Zaandam appears to be at shipyard

Willemstad
Nieuw Amsterdam

0922World.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Good morning.

The first day of autumn.

Happy Hobbit Day.  I love elephants too.

The sun is coming up, and it's supposed to be a nice sunny day here, hope they're right.

Thanks for the meal suggestion, but we had fish last night.  The drink sounds interesting, can't wait to read about the wine.

Saying prayers for all.  Cheers to all celebrating.

Have a wonderful day.  Stay safe.

• Like 9

Thank you for the report Rich.  A great selection of days and a very nice quote:

Today’s care list:

Mrs Vmax

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

Those still affected by smoke and wildfires

Birds and bees in polluted air-

Those in the path of Teddy

Texas, the Gulf Coast, and Beta

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Welcome to the Daily, Quartzite Cruiser

Front line health workers

Mask makers

Continued clearing in the Northwest and British Columbia

Las Vegas Raiders

Vet’s vlean bill of health for Baltimore’s 1-month old Panda vun.

and memories of the four ships leaving the fleet

Roy

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Rich, Roy, and fellow daily-ites.

Love Walleye, DH fished Lake Erie often for it.

Mango Strawberry Daiquri:

Instructions. In your blender, begin by mixing frozen strawberry slices, 1/2 cup of ice, 4 oz. rum, 1 oz lime juice, and 2 oz simple syrup. Rinse your blender, and add back in mangoes, 1 ½ cups of ice, 4 oz rum, 1 oz lime juice, and 2 oz simple syrup. Blend again. Garnish each drink with fresh strawberries and enjoy.

Prayers and congratulations for our lists.  HOPE that the fires are tamed.

Stay safe, social distance, and WEAR YOUR MASK!  We need to get this virus under control so we can enjoy our blue hulled beauties.

• Like 10

Today's sunrise is from a Blount Cruise in 2006 on their smallest vessel, the Niagara Prince, from Rhode Island through the Champlain Canal to Burlington, Vermont.  On September 22 we were approaching New York City from Long Island Sound:

IMG_0481.JPG.78f961845324f4ac81fddb85421a2b33.JPG

Roy

• Like 21

12 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Today's sunrise is from a Blount Cruise in 2006 on their smallest vessel, the Niagara Prince, from Rhode Island through the Champlain Canal to Burlington, Vermont.  On September 22 we were approaching New York City from Long Island Sound:

Roy

spectacular!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Good morning Rich, Roy, and fellow daily-ites.

Love Walleye, DH fished Lake Erie often for it.

Mango Strawberry Daiquri:

Instructions. In your blender, begin by mixing frozen strawberry slices, 1/2 cup of ice, 4 oz. rum, 1 oz lime juice, and 2 oz simple syrup. Rinse your blender, and add back in mangoes, 1 ½ cups of ice, 4 oz rum, 1 oz lime juice, and 2 oz simple syrup. Blend again. Garnish each drink with fresh strawberries and enjoy.

Prayers and congratulations for our lists.  HOPE that the fires are tamed.

Stay safe, social distance, and WEAR YOUR MASK!  We need to get this virus under control so we can enjoy our blue hulled beauties.

So this has a total of 8 ounces of rum!  Wow!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 😄 

Love that there is a day for Business Women and an appreciation of elephants.  They are such magnificent creatures.

I’ve been guilty of that Fifth rule on occasion 😉 

Yum on Walleye.  None here sadly but I do love that fish.

Well, we have battened down our hatches here as much as we could.

We are a bit lower risk now with the change in the track but when it changes to a tropical storm/cyclone it is going to be massive, even bigger than it is now and could well change.  It is a very far reaching storm - at sea right now and it’s effects are going to be felt 500 kms away.  This is their “best guess”

A8F5A49B-AA74-4AEF-ACD9-E034064E8D09.thumb.jpeg.aec536678592bee0ba0a9fca45b8f113.jpeg

8CC999A1-601B-4CE7-AA8A-3BEB8C75715C.thumb.jpeg.74dd99000b7f749721664d4a50f88ec4.jpeg

These dahlias are too heavy so we don’t think they can be picked up and they are just going to have to manage.

4609AB0F-BEBB-4596-B11D-D64513DA8812.thumb.jpeg.cd851d5d2f969426ce1ca81ce51e986d.jpeg

I hope this survives.  The frost hasn’t bothered it too much.

A241D01B-C164-4507-B6BF-8A5560042627.thumb.jpeg.4c95f8cea97148ada6766e70b4526f99.jpeg

Besides the pergola is just about full.

C115BCB2-7B8C-41EB-A796-DC189DD7217E.thumb.jpeg.2179042f9bbfbe306f3f273d3851c49a.jpeg

We put that dolly to good use 😉 

The dahlia planters are 3 deep along with a few larger planters that I didn’t want to give up.

E91D4BB3-602E-42D2-844E-66692AAD5C5D.thumb.jpeg.cf51cd3e4ebb5c7ef9f030a311f8961d.jpeg

Moved the chilies to a more protected spot.  They were covered last night with the frost warning and still are.  I’m not sure whether to take the covers off or leave them on.  The wind is going to hurt them but the rain is going to do damage if I leave the covers on.  <sigh>

64EBC813-B484-474E-B95D-9D56A004A58F.thumb.jpeg.3b3c5cd2bca5351fa519b3ba2bc303bf.jpeg

It will be what it will be.  Nova Scotia is going to get it a lot worse than we are if the forecasts hold true.

