The Daily for Monday Sep 21, 2020

richwmn

14 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Joy, I picked a white wine for you.

Thank you Ann. Sancerre is one of my all time favorite wines. We stayed in Beaune France and biked thru the vineyards, then took a train to the south of France for a month. Stayed in Avignon and trained around. Awesome trip!

The owner of the B & B in Beaune gave us a wine tasting and I fell in love with the Sancerre.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, richwmn said:

I have reworked the selection process so that there will be no duplication going forward, but will be with those from the past. That said, if Ann wishes to select a wine each day I will bow to her expertise.

Rich

Rich, I appreciate you posting the wine du jour, and caring enough to try to fix the selection process. I enjoy finding out more about the selection & sharing.

So I would love to keep it the way it is, thank you for asking. And, I am no expert - but I am a great Googler!

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Rich, I appreciate you posting the wine du jour, and caring enough to try to fix the selection process. I enjoy finding out more about the selection & sharing.

So I would love to keep it the way it is, thank you for asking. And, I am no expert - but I am a great Googler!

then it will remain for the time being

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Thank you Ann. Sancerre is one of my all time favorite wines. We stayed in Beaune France and biked thru the vineyards, then took a train to the south of France for a month. Stayed in Avignon and trained around. Awesome trip!

The owner of the B & B in Beaune gave us a wine tasting and I fell in love with the Sancerre.

One of my favorites, too. I believe I was introduced to it by the owners of the B&B I stayed at in Chenonceaux.  

• Like 5

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  We are grateful for peace that we enjoy in our world and wish it for others as well.  Love miniature golf, but haven't had the chance to play for a very long time - might just put it on the "to do" list.

DH and I went for a walk yesterday to the park at the end of our block,  to see the changing colours along the river.  We don't get the lovely reds that you see in the East, but what we do have is nice.  Here are a couple of photos.

image.jpeg.4bfac54db12c75d6c8940e440d7ed6e7.jpeg

image.jpeg.727b5e51777747e296ecf050a245afa7.jpeg

I love the meal suggestion for today; I've got a few fast fry pork chops that I could sub in for the steak tonight . . . hmm.  Along with some spaghetti squash and fresh tomatoes, that could make us a fine dinner tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone on the list, and cheers and raising of the glass to those on the celebration side.  BTW, huge congratulations to the folks at Schitt's Creek for their 9 Emmys last night - if you haven't had the chance to watch the series, it's really worth a look.  Be safe, stay well.

Smooth Sailing!   🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 16

Good morning all.  Miami Vice - another drink that I would like for sure.  It looks like another beautiful day here in Southern Ontario and the weather for the week is very promising.  Amazing win for Schitt's Creek at the Emmy's last night and I have a story to tell about Eugene Levy.  When I was in high school I joined the drama club, not to act, but as crew.  Eugene was an actor way back then and the production was Romeo and Juliet.  I was asked to sew the  costume for Eugene.  I know he wasn't Romeo, although his part was fairly big.  The costume was made out of burgundy corduroy and it had a short pleated skirt, and gold trim.  Looks like Eugene has risen to the top and I can say “I knew you way back when”!  Stay safe and healthy everyone.

• Like 11

Brisk here in Colorado. I had the heat on for a couple of days about a week ago, but now it is off again. But the trees are turning, the morning temps in the low 40's, and yesterday.... for the first time in days.... we actually saw a bit of blue sky as the haze from the fires lifted. One thing I did find out when I had to turn the heat on was that one of my heaters does not work. It is being replaced this morning - hopefully - he is late.  Another sign of impending cold weather - the outdoor sprinkler system gets turned off today.

Dogs and I are enjoying our walks in the cool. This morning we saw our favorite deer family - a Mom and her triplets. Glad all 3 babies have survived and look healthy. I am still working on sorting and tossing (and will be for some time). When you have been a place for 40 + years you do accumulate a lot of stuff. And books..... I have books and more books.  Progress is slow and right now it is hard to notice anything is gone. When I do travel again I am going really limit any souvenirs purchased.

• Like 11

Good morning, all, and many thanks to Rich and Roy for all they do - along with everyone else for whom I am very grateful!  (It's like a mini Thanksgiving Day!)  Love Sancerre, and malbec.  Last night we had a nice shiraz with our steak...

@kazu, Jacqui, so sorry about your pots and planters lined up and empty - but !! you would be doing it anyway - we have you and Jose on our calendar to meet up in Vancouver on Saturday!  Fancy that.  All that might have been....

Looking overcast here today, we are due for rain later in the day, but I would like to get out and do a bit of digging up of wandering ivy if I can, after our exercise group.

• Like 10

Fred, thanks for posting the pictures of Bathsheba, I could look at them all day long and reminisce about the many, many times we spent in Barbados.  We had a friend who lived in our “hood” who returned to Barbados to help his dad in his rum delivering business.  We visited him way back and he took us on a tour of his Barbados, where did we go first - Bathsheba of course!  There used to be a wonderful little restaurant cottage at Barclay's beach, sadly the last time we were there it was closed.  Oh, I can still taste crab cakes, flying fish, macaroni pie and Bank's beer.  

• Like 9

2 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Morning Rich! I am so grateful for this wonderful thread you have created - full of peace and caring from an international group of folk! Thank you!

