Royal Carribean releases healthy sailing policies

1 minute ago, The_Big_M said:

It depends on individual policy, plus the local situation. Places where there have been outbreaks or which are more rigorous in checking they do. Though places where there are no cases don't have a need so don't. 

Thanks.  Hate to assume that our local situation is reflective of what's happening elsewhere.  

10 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Yeah mate but soon they might let’s us do road trips and I am sure you will head up to Qld to see the family.

For us if I can handle a road trip again it will be Victoria to see sonny Jim Tasmania, our favourite place and maybe a trip on the Murray if I can book on the paddle steamer my great grandmother launched (or it’s replica anyway, said to be a highly accurate replica).

but I even find Sydney and back in one day a bit much, so we will have to see.

Yes mate, I have already done 3 mini road trips since June on my pat malone. Out west twice and south once. Go nuts staying here, soon as I can I will be heading  up north, gold coast see brother and sister and Townsville see grandaughter. So get in your limo and go old son. 

Edited by NSWP

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Yes mate, I have already done 3 mini road trips since June on my pat malone. Out west twice and south once. Go nuts staying here, soon as I can I will be heading  up north, gold coast see brother and sister and Townsville see grandaughter. So get in your limo and go old son. 

I researched whether you could spend a fortnight in one of the new extended border northern river areas where people can come in to Qld. from 1/10, then come in to Qld.  But you can't.  Only locals in those regions are eligible.  How long has your region been without community acquired cases?  Unfortunately, Batemans Bay, a popular tourist spot, is attractive to visitors, which increases the risk (like the recent Uber driver).  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I researched whether you could spend a fortnight in one of the new extended border northern river areas where people can come in to Qld. from 1/10, then come in to Qld.  But you can't.  Only locals in those regions are eligible.  How long has your region been without community acquired cases?  Unfortunately, Batemans Bay, a popular tourist spot, is attractive to visitors, which increases the risk (like the recent Uber driver).  

No one wants us, one case hits the media, like the Sydney taxi driver who was in Batemans Bay for half a day and we are off limits.

Solo cabin costs, high travel insurance with my pre existing conditions, general health and the fact I been to just about everywhere by ship I want to go to suggests my cruise career hath ended folks.  I don't go on a cruise just to go on a ship, I need new places, going to the South Pacific or NZ year in, year out, like some do, does not appeal.  Although we did do Panama Canal twice and the Med twice, but more appealing than a south pacific island.  Done two cruises to and from NZ as well plus a coach tour of both island, plus a fly/drive there, so with all due respect to our Kiwi friends on here, enough of NZ.

My son is still trying to get me on an Antarctic Expedition cruise, at the 'right price' on one of his charters, if they ever start again, but travel insurance might be a major issue. I am working on it. These new policies will apply to the expedition ships too, even though they only carry 100 to 200 pax.OceanAtlantic_Albatros_no_logo_0_0.jpg.1fb1f3788a3c0fbde2db1b736246ea12.jpg

Edited by NSWP

It will simply be impossible to maintain these rules (especially on social distancing) without cutting passenger numbers severely, let's say half. "Royal Amplified" is looking a bit silly. Dining room, buffet (if that even exists) and show capacity halved. Then you get to a port and all you can do is go on a guided tour. 

I don't think that's a business model.

6 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Solo cabin costs, high travel insurance with my pre existing conditions, general health and the fact I been to just about everywhere by ship I want to go to suggests my cruise career hath ended folks.  I don't go on a cruise just to go on a ship, I need new places, going to the South Pacific or NZ year in, year out, like some do, does not appeal.  Although we did do Panama Canal twice and the Med twice, but more appealing than a south pacific island.  Done two cruises to and from NZ as well plus a coach tour of both island, plus a fly/drive there, so with all due respect to our Kiwi friends on here, enough of NZ.

My son is still trying to get me on an Antarctic Expedition cruise, at the 'right price' on one of his charters, if they ever start again, but travel insurance might be a major issue. I am working on it. These new policies will apply to the expedition ships too, even though they only carry 100 to 200 pax.OceanAtlantic_Albatros_no_logo_0_0.jpg.1fb1f3788a3c0fbde2db1b736246ea12.jpg

Recommend you go on an Antarctic Expedition cruise, suggested by your son.  You won't regret it as it is a trip of a lifetime.  On my Antarctic Expedition cruise, there was a lady who went with her husband at the beginning of the year and with her cousin at the end of the same year - it was so special.  Like you, I am a destination cruiser, so understand your lack of interest in routine cruises.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cme2c said:

It will simply be impossible to maintain these rules (especially on social distancing) without cutting passenger numbers severely, let's say half. "Royal Amplified" is looking a bit silly. Dining room, buffet (if that even exists) and show capacity halved. Then you get to a port and all you can do is go on a guided tour. 

