2022-2023 Deployment

Kokomo91165

This has been discussed a few times already. In PREVIOUS years, the "2 years out" itineraries have normally started rolling out from mid-November and a couple of weeks on from there, but who knows what will happen this year. Celebrity may not even have began sailing again in mid-November. They may even wait until Spring 2021, to assess their future plans for sailing. Looking at Carnival, who have planned the scrapping of over 10 ships by now, IIRC.

But that's the normal schedule from previous years, do with it as you please. I suspect AT LEAST two months from now, before we will see any itinerary releases.

I assume that they can roll out itineraries- but I wouldn't be sure if they will not be modified.  I agree that perhaps like Carnival, Celebrity and Royal will probably sell older ships- if they require major renovations, might not make sense to keep- so if you book a cruise on an older ships especially, you might not sail.  Also the newer S and Edge class ships, might alter their destinations.

We can all only speculate.  We have a cruise booked for March 2021, and think it is 50/50 that we will actually sail.  We already cancelled our b/2/b January cruise for 2021. Also cancelled our March 2020, and August 2020 cruises thus far.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Itineraries for Europe in 2021 are not that exciting - and those are the only ones I'd consider for 2021. As we have FCCs that expire for booking at the end of 2020 we feel a bit lost. And so far the time line for booking has not been extended for all of us that were dumped from cruises in February and March.

7 hours ago, grayjay said:

Itineraries for Europe in 2021 are not that exciting - and those are the only ones I'd consider for 2021. As we have FCCs that expire for booking at the end of 2020 we feel a bit lost. And so far the time line for booking has not been extended for all of us that were dumped from cruises in February and March.

My July 2021 British Isles looks good to many of us...so do the Baltics .... Just depends on what you consider exciting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

My July 2021 British Isles looks good to many of us...so do the Baltics .... Just depends on what you consider exciting.

Yes, exciting is an opinion, but many people have done those cruses and may not be interested in doing them again.  However, just to get on a cruise ship would make me soooo happy!

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2020 at 5:37 PM, Kokomo91165 said:

Has there been any communication from Celebrity on when they might release 2022/2023 itineraries?  

Thanks!

Seems impossible to publish itineraries for 2022-23 until you know much more about what continuing issues with COVID will exist.  Celebrity does not know what ships it will have then.  

My TA suggested late spring after a vaccine is available and at least some cruises with port calls would be about the earliest.  Will take a couple months to reassemble and train crews.

The chaos from Royal selling off ships has created thousands of cancellations.  Would think that far out Celebrity would want to make sure they can actually deliver an itinerary.

10 hours ago, grayjay said:

You might need to book a placeholder cruise with a REFUNDABLE deposit.  Anything in late 2021.  Then as needed before final payment you can move to 2022.

It also seems likely given what has happened with Royal that there are huge schedule changes coming as ramping up.will take time and while some ports are open now, others might be closed until COVID cases are much much lower.

28 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Seems impossible to publish itineraries for 2022-23 until you know much more about what continuing issues with COVID will exist.  Celebrity does not know what ships it will have then.  

My TA suggested late spring after a vaccine is available and at least some cruises with port calls would be about the earliest.  Will take a couple months to reassemble and train crews.

The chaos from Royal selling off ships has created thousands of cancellations.  Would think that far out Celebrity would want to make sure they can actually deliver an itinerary.

I don't believe RCI has "sold" any ships.

https://www.*****.com/2020/07/15/two-former-royal-caribbean-ships-will-be-sold

Let's get our facts straight.

Edited by Ashland

Ashland - RCCL has sold 2 ships.  They recently sailed for Pullmantur (49% owned by RCCL) which RCCL - not Royal Caribbean - held ownership.  Your article is correct.

The resulting cancellations resulted in thousands of cruisers being bumped about. 

I did not say Royal Caribbean sold ships.  RCCL or Royal is the holding company and owns the ships.  Do people in the US use Royal for the cruise line or Royal Caribbean?  Where I live much of the year now I am retired, Royal Caribbean is the cruise line and Royal or sometimes RCCL Group is the holding company.

My facts are correct.  Seems you confused the difference between Royal and Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Azamara, Pullmantur, Silversea and TUI.

No need to shout.  Bold caps it not nice.

59 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Where I live much of the year now I am retired, Royal Caribbean is the cruise line and Royal or sometimes RCCL Group is the holding company.

