How to add a "going" flight ease flight.

Woofbite

I booked a return flight for an April 2021 transatlantic cruise but was unsure about going to the ship in Ft. Lauderdale. 

When I go to the flight ease booking area on the HAL website there doesn't seem to be a way to add that flight.

Anybody experienced this issue?  I called HAL but they are closed.

Edited by Woofbite
typo

I booked ‘round trip’ on flight ease.  DFW to Sydney Australia. After trans pacific  20 + days later Seattle to DFW but have no experience at making 2 different bookings.  Not sure you can.  You may have to go back in and book as round trip from different points.  Others maybe able to help.   .  .

You will need to do one of two things - either cancel the one way and rebook as a round trip (it will automatically import the right airports for each direction) or call HAL and have the agent contact the air department to book a separate one-way (this can be frustrating to accomplish).  

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 1

Are you near a Southwest hub?  Two years ago I used Flight Ease to return from Venice after a TA. The price was very reasonable for a one-way from Europe, a little over $300.  But, when I checked into the domestic on Flight Ease from BWI to Ft Lauderdale it was close to $400 whereas on Southwest it was $99.

• Like 1

I could save about a hundred dollars with a non-refundable but changable domestic first class fare booked direct on UA paying today. 

I think I'd rather have the fully refundable one in case the cruise cancels plus I don't pay for it until mid-January.

Regarding the question of adding another flight, the current online system does not allow you to do that unless you cancel your current reservation and start over again.  The problem with that approach is that you may or may not be able to again get back the currently booked flight and/or the price might change.  So what to do?   Call the cruise line, even if you have made your reservation through a cruise agency.  The cruise line staff will deal with you if it involves air.  Explain your situation and that you simply want to add additional flights to your current booking.  The cruise line's staff can do that or they may opt to transfer you to the Flight Ease folks (actually a contractor that handles multiple lines including HAL, Seabourn and Princess) who can also add to the existing reservation.  

Hank