The Daily for Wednesday Sep 23, 2020

richwmn

Good morning and thanks!  

Love fish tacos, and halibut is the best and mojitos!  Though autocorrect thinks it’s monitors!  I grow enough mint for everyone here!  😂

hoping Jacqui is ok with this storm!  

Fall colours are starting to appear.

image.thumb.jpeg.7f6e6bd115437d3a366a4a84132ba4ec.jpeg

• Like 12

Good morning all! 
Pot pie, so funny I made beef pot pie last night. I prefer chicken or turkey, but had roast beef leftovers so beef it was. For store-bought, Marie Callendars comes closest to home made crust IMO. I’m fussy about the crust as our family are pie lovers from way back. 

Red heads—I used to be a strawberry blonde, does that count? LOL

A year ago today we were in Gibraltar visiting the apes on the Rock. Good memories!

A90F0E45-E063-4977-86D2-E55D3E034FD2.jpeg

9723020A-F091-4B26-8CED-EEA98B74AD8C.jpeg

07AC9587-B789-4D1F-BD4F-304C67C6D6B0.jpeg

C9BEB6CD-3BB3-48AD-8388-824425D53C10.jpeg

• Like 13

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning (and in my case) afternoon smile.

The dinner suggestion sounds excellent but I had bought a rotisserie chicken on Monday in case we lost power so I guess we better eat that tonight 😉 

Love that quote and like many others, I resemble that remark.

our winds have stopped here now, fortunately and so has the rain so now it’s time for a bit of clean up.  The wind gusts were much higher than what they had called for (as I found out last night 😞 ).  DH and I had a hard time sleeping with the sound of the wind last night.  It persisted stronger and much longer than they had called for.  But we were lucky compared to poor Nova Scotia.   Teddy arrived in Nova Scotia much sooner than anticipated.  The entire Eastern seaboard was ordered evacuated due to the storm.  For those of you that have been - that includes Peggy’s Cove which was in much danger due to the tremendous storm and wave surge.

My prayers to those in Nova Scotia and to Newfoundland where Teddy is hitting next 🙏🏻 

Prayers to everyone on Roy’s Care list and a toast to everyone we are celebrating.

Stay safe everyone and don’t forget your masks.

• Like 10

Ok why is Zaandam in the shipyard. Hopefully it is to make it better for all the great trips next year and not that it is on the block for sale. I plan to do thirty some days on her starting in February. 

I got a weather alert about an hour ago for another wind storm to pass through then a promise of more record breaking warm weather going into October. We will see if anything comes of it but preparing just in case. 

Thanks Rich and everyone. Stay safe. 

• Like 6

Good afternoon, and thank you to Rich for continuing this post each day. Prayers for those on the care list. No pot pie for us today, although I love it, because I ordered cabbage rolls from the local diner. DH and DD aren't into cabbage rolls so they are having chicken strips. 🙄 . The quote fits me to a tea these days. LOL
I discovered the Mojito bar on NCL in 2017, and, now, it's one of the first places I look for....their raspberry mojito is fabulous 🍹 (I've done 3 NCL cruises)

Happy birthday to your beautiful Jasper, @Crazy For Cats

Father, good luck at the doctor's.

Glad the rain is subsiding!

Another beautiful fall day here today! This is our week!

image.jpeg.176f2e67699cd7baa8f6af7954849494.jpeg

Have a blessed day! Be well! Stay safe! Be kind! Wear a mask!

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

I certainly am resembling the quote today!  Reviewing "cruise critic" to avoid a report I need to get out for a group I secretary for!  Just can't seem to get motivated.  ( I think Covid restrictions and lack of being able to get together with friends is making my lack of motivation) 

Rescued Grandson from school today for a nose bleed, it was minor, but schools have to be so cautious, so he came home with us.  Weather is cooler, looks like possibly a few raindrops this evening.  Will help the firefighters in the northwest.

So I have postponed long enough..................time to stop reviewing and get my report done!

Stay safe.

Denise

• Like 7

1 hour ago, lindaler said:

Ok why is Zaandam in the shipyard. Hopefully it is to make it better for all the great trips next year and not that it is on the block for sale. I plan to do thirty some days on her starting in February. 

