Wait listed for Cruises

Lovestotravel81

Hi, just wondered if anyone on here had an experience of being waitlisted for a cruise, we were booked on the Britannia over Christmas which is now obviously cancelled and wanted to transfer to the same cruise next year but there is no cabin availability at the moment so our onky option is to be waitlisted for it. Just wondered if anyone could has done this before and got on and what the times scales could be for P and O letting us know if there is availability. Thank you 

Cabins can become available at any point but usually just after final payment is due, or in final two weeks before sailing.

The revenue management teams do review the waitlists. If you are on an inside wait list and both inside and outside are sold out, they may upgrade for free or a fee someone from outside to balcony then someone else inside to outside thus freeing up a cabin for you. In this scenario they are limited by those who are willing to be upgraded.

Where P&O can accommodate, they do try.

Do also remember that for higher grade cabins, there maybe people on the wait list who are booked in lesser grade cabins. If someone in a suite cancels this can cause a whole stream of cabin adjustments.

This is the same wait list and additions are done in order of being put on - no other priority.

• Like 1

I should have said in my first example, they will work through the balcony waitlist first for those who are willing to pay, before trying to flog upgrades, before offering them for free, in order to release spare lower grade cabins.

Final hint. If you want a suite but would still go in a balcony and both are waitlisted - get put on both lists. They are processed separately.

You could get a balcony room and still stay on the suite waitless. Getting upgraded again in this scenario is not unheard of.

• Like 1

Thank you this is great information makes sense,  I suspected it may not be looked at until the final pay date has passed. 

We are trying to book a cabin for 4 which are all waitlisted at all grades for both Christmas cruises on Britannia and Azura for next next I have asked to be put on waitlists for both. The very nice advisor I spoke today said there were not that many of the list so fingers crossed something will become available as my parents can get a cabin no problem just not us.