The Demise of the Solstice Deck

Wansbrough

4 hours ago, Doubt It said:

If, I consider Celebrity, it would only be on one of their ships with a forward lounge. It is the height of dislike for the majority of their passengers for a cruise line to place a gym where the traditional front viewing area should be. 

Consider this, a cruise on Oceania Marina leaving Stockholm. The sail in and out is one of the best in the world. Our group of 4 sat at a table at the window in the front lounge watching the sail out with later afternoon tea items.  Then, in shifts, two of us would scurry back to the back deck to watch the ferries cross behind our wake and determine the distance to the next cruise ship behind.

Back and forth we went for over an hour. Outstanding experience.

This would not be possible on numerous Celebrity ships. 

Celebrity stuff it.

The gyms did not take away the forward viewing areas on any Celebrity ship.  It is the Suite/Retreat areas that eliminated the forward viewing.  One of our pleasures on the S Class ships is to be able to go outside on the gym area to not only view forward, but actually feel the forward motion.  It was a great location on an Alaska cruise.  One dislike of the E Class is that this area was eliminated. 

Please take my next comment as a tongue in cheek one - It sounds like you don't need the gym since your group enjoys running back and forth from the forward area of the ship to the aft area.... Sounds like great exercise. 😉 

• Like 1

Love reading about folks thoughts about what makes each ship special for them, so varying and personal and important to each of our experience on board.  I for one love the Celebrity revolution and redesign and love E class.  I do typically stay in one of the entry level class of suites, so that does change my experience.  I just don't like when folks say , the "normal" people vs suite elites etc.  I am a "normal" person I assure you, and if I choose to elevate my vacation experience with my $ I will always do it when I am able.  When I am at the airport, flying coach...and first class and business class get to baord prior to me, I certainly don't resent them, they are receiving a service for which they paid.  I don't see them as better than me or me less than them.   And as for early boarding on the ship for suite class, yes baby, I will take it everytime!

• Like 2