Choosing a cabin

glennbtn

1 hour ago, glennbtn said:

So we have FCC but only our original deposit as cancelled before payment. 

trying to book and can’t see any way of booking a cabin number or deck just an area. Is this correct now you can no longer book a certain cabin? 

One of the benefits of booking Select is you pick your cabin number,obc or free coach or parking,free shuttles in port and Dining choice.

Saver fares do not give you these benefits.

When you choose a cabin it should give you a choice of Saver or Select Fare.If you choose Select 'Your cabin' will come up but at this point you need to click on 'change cabin' and then 'I want to choose cabin' which should take you to a layout of decks and cabins.Hope that makes sense!

• Like 1

On 9/26/2020 at 9:31 PM, ann141 said:

When you choose a cabin it should give you a choice of Saver or Select Fare.If you choose Select 'Your cabin' will come up but at this point you need to click on 'change cabin' and then 'I want to choose cabin' which should take you to a layout of decks and cabins.Hope that makes sense!

This is true and continues to be a pain as you have to go to the bottom of the page and confirm everything you change, otherwise the change does not remain when you go by to the next page.  As Jean said fiddly.  Any price differences are shown to top RHS of screen as prices vary for different locations, so keep an eye on that as well.

On 9/26/2020 at 4:38 PM, glennbtn said:

So we have FCC but only our original deposit as cancelled before payment. 

trying to book and can’t see any way of booking a cabin number or deck just an area. Is this correct now you can no longer book a certain cabin? 

Just give P&O a ring (or agent) and they will give you a full choice of available cabins if you book a select fare. Personally, I wouldn’t make a booking online but it may just be an age thing☹️

Edited by pete14

I don't make bookings online but do use the website to help me choose a cabin and to see the cost of a particular grade of cabin.I then either phone P and O  and book direct  or via a TA who may be able to answer any queries (not already answered on cruise critic!)

39 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I don't make bookings online but do use the website to help me choose a cabin and to see the cost of a particular grade of cabin.I then either phone P and O  and book direct  or via a TA who may be able to answer any queries (not already answered on cruise critic!)

I agree, in the sense that the P&O online web page is so unwieldy that it much easier to book via a TA rather than online. Over the years, I, and many others here, have booked flights, car hire, hotels etc  direct, with all the supplying  companies showing all possible availability at the time of booking. ie next car grade, better or worse hotel room etc.

How is it possible that P&O still uses an outdated booking system that does not show realtime cabin and pricing availability,  together with a complete deckplan matrix?

Edited by wowzz

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

I agree, in the sense that the P&O online web page is so unwieldy that it much easier to book via a TA rather than online. Over the years, I, and many others here, have booked flights, car hire, hotels etc  direct, with all the supplying  companies showing all possible availability at the time of booking. ie next car grade, better or worse hotel room etc.

How is it possible that P&O still uses an outdated booking system that does not show realtime cabin and pricing availability,  together with a complete deckplan matrix?

The latest P&O booking system is better than the old one, but it is very clunky and too often resets itself, taking you back a few pages.  The Princess booking system is far easier to use and gets you to your chosen cabin grade in far fewer clicks and far less exasperation.

I find once you have narrowed down to a specific cruise sitting at home with a brochure open at the deck-plans, phone up the cruise line.  You may then discuss things with the agent and sound out whether you can move up a grade or type for a low cost and agree on what you want.

Regards John

29 minutes ago, john watson said:

I find once you have narrowed down to a specific cruise sitting at home with a brochure open at the deck-plans, phone up the cruise line.  You may then discuss things with the agent and sound out whether you can move up a grade or type for a low cost and agree on what you want.

Regards John

Likewise although, I find the deck plans in the brochure to be too small, so on the last couple of occasions I've had the plans loaded on to my ipad so I can zoom in to see where they are.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

Likewise although, I find the deck plans in the brochure to be too small, so on the last couple of occasions I've had the plans loaded on to my ipad so I can zoom in to see where they are.

I often find myself putting my finger and thumb on the deck plans in the brochure, in a pointless attempt to try and expand the picture. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, purplesea said:

I just use a magnifying glass.

• Like 1