I don't think that's a business model.

Exactly and social distancing on the tenders would mean extra long delays to get off and get back.  And on Princess if you were not Elite, you might never get off on a tender, but then everybody going off might have to be on a ships shorex, nightmare.

Edited by NSWP

10 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Exactly and social distancing on the tenders would mean extra long delays to get off and get back.  And on Princess if you were not Elite, you might never get off on a tender, but then everybody going off might have to be on a ships shorex, nightmare.

The airlines are coping very well with covid safe procedures at the present time. We recently flew with Jetstar to Cairns and back.
The aircraft were completely full. All passengers were told what was expected of them regarding behaviour both onboard and while embarking/disembarking.

Pre-ordered snacks and drinks were served and it was permitted to bring your own cold drinks and snacks.

They were however very strict on no seat swapping.

1 hour ago, Bowm54 said:

The airlines are coping very well with covid safe procedures at the present time. We recently flew with Jetstar to Cairns and back.
The aircraft were completely full. All passengers were told what was expected of them regarding behaviour both onboard and while embarking/disembarking.

Pre-ordered snacks and drinks were served and it was permitted to bring your own cold drinks and snacks.

That is because they now have to give those details to the government (in case a passenger on board is discovered later to have the virus).  Airlines didn't keep that passenger information previously.  

Did passengers wear masks?

14 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

That is because they now have to give those details to the government (in case a passenger on board is discovered later to have the virus).  Airlines didn't keep that passenger information previously.  

Did passengers wear masks?

It was voluntary, more were worn on the return journey.

What was noticeable was the absence of pushing and shoving.

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Recommend you go on an Antarctic Expedition cruise, suggested by your son.  You won't regret it as it is a trip of a lifetime.  On my Antarctic Expedition cruise, there was a lady who went with her husband at the beginning of the year and with her cousin at the end of the same year - it was so special.  Like you, I am a destination cruiser, so understand your lack of interest in routine cruises.  

Thank you and I like your term 'Destination Cruiser.' 😁 I have been into Ushaia before on Golden Princess in 2014, 'Around the Horn - Buenos Aires to LA.  But not to the ice on the expedition ships and Zodiacs etc.

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, Bowm54 said:

So no social distancing on the aircraft, I thought they leaving empty seats.

9 minutes ago, NSWP said:

No empty seats at all. 88 flights weekly between brisbane and cairns at present, plus others to townsville, hamilton island etc. All full and no reported incidents of covid transmission. 

9 minutes ago, NSWP said:

39 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Thank you and I like your term 'Destination Cruiser.' 😁 I have been into Ushaia before on Golden Princess in 2014, 'Around the Horn - Buenos Aires to LA.  But not to the ice on the expedition ships and Zodiacs etc.

If you have a choice, go on the longer cruise via Falkland Islands, South Georgia and Antarctica.  The cruise is much more than ice and snow, although they are spectacular.  Penguin colonies in the thousands, seals, whales, albatross, history, and Stations belonging to various nations.   

Edited by MMDown Under

27 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

If you have a choice, go on the longer cruise via Falkland Islands, South Georgia and Antarctica.  The cruise is much more than ice and snow, although they are spectacular.  Penguin colonies in the thousands, seals, whales, albatross, history, and Stations belonging to various nations.   

Did Falkland on Golden, got ashore. If i go, I will do the full Monty, even if I have to share a cabin with my son and give out free chimu caps and be a social butterfly, lol. Like defacto assistant tour leader, lol

Edited by NSWP

32 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Did Falkland on Golden, got ashore. If i go, I will do the full Monty, even if I have to share a cabin with my son and give out free chimu caps and be a social butterfly, lol. Like defacto assistant tour leader, lol

Nothing like having a personal family guide.  I went with my daughter who had been before in a shared cabin of three on a very basic ship.  Hurtigruten's Fram was luxurious in comparison.  

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

I agree. Go on a longer trip that goes to the three main destinations - Falkland Islands, South Georgia and Antarctica. I am more interested in the wildlife so I found South Georgia to be fantastic, particularly the king penguins. Falkland Islands is interesting for its history, but I don't feel it is a 'must see'. Antarctica is certainly worth going to see.

4 hours ago, Bowm54 said:

That's because they don't have the social distancing rules being talked about in effect on their flights.

They have an exception because it wouldn't suit their business model...