Prayers to everyone on Roy’s care list and a toast to everyone we are celebrating.

Have a great Tuesday everyone and stay safe wearing your masks.

• Like 16

What elephant? | Writing humor, Social work humor, Therapy humor

Good morning Rich. Great Daily today. Thank you.

I do feel like a bit of fish tonight. Thanks for the suggestion. I have had the Joel Gott SB and it's good.

Thanks Roy, sister Ann, Jacqui for your additions.

My sister Denise. I feel your pain on doing renovations. What are you having done? When we moved from Montana to Coeur d'Alene we lived in the downstairs area for 4 months. I was a wreck. Please post a picture when you are completed. Get a good resupply of wine too.

It has been pouring here since yesterday morning. Our bark has been floating around the gardens. It should be stopping towards the end of the day, and our forecast for the rest of the week looks good. I was reading our Daily-ites that have turned on heat the past few days. Our AC is still on and it looks to be 90 Sunday.

I brought the bird feeders onto the back porch and the birds followed! I tried taking pictures of all the cardinals but they would see me and scatter. 

I have a new project. I decided to plant small hosta up our walk to the front door. They are shipping from Georgia and I should have them by the end of the week. I ordered 11 but will use 8 in front and plant 3 in a big pot for the back. Looks like the weather will cooperate. 

Everyone have a great day. Praying for all those on Roy's list and our nation. It's going to be one heck of a November! 😵

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Roy, thank you for keeping our lists! Morning a Dailyites & my Sisters. Hope all are well!

I will happily celebrate all three days! Love the quote. Not sure I have ever had Walleye. Need to look for it. The drink du jour sounded interesting, but it has a lot of rum in it 🙃. I might need to try this at home first. It is another really gusty day here & Fall is definitely in the air. Even the cold water coming out of the faucets is cool!

Prayers to all who need our support.

A big shout out to those celebrating!

Stay well everyone!

I have actually had this wine! It is a very nice California Sauvignon Blanc, with a great price to match - $12.99. And the 2019 vintage has an even higher rating, so if you can’t find this vintage go for the 2019.

#62 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2018 

The 2017 California Sauvignon Blanc has aromas of mango, ripe melon, peach and passion fruit with citrus and floral notes. The wine opens with bright, tropical aromas, followed by crisp, refreshing acidity and a long, clean, balanced finish.

WS90

Wine Spectator
Juicy pear, peach and citrus flavors are bright and smooth, with a touch of dried chamomile and lemon verbena lingering on the finish. Impressive for the focus and aromatic detail. Drink now.
  • Like 11

31 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I have a new project. I decided to plant small hosta up our walk to the front door. They are shipping from Georgia and I should have them by the end of the week. I ordered 11 but will use 8 in front and plant 3 in a big pot for the back. Looks like the weather will cooperate

That sounds wonderful Joy.  You don’t have deer there I don’t think?  Hostas are their favourite thing.  I have tons but they are behind a fence 😉 

• Like 3

We love walleye but know it by its other name, pickerel, specifically yellow pickerel. My BIL does an excellent fish fry with perch and pickerel.

Did not know that my elephants had their own day! Started collecting in the 90’s . They live behind glass so there is less dusting. I have a few bigger ones that live in the open!

Lovely day here again, great for another bike ride. Be safe and stay well all.
IMG_0725.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 11

Walleye (often called Pickerel by our Canadian friends) is the State Fish of Minnesota! But today is Tuesday, so I'll be heading to Papa Murphy's. I don't think they have come up with a Walleye Pizza yet. 

My Uncle Lou on the dock at our old cottage on Deer Bay sometime in the early-to-mid 50's. Looks like a Largemouth Bass on the left and a Walleye on the right - 

image.thumb.png.00a76376e1c3652edf90c69c17b5380e.png

The boat is a cedar strip, probably made in Lakefield. I remember it as a kid, we kept it afloat as long as we could but eventually it was more patches than original boat! I don't have that motor, but I have one that is very similar. I am going to try to get it running next summer...

• Like 9

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Awesome!

• Like 1

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Raising my coffee cup to all business women; great respect to all of you.  Love elephants, they care for their families just as humans do.  Great rule . . . I think many of us do that.

I'm pretty sure I'd like the drink of the day, so I'll make a couple of batches just to be sure.  And the menu suggestion reminds me of the wonderful fish fry times we used to have with a dear departed friend.  He would fillet the fish so there was never a bone to be found, then we'd coat them in flour, salt and pepper, and fry them in butter.  Sure, we were mainlining cholesterol, but we also made some wonderful memories.  BTW, we call them pickerel out here as well, but believe the proper name is walleye.  We also call  northern pike "jackfish" - I have no idea why.

I think I'll get a pkg of fish fillets today and cook them on the side burner of the barbecue the way we used to - along with baked potatoes and a coleslaw salad will make a fine dinner tonight.  And wine.  We're eating dinners on our glassed-in deck as long as we can until the cold weather forces us indoors.  We usually get to enjoy meals there from the beginning of April through to mid-October.

Prayers for everyone on the list, and even for those who don't think they need them.  Raising the wine glass to all on the celebration side.  Be safe, stay well!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Himself said:

Rich:  Thanks for the DAILY.  It is taking the Oosterdam along time to get to Wellemstad. Must be floating.  The meal and the drink sound inviting.  Thanks to all who have contributed on this first day of Fall.

How's the left arm, Father

Roy

• Like 2