Labadee

Tahina cruising

I haven't been to a cruise ship's island in a long time so I have questions. Is the BBQ buffet included? Are drinks included if we have the drink package? Are there chairs for us to sit without renting a cabana? Pretty much, can we have a beach day with lunch and drinks and not have to buy anything??

• 5 months later...
On 9/22/2020 at 6:16 PM, Tahina cruising said:

I haven't been to a cruise ship's island in a long time so I have questions. Is the BBQ buffet included? Are drinks included if we have the drink package? Are there chairs for us to sit without renting a cabana? Pretty much, can we have a beach day with lunch and drinks and not have to buy anything??

We have been to. Labadee 11 times and the only time we spent money was for a tee shirt.The barbecue is great.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 3/4/2021 at 1:27 PM, lenquixote66 said:

We have been to. Labadee 11 times and the only time we spent money was for a tee shirt.The barbecue is great.

Ditto.  It is one of our favorite 'private' islands.  Much to do and MUCH to see.  Don't forget to just relax...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Question re: shade available on Labadee.  I know that there are beach umbrellas for free on Coco Cay but haven't seen that info for Labadee.  Are there shaded areas?  Are umbrellas available other than the need to rent one of the two person clam shells?  I find the clam shells can be very hot as they tend to restrict all airflow. 

Obviously don't know if they've made changes since the pandemic, but when I was last on Labadee (Dec 2019) there still weren't many umbrellas available.  (Selfishly hoping that changes to be more like Coco Cay, where every other set of loungers has its own umbrella.)

If you don't need to be RIGHT at the water's edge, however, you can easily get a lounger in the shade of the trees farther back from the water at Columbus Cove (closer to the road than the water, but still no big deal).  I'm a redhead and shade is essential, and Labadee is my absolute favorite place to go -- an easy, free beach day!

• Thanks 1