My facts are correct. 

Your facts are not correct!

Royal Caribbean Group (RCL) is the correct name of the holding company.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Ashland - RCCL has sold 2 ships.  They recently sailed for Pullmantur (49% owned by RCCL) which RCCL - not Royal Caribbean - held ownership.  Your article is correct.

The resulting cancellations resulted in thousands of cruisers being bumped about. 

I did not say Royal Caribbean sold ships.  RCCL or Royal is the holding company and owns the ships.  Do people in the US use Royal for the cruise line or Royal Caribbean?  Where I live much of the year now I am retired, Royal Caribbean is the cruise line and Royal or sometimes RCCL Group is the holding company.

My facts are correct.  Seems you confused the difference between Royal and Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Azamara, Pullmantur, Silversea and TUI.

No need to shout.  Bold caps it not nice.

I think the difference is "selling" vs "transferred" per the article.

I use RCI when referring to the cruise line specifically...but basically everyone on the boards knows what you're talking about. 

I've been cruising with RCI since the early 90's and can't seem to refer to it in any other way...old habit.

I'm sorry you were confused...I wasn't, as this term of RCI selling ships has been a recent topic on the RCI boards.

I've only started posting on X now that I have my 2nd cruise booked with them...but I must say I find it to be a bit unfriendly at times.

I also find it unnecessary to correct the style in "how" anyone chooses to post on a public forum...not the point here.

FYI...I never use all caps...but I do and always have used bold font. If this offends you please disregard my posts and put me on your ignore list.

I have enjoyed in the past your posts...but going forward I will perhaps look at them in a different way.

Enjoy wherever you cruise to next....and am hoping none of the cancelled/disrupted cruises affects your plans.

1 hour ago, -Lew- said:

Your facts are not correct!

Royal Caribbean Group (RCL) is the correct name of the holding company.

Then can you explain this?  Am currently in Spain.  My broker said it was traded as below.  Where I received my information.

Lew - I do thank you for being polite.

Jul 15, 2020 · Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Chairman and CEO Richard Fain confirmed the ships' fate during a call with travel agents. He indicated that there are no plans to sell any ships right now, apart from the Pullmantur ships. "The one exception would be the Pullmantur ships, which are now in the process of being sold."

44 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Then can you explain this?  Am currently in Spain.  My broker said it was traded as below.  Where I received my information.

Lew - I do thank you for being polite.

Jul 15, 2020 · Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Chairman and CEO Richard Fain confirmed the ships' fate during a call with travel agents. He indicated that there are no plans to sell any ships right now, apart from the Pullmantur ships. "The one exception would be the Pullmantur ships, which are now in the process of being sold."

No need to thank someone for being polite...

To answer your question, RCL changed its name to Royal Caribbean Group this year.  I believe it finalized in July.

1 minute ago, -Lew- said:

To answer your question, RCL changed its name to Royal Caribbean Group this year.  I believe it finalized in July.

Yes, finally... I thought I was reading a variation of “Who's on first?” 😁

RCL is used for the Stock Exchange. 

RCCL did change their title to RCG this summer.

15 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Yes, finally... I thought I was reading a variation of “Who's on first?” 😁

RCL is used for the Stock Exchange. 

RCCL did change their title to RCG this summer.

And we can certainly still call it RCI when referring to their ships on this board.:classic_wink:

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

I think the difference is "selling" vs "transferred" per the article.

I use RCI when referring to the cruise line specifically...but basically everyone on the boards knows what you're talking about. 

I've been cruising with RCI since the early 90's and can't seem to refer to it in any other way...old habit.

I'm sorry you were confused...I wasn't, as this term of RCI selling ships has been a recent topic on the RCI boards.

I've only started posting on X now that I have my 2nd cruise booked with them...but I must say I find it to be a bit unfriendly at times.

I also find it unnecessary to correct the style in "how" anyone chooses to post on a public forum...not the point here.

FYI...I never use all caps...but I do and always have used bold font. If this offends you please disregard my posts and put me on your ignore list.

I have enjoyed in the past your posts...but going forward I will perhaps look at them in a different way.

Enjoy wherever you cruise to next....and am hoping none of the cancelled/disrupted cruises affects your plans.

RCG/RCCL is the holding company...guessing you know what that means.  No matter what subsidiary they are held under, it is Royal calling the shots, so THEY sold the ships.  

• Like 1