Copper mentioned that yesterday.  Every ship is required to get periodic hull inspections.  Zaandam was actually due this spring ×and scheduled for Grand Bahama shipyard.  Of course Covid had other ideas and it didn't happen.  There was an opening at Botek now and when she emerges Zaandam will be good for roughly another 2 1/2 years.  I  asked him about Volendam but she got hers in 2019.

Roy

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dismomx5 said:

Good afternoon, and thank you to Rich for continuing this post each day. Prayers for those on the care list. No pot pie for us today, although I love it, because I ordered cabbage rolls from the local diner. DH and DD aren't into cabbage rolls so they are having chicken strips. 🙄 . The quote fits me to a tea these days. LOL
I discovered the Mojito bar on NCL in 2017, and, now, it's one of the first places I look for....their raspberry mojito is fabulous 🍹 (I've done 3 NCL cruises)

Happy birthday to your beautiful Jasper, @Crazy For Cats

Father, good luck at the doctor's.

Glad the rain is subsiding!

Another beautiful fall day here today! This is our week!

image.jpeg.176f2e67699cd7baa8f6af7954849494.jpeg

Have a blessed day! Be well! Stay safe! Be kind! Wear a mask!

Your weather forecast sounds like ours!🤣🤣

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Copper mentioned that yesterday.  Every ship is required to get periodic hull inspections.  Zaandam was actually due this spring ×and scheduled for Grand Bahama shipyard.  Of course Covid had other ideas and it didn't happen.  There was an opening at Botek now and when she emerges Zaandam will be good for roughly another 2 1/2 years.  I  asked him about Volendam but she got hers in 2019.

Roy

Thanks. Sometimes it shows when I don’t check back in later in the day. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lindaler said:

I got a weather alert about an hour ago for another wind storm to pass through then a promise of more record breaking warm weather going into October. We will see if anything comes of it but preparing just in case. 

Thanks Rich and everyone. Stay safe. 

She was due at the Grand Bahama Shipyard in March which was cancelled due to the pandemic. She's making it up for it in Rotterdam instead. It's for routine maintenance

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

🌺Hi everyone!! AGAIN! 
😞😞😞😞

Came back from doing groceries and I got an email from??????? You got it! 
HOLLAND AMERICA!! Okay so 6 cruises we are up to in cancellations. This time the Volendam was cancelled 1/22. I can see the reasoning they have had to cancel the Grand Voyage South America/Antartica for 2021 and are going to go 1/22 on the Volendam. I feel for the people who were cancelled and now having to wait a year.

But for me we were able to get on Volendam’s 18 day circle Hawaii with same Neptune cabin 7006 for Dec.5-23rd 2021!! I pray it happens! It works out great for us. Will have Thanksgiving with our family than set up lights and our artificial tree leave Dec 5th and have the lights go on automatically 👍👍👍

will be back for 🎄 Christmas!

Just sucked to be on the phone for over an hour! My PCC was on leave for surgery so getting someone to help took for ever!

Okay I feel better talking to all of you! 
I hope none of you have cruises that are being cancelled.

Stay safe all and enjoy life!

Denise😊

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺Hi everyone!! AGAIN! 
😞😞😞😞

HOLLAND AMERICA!! Okay so 6 cruises we are up to in cancellations. This time the Volendam was cancelled 1/22. I can see the reasoning they have had to cancel the Grand Voyage South America/Antartica for 2021 and are going to go 1/22 on the Volendam. I feel for the people who were cancelled and now having to wait a year.

But for me we were able to get on Volendam’s 18 day circle Hawaii with same Neptune cabin 7006 for Dec.5-23rd 2021!! I pray it happens! It works out great for us. Will have Thanksgiving with our family than set up lights and our artificial tree leave Dec 5th and have the lights go on automatically 👍👍👍

Just sucked to be on the phone for over an hour! My PCC was on leave for surgery so getting someone to help took for ever!

Denise😊

Hi Denise - Yes, I also got the email regarding my Jan 2, 2022 Sea of Cortez cruise. I don't understand the reasoning for the cancelation, but it's annoying that they just offered this cruise for sale with multiple promotions.  I booked it last month and, like you, planned to apply FCC.  I'm glad you found a good alternative.  I'm doing a Hawaii cruise on the Crystal Serenity in 2022, so the Volendam cruise is not an option for me.  I'm really not interested in HAL's larger ships.  GOOD LUCK to you and everyone who has cruises booked!