Roy, thanks for taking care of our lists! Quite the celebration list this morning! Glad your arm pain has subsided a bit. 

@summer slope, thank you for the drink recipe. Another one I have never heard of & I love strawberries.

@kazu, I am so sorry to see your empty planters. But I will say that the picture with all the empty planters really shows off your thriving chili plants! 

Interesting quote. I do not each much beef, but I might tuck that away for the future.

Prayers for all who need our support.

Cheers ️ to everyone celebrating.

Stay well everyone!

Sancerre lovers, here is a well rated entry with a decent price. I know you all love a “racy white”! Caution - you might crave salami! 😎The average price I found was about $32, just a bit higher than the price in the article I found this in.  Joy, I picked a white wine for you.

SAGET ‘LA PERRIÈRE’ SANCERRE, 2018

Saget_La_Perriere_Sancerre.jpgThis is a racy white with notes of green fruit, lemon, and flint, and a rich texture gained from three months of aging on lees (the leftover yeast from fermentation). “There’s some floral action going on,” one VinePair taster commented, while another craved food, remarking: “I want salami.” A briny note suggests olives and salty cheese would also make for wonderful pairings, but this bottle can easily be enjoyed long before any food reaches the table. Average Price: $29.

🌺Good morning Ann!! 
Just wanted to chime in. This is such a good 

Sancerre wine! When we were in Nice at our place around the corner was Carefour grocery store and you would be shocked at the price of this wine. I paid around 12.00 euros!! This is really good and one of my favorites. At my local Seaside Market  I pay 21.99. 
Have a good day sis!

Denise😊

• Like 7

2 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Morning Rich! I am so grateful for this wonderful thread you have created - full of peace and caring from an international group of folk! Thank you!

Roy, thanks for taking care of our lists! Quite the celebration list this morning! Glad your arm pain has subsided a bit. 

@summer slope, thank you for the drink recipe. Another one I have never heard of & I love strawberries.

@kazu, I am so sorry to see your empty planters. But I will say that the picture with all the empty planters really shows off your thriving chili plants! 

Interesting quote. I do not each much beef, but I might tuck that away for the future.

Prayers for all who need our support.

Cheers ️ to everyone celebrating.

Stay well everyone!

Sancerre lovers, here is a well rated entry with a decent price. I know you all love a “racy white”! Caution - you might crave salami! 😎The average price I found was about $32, just a bit higher than the price in the article I found this in.  Joy, I picked a white wine for you.

SAGET ‘LA PERRIÈRE’ SANCERRE, 2018

Saget_La_Perriere_Sancerre.jpgThis is a racy white with notes of green fruit, lemon, and flint, and a rich texture gained from three months of aging on lees (the leftover yeast from fermentation). “There’s some floral action going on,” one VinePair taster commented, while another craved food, remarking: “I want salami.” A briny note suggests olives and salty cheese would also make for wonderful pairings, but this bottle can easily be enjoyed long before any food reaches the table. Average Price: $29.

🌺Good morning Ann!! 
Just wanted to chime in. This is such a good 

Sancerre wine! When we were in Nice at our place around the corner was Carefour grocery store and you would be shocked at the price of this wine. I paid around 12.00 euros!! This is really good and one of my favorites. At my local Seaside Market  I pay 21.99. 
Have a good day sis!

Denise😊

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

Dogs and I are enjoying our walks in the cool. This morning we saw our favorite deer family - a Mom and her triplets. Glad all 3 babies have survived and look healthy. 

Triplets! Wow!

Good luck with your heater installation. 

• Like 2

Good morning all!  Love the Bathsheba pictures.....have one of myself and DH in front of that rock on my nightstand.

A lil chilly here too but furnace not yet ready to be turned on. It was a perfect day for apple picking yesterday so apple pie baking will warm up the house! Have a great day everyone!

• Like 4

Good morning everyone.   The cooler weather and talk of changing leaves reminded me of my trip to Iceland last  year.   This is from an excursion out of Isafjordur with West Fjords.   I forget the name of the waterfall, but the colors on the hills were spectacular.  The pictures don't do them justice, but I tried.  

DSC02537 (2).JPG

DSC02536 (2).JPG

DSC02538 (2).JPG

DSC02539.JPG

DSC02541.JPG

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

today is International Peace Day, Miniature Golf Day, and World Gratitude Day

G0682482.jpg

Q: What's the problem with my golf game? A: You're standing too close to the ball ... after you hit it

Thief!  You stole my quote!

Roy

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

today is International Peace Day, Miniature Golf Day, and World Gratitude Day

G0682482.jpg

Q: What's the problem with my golf game? A: You're standing too close to the ball ... after you hit it

Great Comment John.  You are the best.  I love your sense of humor.

• Like 4

Good Morning.

I currently have the fireplace on to take the morning chill off of the house.  It is nice to sit and watch the flames while drinking my morning coffee.

The skies are looking good again.  I can see clouds in the distance.

This mini golf is in Parksville, BC.

69296034_10219526910028586_6802060764623405056_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=rMZy06R8K_gAX8SVppy&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr3-1.fna&oh=506942d6f385b2223e65664621f68422&oe=5F8D7823

Val

• Like 12