Michael Bayley vs. The CDC

Auntiemomo

4 hours ago, yogimax said:

Kind of funny!  It's mostly those who try to hype the price of a stock to make a quick profit.

Not exactly true. Many people became extremely wealthy short selling cruise stocks once the first Viking cruise went crazy. Yes, someone can make 50-100% on a stock as it goes up, but look how much they can make as it crashes...a whole lot more when they can control it. Besides cruise stocks, Urban One is a perfect example. Some wealthy people buy tons of it at $1.50. The riots start and some person of "influence" says the world needs to invest in minority businesses. The next day the $1.50 stock goes to $5. By Friday the stock is at $44. Uneducated investors bought at $44. But, the ones that made a killing? They bought at a 10M shares at $1.50. Hyped it up and used the media to skyrocket it. They sold $15M worth of stock for $440M. But wait, the minute they sell it, they short sell it at $15. Then they flood the media that Urban One never has any revenue and no where near the price. The stock crashes to $15 and they turn that $440M into $1B. In a matter of 2 weeks, they turned $10M into $1B and left uneducated investors holding worthless paper.

Now, CCL, RCL, and NCLH aren't that extreme. But, many people are making a lot of money with the $5 up, $5 down.

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Mobile Web scales them down. Might be big on a tablet or a laptop. It was a screenshot taken on my Galaxy S9. Not my problem. Bad software 😉

I'm on a about 10 inch high end samsung tablet. I needed max ram for my war games, but it is nice for other things. At least I can see, even without reading glasses. Android works fine for your posts for me. 

I got some good aged scotch and 2 bottles of reposado Don Julio tequila to choose from. A drink might be in order and let my travel agent worry about my bookings. Good thing he is good at it. 

Sorry no vodka for you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

LOL!!!

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 7.43.01 PM.png

Lol, dont know why I prefer aged tequila. I see those martinis and they look so pretty... but especially when I walk from the ship and hit cozumel. Maybe it's the way the sun shines on the water, almost immediately I want a margarita. 

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Lol, dont know why I prefer aged tequila. I see those martinis and they look so pretty... but especially when I walk from the ship and hit cozumel. Maybe it's the way the sun shines on the water, almost immediately I want a margarita. 

I get it!  You hit all the local bars (and all the chains -- Carlos n Charlies, Senor Frogs etc.) Then it doesn't really matter whether you've had Tequilla Patron, Casa Noble, El Tesoro, and all the premium tequilas -- with all the mariachis playing -- it turns out to be pure ecstasy!  What a day and night to remember!!  Or NOT!!!