Worrying developments with virus

9 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Covid 19 coronavirus: Unusually long virus incubation period rare but possible, expert saysĀ 
https://nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12366403
Ā 

A person who proved negative in quarantine twice Ā , has proved positive after he returned home.Ā 

Ā 

Interesting. Of course the tests are not fool-proof and are said to have an accuracy of around 70% which allows for the possibility of one or two false negatives in quarantine. I think the idea of limiting people to their own household for a week after leaving quarantine is a great one, just to be more sure.

13 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I feel that a worrying aspect for the world, is the fair number of people who survive the virus, but are left with debilitating symptoms for the rest of their lives.

Exactly. And the Covidiots who rant and rave about restrictions and mask wearing are too dumb to understand that.

• Like 1

Did you see where they are nine infected crew on bulk ore carrier off Port Headland? Ā Half crew have been taken off the ship and placed in hotel quarantine. Ā WA Auths are isolating the remaining crew on ship and doing a clean. Ā The ship came from the Phillipines. Ā There is also currently an infected crew member off the coast of Qld. Ā The crew on ships seems to remain the weak link in trying to control the virus.

56 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Anyone coming in from overseas seems to be a risk, hence the reason only nationals returning and trade are the only incoming people. Tourism will be off for years.

When you see the current second wave outbreaks overseas, it is not surprising the numbers of infected crewĀ arriving on cargo ships, as well as Aussies arriving home from overseas.Ā Ā 

Australia and NZ are so lucky we are island nations in the Southern Hemisphere.

Ā 

56 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Ā 

Ā h

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Anyone coming in from overseas seems to be a risk, hence the reason only nationals returning and trade are the only incoming people. Tourism will be off for years.

I tend to agree, forget about 20121 and maybe even 2022.

7 minutes ago, NSWP said:

16,000 positive cases in France yesterday, according to the media.

Ā 

it was only the other week it was only 10,000 per day....... it is like Australia having 3400 cases per day...... we certainly are lucky.... hope we can stay this way...

Ā 

The more time that pasts....

the more one wonders if things we ever return to the good old days..

Ā 

time for a second cuppaĀ  Ā Don

44 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

There is always a balance between what is an acceptable death count and community safety, but this is getting ridiculous, if it were our children dying, controls would be much stricter.

I have a couple of very elderly Aunts and a half sister in England, Mic. They don't want to talk aboutĀ Covid, like it never happened and is not happening.Ā  Ā Stupid attitude.Ā Many Brits have the same attitude, treating Covid as a non event and hoping it will magically all go away, wrong !!Ā  watch some of the bbc news broadcasts and you tube docos.Ā  A UK Govt Minister said that 100,000 positive cases across the UK per day is possible.

26 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I have a couple of very elderly Aunts and a half sister in England, Mic. They don't want to talk aboutĀ Covid, like it never happened and is not happening.Ā  Ā Stupid attitude.Ā Many Brits have the same attitude, treating Covid as a non event and hoping it will magically all go away, wrong !!Ā  watch some of the bbc news broadcasts and you tube docos.Ā  A UK Govt Minister said that 100,000 positive cases across the UK per day is possible.

Unbelievable except it is happening.

Just now, MicCanberra said:

Unbelievable except it is happening.

Ā 

Just read that a member of a government health task force predicts 100 deaths per day in UK within two to three weeks time. Indicative death rate of 0.8% which is pretty high especially in light of such huge numbers of cases of infection. Boris under fire.

It's getting close to a year since I was in South Beach Miami post MSC cruise. Would not want to be anywhere near there now, especially after the governor's recent comments. Feel nice and safe right where I am.

It may be time again to check on my cousin in London to see how he and his family are getting.

Edited by lyndarra
grammar

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

Feel nice and safe right where I am.

Numbers are going down in VIC. NSW is on the right track with only 1 local transmission in the last few days. Australians are mostly onboard with the messages we are getting to live with the virus until a vaccine or treatment arrives. šŸ˜·