Volendam
Zaandam

Willemstad
Eurodam
Nieuw Amsterdam

0920World.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for the daily, Rich.  Pepperoni Pizza and the Chicken Vegetable Kabobs both sound nice but not on my menu.  I hope the punch is what you drink and not the other kind.  So true on the quote.

Today’s care list:

Mrs Vmax

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

Those still affected by smoke and wildfires

Kazu with shingles-

The Gulf Coast and Georgia after Sally

Those in the path of Teddy

Texas with Beta approaching

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Front line health workers

Himself and my healing (I normally sleep about half the night on each side.  For 2 nights I was unable to sleep on the left side but did last night.  Still a bit sensitive but mostly ok now)

Mask makers

51 years for Cruising-along

61 years for MamaofAmy

Start of clearing in the Northwest and British Columbia

College football–may it be done safely

Rosh Hashanah

People banding together to deliver a special chair from Baltimore to Syracuse

and memories of the four ships leaving the fleet

Roy

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Roy thank you for our lists!

Morning Dailyites & my Sisters. Hope all are well.  Winds are really gusting here this morning. Thank goodness it wasn’t like this yesterday- it would have made the coastal cleanup too challenging.  More rain in store for us today. 

Interesting Day combo! Love the quote & the meal suggestion.  I have actually heard of today’s drink!

Prayers for all who need our support.

Cheers to all who are celebrating.

Stay well everyone!

This Pinot Noir sounds perfect for me -except for the hefty price - $79. All vintages are highly rated, so you might find a cheaper price for one of them. Sorry Joy, we seem to be on a red streak right now.

#83 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2017

The nose sets aromas of black and red fruits against a woody and smoky base. The same greedy, fruity flavors are found on the palate. This wine is well structured with beautiful volume and velvety tannins. All the elements blend together harmoniously giving a silky and hearty wine.

WS93
Wine Spectator
Ripe and pure, featuring cherry, blackberry, raspberry, mineral and light toast notes. Balanced and intense, playing out on the long, mouthwatering finish. Best from 2019 through 2032.
  • Like 11

Good morning Dailyites.

Love the Daily Report.

That quote is so true, I need to remember it more often.

Pepperoni pizza sounds great, but not for us tonight.  Chicken and veggie kabobs may be arranged.  We'll probably have a glass or two of pinot grigio with dinner.

It's cool here this morning, but no frost.  The dog and I had a good walk.

Praying to heal our world.

Cheers to all celebrating.

Stay safe.

• Like 9

Both my attempts at circling the globe on land continuously have ended in pandemics but I have been completely around the world in segments.  My final link was Shanghai to Hong Kong which I completed on board MS Amsterdam.  I tot to that cruise on Amtrak and started on September 20.  This is the sun setting over the New River:

dusk20.jpg

Roy

• Like 15

Foot In Mouth New Year Joke Card #Ad , #ad, #Mouth, #Foot, #Year, #Card |  New year jokes, New year greeting cards, Funny new year

Good morning Rich. Thank you for our Daily. Our ships sure look lonely out there.

Good morning sisters Denise and Ann. Ann I hope the storms ease up for you. Roy and Jacqui I hope you are both feeling better.

Happy Birthday to Tucker!

Looks like Beta will bring Texas lots of rain. We are expecting 3 to 5 inches in the next day or so.

Pizza sounds good. Maybe a garden salad or a caprese. Thank you for the suggestion.

Daily-ites, you are in my prayers this morning. I hope everyone enjoys this blessed day. Stay well. Love ya'll!

• Like 13
  • Haha 2

Good morning Rich, Roy, and all the Sunday daily-ites.

Not a fan of pepperoni on my pizza.  The kabobs sound good.

The quote is so true and more people need to follow it.

Banana Daiquiri:

Into a blender add:

1 banana

1/2 cup coconut milk

1/2 of the lime juice

1/4 cup of the sugar

3 cups of ice

and add 2 ounces of rum if desired.

Blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour into 2 tall glasses.

Prayers and congratulations where needed.  Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

• Like 9

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  A great saying for today - because sometimes my mouth gets going ahead of my brain. . .   DH ordered a banana daiquiri a few years ago, tasted it and said "You know what I don't like about this banana daiquiri?  The banana."  I ended up drinking it.

Great suggestion for dinner tonight; we both love pepperoni pizza and I've got lots of fresh tomatoes for a side salad of marinated tomatoes and onions.  And wine.

I have a question for you - I see hurricane Beta is mentioned; whatever happened to Alpha?  Where did it go?  I seem to have missed hearing about that one.   We're so grateful to be living on the "frozen tundra" where we never have to deal with that type of weather event.  Right now we're got full-on fall, and it looks like every night Mother Nature gets out and paints another tree.  I'll take a few pics today and post them for you to see.

Prayers for everyone who needs them, and even for those who don't think they do.  Cheers and raising of the wineglass to all on the celebration list.  Be safe, stay well!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

I have a question for you - I see hurricane Beta is mentioned; whatever happened to Alpha?  Where did it go? 

Here  is what a quick search turned up

Alpha was about 120 miles north-northeast of Lisbon, Portugal, with winds up to 45 mph as it moved northeast at 17 mph. Although it made landfall in Portugal Friday, forecasters expect it to dissipate Saturday.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Alpha was about 120 miles north-northeast of Lisbon, Portugal, with winds up to 45 mph as it moved northeast at 17 mph. Although it made landfall in Portugal Friday, forecasters expect it to dissipate Saturday.

Thank you; I'm sorry, I haven't had enough of my morning coffee yet - I could have looked that one up myself, couldn't I?  *shakes head* 

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

I have a question for you - I see hurricane Beta is mentioned; whatever happened to Alpha? 

16 minutes ago, richwmn said:

There's a forum under Cruise Critic's 'Cruise Discussion Topics' group called 'Hurricane Zone' where Pelican Bill provides regular updates.

Roy

• Like 3

Good morning all!

I may not post frequently but am a regular reader...what an uplifting page to read each day!

Thanks Rich for the locations of our beautiful ships. Thanks Roy for the care and celebration lists. Thanks everyone for the beautiful pictures! 

I've been searching through my cruise photos, and finally found a sunset photo from this date to share (sorry haven't found any sunrises, I'm not usually up that early!).  This was from our 2010 Canada/New England cruise on the Eurodam. We spent the night in Charlottetown to avoid Hurricane Igor....and then when we left the next day we ran into a secondary low with HUGE waves and wind...in fact, I was in the Crow's Nest and a wave broke onto the windows up there! 

Have a beautiful and safe day!

Laura

DSCN4056.JPG

• Like 17

3 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning, thanks for the daily report.  I like today’s quote.  Chicken is on the menu for today.  Today we celebrate A birthday.  Tucker turns 9.  He is such a handsome boy. 

AD4522FC-FC89-46BB-BFF4-9D70D968320A.jpeg

Aw, what a sweet kitty.  Happy Birthday Tucker!  I also am "Crazy for cats" but have been cat-less for the first time in my life for about 9 years now.  Our last kitty passed at 17, I had raised her with a bottle (abandoned at the age of about 2 weeks).  She was deeply attached to me her whole life.  By the time I was ready to get another, we'd retired and wanted to travel more, so....but I love on every neighborhood cat and my grand-kitties.  😄

Thank you Rich and Roy, and Joy I love the joke today -- made me LOL!!  

• Like 7