FAT Brands (FAT) acquires Johnny Rockets

firefly333

20 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I doubt that many people would care if the franchised name "Johnny Rockets" went away, as long as they could get their burgers, fries and onion rings.

And don’t forget those delicious shakes 👍🏻

Edited by watson50
  • Like 2

Went to Johnny Rockets once many years ago . I dont typically eat burgers on a cruise.

Breakfast was ok , i think i have been there twice.

Dont think i would miss it at all .

I have read on these boards that Guys burgers on that other cruise line is better and free

all day long. Never been on Carnival  , so just going on what i read.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, loman said:

Went to Johnny Rockets once many years ago . I dont typically eat burgers on a cruise.

Breakfast was ok , i think i have been there twice.

Dont think i would miss it at all .

I have read on these boards that Guys burgers on that other cruise line is better and free

all day long. Never been on Carnival  , so just going on what i read.

I've done both. Guys burgers are pretty darn good and has a side place with sauted onion and mushrooms I especially love. Tbh breakfast and the onion rings are my favorite at Johnny rockets, though I enjoyed the show they put on. Dont remember their burgers being as good or varied as guys. 

Existing contracts between companies like Royal and JR are not usually immediately impacted with acquisitions or takeovers.  The acquiring company typically is still bound by any contracts they acquire.

Long term there could be implications.  The new "owners" might not like having their brand associated with cruise ships, not that there is a lot of exposure while ships are dormant.  It could also depend what they intend to do with the JR brand.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I've done both. Guys burgers are pretty darn good and has a side place with sauted onion and mushrooms I especially love. Tbh breakfast and the onion rings are my favorite at Johnny rockets, though I enjoyed the show they put on. Dont remember their burgers being as good or varied as guys. 

Same here.  Guy's Burgers was head and shoulders above Johnny Rockets.

We did JRs once for breakfast.  Never again.  Think about a totally unhealthy breakfast that wasn't very good.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, yogimax said:

We did JRs once for breakfast.  Never again.  Think about a totally unhealthy breakfast that wasn't very good.

Was a Novelty to me. Ate there for Dinner on a Formal nite in Feb2000 on the then brand new Voyager. Cost then was $5 a head, at time they didnt do Breakfast yet. Chops was $20, start of Pay Restaurant and many extras in Cruise and Airline Industry. Fly Allegiant 8-10 times a yr. Ticket Base price $68, Taxes $15, reserved Exit Row Window seat $28. Though worth it, with CV been having the Row to myself...

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

JR for breakfast on the Boardwalk is pure awesomeness.  Get the hash browns with everything. And ad a fried egg on top.👍

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

JR for breakfast on the Boardwalk is pure awesomeness.  Get the hash browns with everything. And ad a fried egg on top.👍

I love the hash browns but being Irish I love potatoes.

Sonic we eat sometimes. They need to toast their hamburger buns then I'd like them better.