Michael Bayley vs. The CDC

Auntiemomo

The RFI states "Interested persons or organizations are invited to participate by submitting comments specifically on the following questions related to planning and infrastructure, resumption of passenger operations, and summary questions raised in this document:"

Key statement - participate by submitting comments specifically on the following questions

Any rambling manifestos beyond the scope of the RFI questions should be ignored.

• Like 5

Several seem to have forgotten the rules here are no politics. 

Good thread being ruined. It's important to some of us cruises resume and the news about a organization trying to sway the cdc to me is important. 

Heres where I heard it, dont know how to link. 

20200920_131246.jpg

Edited by firefly333

37 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

Well  really hope that the there are smart enough people sitting at the CDC that can filter out such comments of people not in favor of crusing (environmentalists etc) that use this option to manipulate the original cause.

If the anti cruise groups are smart, and they are teaching their minions what to say, they can attack the industry without tipping their hand. 

3 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

What they listen to is the squeaky wheels , "Science" is just a opinion of some one with a PHD that wrote a paper that was appraised by their peer's and most have never worked a day in a real world .:classic_rolleyes:

Is it safe to assume that you will not be first in line for a vaccine?  There will be a great deal of “science” involved in its development. Those irresponsible PhD’s!😏

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, RonPaula said:

Is it safe to assume that you will not be first in line for a vaccine?  There will be a great deal of “science” involved in its development. Those irresponsible PhD’s!😏

It is safe to assume that you believe that C- 19 origin is a " wet market " ? Why is it not epizootic ? 

32 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

What they listen to is the squeaky wheels , "Science" is just a opinion of some one with a PHD that wrote a paper that was appraised by their peer's and most have never worked a day in a real world .:classic_rolleyes:

No, science is a field of professional study.  And some of my favorite scientists invented or discovered life saving techniques, procedures, medicines and vaccines.  Whether the CDC listens to the scientists remain to be seen. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hogbay said:

I agree that the CDC shouldn't be swayed by people trying to highjack a feedback forum, but your hyperbole on science is just a wee bit into the whack-a-mole club don't you think.  Almost everything you enjoy in the modern world has been the result of the research and work of scientists and engineers.  Let's stay on topic.

• Like 1

Chemical companies that pollute our drinking water. Plastic usage that pollutes our oceans. Fossil Fuels that pollute our air. Chemically poisoned and genetically engineered foods we eat. When do we stand up against these corporate lobbyists and demand safer, cleaner and more sustainable methods?  When do we demand a better way of living? I would like to live in a world with safe food, clean air, safe drinking water and preserved oceans.

Edited by flyguyjake
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Clearly you don’t understand application of scientific research. Perhaps you should take the time to research and understand something before you make offensive comments.

Hope you appreciate antibiotics, wifi, clean drinking water, biodiversity, weather reports etc etc.

All applied science. 

(and yes I am a scientist who has devoted my career to the understanding and on-ground rehabilitation of Australia’s natural environment)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, flyguyjake said:

The cruise industry has no one to blame but themselves for any negative publicity when it comes to dumping in the oceans and or the Diamond Princess fiasco. Yes I'm loyal to Royal, but come on, dumping in the oceans? We can be and should be better than this.

agreed

5 hours ago, lazydayz said:

No, science is a field of professional study.  And some of my favorite scientists invented or discovered life saving techniques, procedures, medicines and vaccines.  Whether the CDC listens to the scientists remain to be seen. 

I have no issues with "Science" per se, but with regard to COVID, science seems to be the best Guesstimate at the time.  It fluctuates from week to week.  I'm tired of hearing "we need to follow the science."    Pretty soon I'm hoping they will figure it out.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flyguyjake said:

The cruise industry has no one to blame but themselves for any negative publicity when it comes to dumping in the oceans and or the Diamond Princess fiasco. Yes I'm loyal to Royal, but come on, dumping in the oceans? We can be and should be better than this.

Cruise ships make up a very small percentage of all ships at sea.    To blame the cruise industry alone is an interesting viewpoint.   But, what I find funny about dumping waste is that there are any number of sea life dumping their own waste.  The Ocean does a pretty good job of dealing with organic waste.  

When my DH was on active duty in the Navy and was in the Med, they came across multiple animal carcasses that had been dumped off of ships that were transporting them.  One time they came across a Rhinoceros that had been dumped because it died at sea while being shipped to a zoo.  

The CDC RFI is not looking for input on pollution.  They will simply ignore them.  And, honestly, a lot of the responses they get will not even be entertained unless they specifically pertain to the questions asked.  The questions are really geared towards experts anyway.  

Edited by BND
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

If the anti cruise groups are smart, and they are teaching their minions what to say, they can attack the industry without tipping their hand. 

I’m not an anti cruise person. MB is watching out for Royal. When the Cruise Industry finds a way to safely cruise without risk to those Onboard and especially to those onshore, the CDC will approve sailing again. 

M8

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

I have no issues with "Science" per se, but with regard to COVID, science seems to be the best Guesstimate at the time.  It fluctuates from week to week.  I'm tired of hearing "we need to follow the science."    Pretty soon I'm hoping they will figure it out.  

I think we are all.  But this is a new virus and they are learning more every day.  

2 hours ago, flyguyjake said:

Chemical companies that pollute our drinking water. Plastic usage that pollutes our oceans. Fossil Fuels that pollute our air. Chemically poisoned and genetically engineered foods we eat. When do we stand up against these corporate lobbyists and demand safer, cleaner and more sustainable methods?  When do we demand a better way of living? I would like to live in a world with safe food, clean air, safe drinking water and preserved oceans.

What is wrong with using science, genetics, to increase the food supply. Honestly curious

6 hours ago, Hogbay said:

"Science" is just a opinion of some one with a PHD that wrote a paper that was appraised by their peer's and most have never worked a day in a real world .:classic_rolleyes:

What a nonsensical insult!

Is 5x2=10 an opinion?

Is water made up of hydrogen and oxygen an opinion?

Is the circumference of the earth roughly 24,901 miles an opinion?

Scientists are working to save our lives, to save your life!

You should be thankful, not insulting!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1