monet garden. Wish we were on a ship though.

Edited by mamaofami
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Scan_20200919.jpg

Congratulations on your 51st anniversary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the Daily Rich. Thank you for the Care list and Celebration list Roy. 

Love all the Pirate 🏴‍☠️ jokes. Meal suggestion sounds great but we need to eat up some leftovers. Butterscotch pudding reminds me of my childhood. Mom made pudding all the time. 

We’ve been busy the past few days. Hope everyone is well. Joy your door is beautiful. Sorry about your fall. Jacqui shingles are miserable, get better fast. I could only tolerate the first shingles shot, I had a horrible reaction so never got the follow up shot. 

Have a great evening everyone!

• Like 3