cabin upgrades

bones774

hi, scheduled to do a 12 day coastal voyage on the Richard With. Wondering about cabin upgrades? does H bump up cabin cat where avail? or offer upgrades at pier on embarkation? sailing at less than full cap they should have empties. I know the majors do it, I've even had free upgrades on several lines.

thanks

I don't think they do offer upgrades, but I may be wrong.

However, when is your trip booked for and are you aware of the mandatory 10 day quarantine on entering Norway at the moment?

You may want to have a look at current cancellations at https://www.hurtigruten.co.uk/practical-information/coronavirus-update/sailings-and-cancellations/.

yes I am aware of quarantine, booked for end of Dec. Probably less than 50% chance of it happening, hoping to transfer to a Feb at that time if cancelled

The coastal will sail, they are a lifeline for country, just no foreigners  onboard

Edited by bones774

Usually when they have available cabins you can get an upgrade at boarding but not for free, you have to pay something (less than what it would have cost you originally, but still).

I have been upgraded for free a couple of times on a port-to-port journey, I had booked an unspecified inside cabin and got a cabin with a view. But I have their frequent travellers card. I've never been upgraded on a full round trip. 

However all this was pre-Covid and I don't know if their policy have changed about that especially if the ships are less full.

5 hours ago, SarniaLo said:

Usually when they have available cabins you can get an upgrade at boarding but not for free, you have to pay something (less than what it would have cost you originally, but still).

I have been upgraded for free a couple of times on a port-to-port journey, I had booked an unspecified inside cabin and got a cabin with a view. But I have their frequent travellers card. I've never been upgraded on a full round trip. 

However all this was pre-Covid and I don't know if their policy have changed about that especially if the ships are less full.

that all sounds reasonable, I have ambassador status maybe that helps if it costs a few $$$ ok or free better. thanks

Edited by bones774