Bill

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, CabinBoy2020 said:

Hi Denise - Yes, I also got the email regarding my Jan 2, 2022 Sea of Cortez cruise. I don't understand the reasoning for the cancelation, but it's annoying that they just offered this cruise for sale with multiple promotions.  I booked it last month and, like you, planned to apply FCC.  I'm glad you found a good alternative.  I'm doing a Hawaii cruise on the Crystal Serenity in 2022, so the Volendam cruise is not an option for me.  I'm really not interested in HAL's larger ships.  GOOD LUCK to you and everyone who has cruises booked!

Bill

Hi Bill!

it is frustrating BUT for what ever reason my email said it was due to the canceled 1/21 grand South America/ Anartica cruise and it was being rescheduled again on The Volendam when we were to cruise Sea of Cortez! I am sorry for us but also for the people who now have to wait another year! LOL last cruise was our 2018 South America cruise on the Maasdam!

So now 6 cancelled cruises now again a rebooking and we have a Oceania cruise 17 day in 2022! That comes to 3-4 years waiting 😞

Safe cruising Bill

Denise😊 

• Like 3

Greetings, everyone.   Good news for Jacqui on the Teddy front.  I am sorry to hear Nova Scotia took such a beating.   We're having a bit of a warm up here before we get a cold snap next week.  That is par for the course as my sisters and I have a cabin reserved next week at Salt Fork State Park here in Ohio.   One forecast says rain every day while we're there.   Another says rain only the first day.   In either event, we'll have a wonderful time.

I found some more sunset pictures.   This is from South Haven, Michigan again in 2010.   Lake Michigan - unsalted and shark free.

SH sunset 2010 006.JPG

SH sunset 2010 009.JPG

SH sunset 2010 018.JPG

SH sunset 2010 021.JPG

• Like 10

11 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning, I like the dinner suggestion.  This recipe is close to the recipe I use when making this dish.  https://gatherforbread.com/chicken-pot-pie-pennsylvania-dutch-style/

Today is another birthday celebration.  Jasper also turns 9 today.  Tucker and Jasper came from the same rescue and have been raised as brothers.  They are always near each other.

53EDD90A-658C-4BDD-89D9-8CA3A6C81BB0.jpeg

Happy Birthday Jasper.

He looks very similar to our Polly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺Hi everyone!! AGAIN! 
😞😞😞😞

Denise😊

Denise, pleased to read that you are booked on the Volendam next year, we are big fans of the ship, 7006 is a good location.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Denise, pleased to read that you are booked on the Volendam next year, we are big fans of the ship, 7006 is a good location.

Hi my friend! Thank you erewhon! I was able to keep the same Cabin on this cruise so I am Happy! I just hope we sail fingers crossed 🤞!

Have a great Thursday!

Denise😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dfish said:

Greetings, everyone.   Good news for Jacqui on the Teddy front.  I am sorry to hear Nova Scotia took such a beating.   We're having a bit of a warm up here before we get a cold snap next week.  That is par for the course as my sisters and I have a cabin reserved next week at Salt Fork State Park here in Ohio.   One forecast says rain every day while we're there.   Another says rain only the first day.   In either event, we'll have a wonderful time.

I found some more sunset pictures.   This is from South Haven, Michigan again in 2010.   Lake Michigan - unsalted and shark free.

SH sunset 2010 006.JPG

SH sunset 2010 009.JPG

SH sunset 2010 018.JPG

SH sunset 2010 021.JPG

No more oil spills? When I swam there in the late 50s - there was oil in the water all along the South Haven area shores.

28 minutes ago, Happily@Sea said:

No more oil spills? When I swam there in the late 50s - there was oil in the water all along the South Haven area shores.

I did not notice any spills when we vacationed there.   I think environmental laws were strengthened between 1950 and 2010.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dfish said:

I did not notice any spills when we vacationed there.   I think environmental laws were strengthened between 1950 and 2010.  

That's good. I never have gone back there to swim since I moved away. I'm glad it only lasted a couple of seasons. You don't tend to hear about those things unless you are right in the immediate area. The first one, yes - after that - not usually. Thanks.