Just Another Cruise Line(s) Current Situation Article

prescottbob

Just another FYI that probably most folks have viewed from the FT folks ( Financial Times). Tonnage pricing for cruise ship breakers are lowering their / ton payouts. No news there.

BTW, this is not intended to be a ‘bad news’ posting, just the current state of the industry by one individual writer. Nothing we didn’t know of or weren’t aware of already.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/b0d09282-1559-4169-a3ec-92c12ebfb78e

Be well.

Bob

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Despegue said:

Make that the whole travel industry...I would have nightmares if I could get some sleep, but worries have taken over my nights.

I agree with you.  Anybody who is dependent on anything to do with travel is hurting.  And, in my opinion much of it is over-reaction based on fear.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Himself said:

I agree with you.  Anybody who is dependent on anything to do with travel is hurting.  And, in my opinion much of it is over-reaction based on fear.

Are you also of the opinion that over 200,000 families are over-reacting to the loss of a loved one?  Very sad ...

Edited by taxmantoo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Despegue said:

I would have nightmares if I could get some sleep, but worries have taken over my nights.

I have those as well at times.

"Dr. rkacruiser" recommends a couple glasses of a nice wine prior to bedtime.  Personally, I enjoy Villa Maria, an excellent New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.  

10 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I have those as well at times.

"Dr. rkacruiser" recommends a couple glasses of a nice wine prior to bedtime.  Personally, I enjoy Villa Maria, an excellent New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.  

Haha, yeah, I use a good Rioja Gran Reserva as remedy...we recently moved from Belgium to Sunny Spain, so that kept me busy. Hoping to start working  again in 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

I am not fond of heavily oaked wines.  How is what you are drinking in that category?

You won’t like it then... at least 2 years of maturation in oak barrels ( mostly used French and Hungarian oak nowadays) and then minimum 3 Years of ageing in the bottle.

2 hours ago, Despegue said:

You won’t like it then... at least 2 years of maturation in oak barrels ( mostly used French and Hungarian oak nowadays) and then minimum 3 Years of ageing in the bottle.

I Googled the wine that you mentioned and I saw the years of maturation in oak.  I'll stick with Villa Maria.