Hotel

sasue

On 10/17/2020 at 3:41 PM, TTEllis said:

It is absolutely NOT a real Hyatt, the location back in that hole sucks. I thought I booked the Hyatt Pier 66 down the street. You live and learn. I don't know anything about Embassy Suites other than we have one here in Charleston that blows ass. 

The Hyatt Place is very much a "real" Hyatt hotel. The Pier 66 is no longer a Hyatt and closed over a year ago for badly needed renovations.

Not sure how one confuses a Hyatt Place with a Hyatt Regency.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 2:17 AM, scottca075 said:

The Hyatt Place is very much a "real" Hyatt hotel. The Pier 66 is no longer a Hyatt and closed over a year ago for badly needed renovations.

Not sure how one confuses a Hyatt Place with a Hyatt Regency.

It didn't close for renovations.  It's being rebuilt as condos.

2 hours ago, BlueHerons said:

It didn't close for renovations.  It's being rebuilt as condos.

Pier 66 Hotel & Marina

"With its iconic spire-topped tower, amenities, marina and exceptional waterfront location, the South Florida waterside resort commands a distinction as the social harbor of Fort Lauderdale. Its marina serves as the oceanic gateway into the yachting capital of the world, creating a seamless connection between land and sea, marina and destination. Providing a world-class tropical haven for locals, guests and visitors to feel welcome and drift away in sanctuary, discovery and connection.

Created by Tavistock Hotel Collection, welcome to the new harbor side of life. Welcome to the new Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina."

12 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

Created by Tavistock Hotel Collection, welcome to the new harbor side of life. Welcome to the new Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina."

Never heard of this Company; just checked their web site.  "The New Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina" are due to open in 2022.  The representations of the property surely look appealing, although much (?) of the lovely grounds of the former Phillips (anyone remember that affiliation ?)  and Hyatt Pier 66 may have been lost.   

The Company itself seems to have only 3 properties:  2 in Orlando and this one.  Lots can happen between now and "opening date" in 2022.  May I be skeptical that this will become reality?  

5 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Never heard of this Company; just checked their web site.  "The New Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina" are due to open in 2022.  The representations of the property surely look appealing, although much (?) of the lovely grounds of the former Phillips (anyone remember that affiliation ?)  and Hyatt Pier 66 may have been lost.   

The Company itself seems to have only 3 properties:  2 in Orlando and this one.  Lots can happen between now and "opening date" in 2022.  May I be skeptical that this will become reality?  

It's being locally marketed as boat condos.

Yes, I do remember the Phillips 66 affiliation!

My girlfriend had her wedding reception there and not her son is getting married next October and the tower will not be opened in time for his rehearsal dinner.

Edited by BlueHerons

11 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

The Tavistock Group is a long established development company in multiple, diversified fields.

22 minutes ago, BlueHerons said:

It's being locally marketed as boat condos.

Yes, I do remember the Phillips 66 affiliation!

My girlfriend had her wedding reception there and not her son is getting married next October and the tower will not be opened in time for his rehearsal dinner.

I really enjoyed this hotel!  I first stayed there when Phillips was involved with the property and then several times under the Hyatt umbrella.  Never had a Tower room; the two floor buildings' accommodations were very nice with very easy access to the lovely hotel grounds and pool.  The Pier Top Lounge was a favorite.  As time went by, for whatever reasons, the hotel's management had difficulty meeting Hyatt's standards.  After one rather disappointing stay, I stayed at the Hyatt Coral Gables the next couple of days.  (They fully met Hyatt's standards.)  I mentioned my reaction to my just completed to stay in Fort Lauderdale.  The manager's reaction was something like "we have heard that they are having some issues".  The closing of The Pier Top Lounge caused me to book my preferred Marriott properties with both Marriott Harbor Beach and the Marriott Fort Lauderdale North Hotel being my current favorites.  

We ALWAYS stay at the Sonesta in Fort Lauderdale.  It's about .7 miles down the road from the Galleria Mall, beach is right across the street, and service, staff, food is excellent at the hotel.  The World Famous Parrot Bar is behind the  hotel, and Primanti's Pizza is a block away.  They have delicious pizza and very reasonable breakfasts too.  There are also many other restaurants within walking distance.  You won't be disappointed!

On 11/6/2020 at 7:58 AM, LadyBerard said:

We ALWAYS stay at the Sonesta in Fort Lauderdale.  It's about .7 miles down the road from the Galleria Mall, beach is right across the street, and service, staff, food is excellent at the hotel.  The World Famous Parrot Bar is behind the  hotel, and Primanti's Pizza is a block away.  They have delicious pizza and very reasonable breakfasts too.  There are also many other restaurants within walking distance.  You won't be disappointed!

I've been by The Sonesta many times that place is awesome, I just could never get it on Hotwire. I would definitely stay there the property is beautiful and clean. Great location, everything right there. I'm going to keep it mind for next year. Thanks Todd