Need help from those knowledgeable about CWC and FCC

SarahD112

Here’s my situation...I have $1000 FCC from Anthem cruise I cancelled this summer that expires 12/31/21.

I lifted and shifted March 14 2021 Oasis to March 12 2022 Symphony when my son’s college cancelled spring break for 2021. (48 hours after I booked airfare)

This is where I should have stopped. But didn’t. Wanting a vacation and needing to work around college semesters (son just switched to pre-vet so will need to take a couple courses over the 2021 summer), I booked Allure on May 3rd for five of us, $1250 deposit. Three days later, college realizes they made semester one week too short on revised schedule and moves finals to...week of May 3rd. 

So...only other options for cruising in 2021 (and using the $1000 FCC) are two weeks in August between summer and fall semesters, or mid December, between finals and Christmas. Here’s what I would like to do and I need someone to make sure I’m not missing something...

I’d like to book Freedom on December 12, 2021. I can use $1000 FCC from cancelled Anthem that expires at the end of 2021. My options for May 3rd...as I read it, it can be applied to my Symphony sailing in March of 2022 IF I wait until one year prior to Symphony sailing to cancel May 3rd Allure. Cruise with Confidence says FCC good for sailing on or before 12/31/21 OR one year from cancellation, whichever is later. So if I wait until April 1 2021, to be safe, to cancel Allure May 3rd sailing, it would be good until April 1, 2022. So that’s fine. The downside is, I’d have to pay the May 3rd cruise in full in February. Payment due then, but if I cancel before then, the FCC would expire before my March 2022 cruise. And I can’t apply it to December 2021 Freedom because it says one FCC per person. Sounds like some people have had luck in getting them stacked, that is not how my 2020 is shaking out when it comes to vacation planning. Here’s where it gets sticky...the travel agent FAQ says “FCC should be used on new bookings, however we understand that your client may have an existing booking with the deposit paid in anticipation for the certificate amount. Your clients can opt to apply the FCC amount to cover any amount due towards the cruise fare on the booking.” And no I’m not a travel agent but their FAQs have more info. So as I read it, if I pay in full for May 3rd and wait until April 1 to cancel, I can apply the amount towards March 2022. Has anyone had any trouble applying FCC to a lift & shift? I can’t find anything that addresses that scenario. Will RCCL give me trouble in applying the FCC to an existing booking, even though it says it’s ok to do that? Am I better off paying the $100 per person change fee and just moving the May 3rd booking to December 12 and applying my FCC? Seems much simpler, less risky...but costs me $500. Are there other issues I’m missing altogether? I know this is long, thanks to any who have made it this far! 

9 minutes ago, SarahD112 said:

Here’s my situation...I have $1000 FCC from Anthem cruise I cancelled this summer that expires 12/31/21.

I lifted and shifted March 14 2021 Oasis to March 12 2022 Symphony when my son’s college cancelled spring break for 2021. (48 hours after I booked airfare)

This is where I should have stopped. But didn’t. Wanting a vacation and needing to work around college semesters (son just switched to pre-vet so will need to take a couple courses over the 2021 summer), I booked Allure on May 3rd for five of us, $1250 deposit. Three days later, college realizes they made semester one week too short on revised schedule and moves finals to...week of May 3rd. 

So...only other options for cruising in 2021 (and using the $1000 FCC) are two weeks in August between summer and fall semesters, or mid December, between finals and Christmas. Here’s what I would like to do and I need someone to make sure I’m not missing something...

I’d like to book Freedom on December 12, 2021. I can use $1000 FCC from cancelled Anthem that expires at the end of 2021. My options for May 3rd...as I read it, it can be applied to my Symphony sailing in March of 2022 IF I wait until one year prior to Symphony sailing to cancel May 3rd Allure. Cruise with Confidence says FCC good for sailing on or before 12/31/21 OR one year from cancellation, whichever is later. So if I wait until April 1 2021, to be safe, to cancel Allure May 3rd sailing, it would be good until April 1, 2022. So that’s fine. The downside is, I’d have to pay the May 3rd cruise in full in February. Payment due then, but if I cancel before then, the FCC would expire before my March 2022 cruise. And I can’t apply it to December 2021 Freedom because it says one FCC per person. Sounds like some people have had luck in getting them stacked, that is not how my 2020 is shaking out when it comes to vacation planning. Here’s where it gets sticky...the travel agent FAQ says “FCC should be used on new bookings, however we understand that your client may have an existing booking with the deposit paid in anticipation for the certificate amount. Your clients can opt to apply the FCC amount to cover any amount due towards the cruise fare on the booking.” And no I’m not a travel agent but their FAQs have more info. So as I read it, if I pay in full for May 3rd and wait until April 1 to cancel, I can apply the amount towards March 2022. Has anyone had any trouble applying FCC to a lift & shift? I can’t find anything that addresses that scenario. Will RCCL give me trouble in applying the FCC to an existing booking, even though it says it’s ok to do that? Am I better off paying the $100 per person change fee and just moving the May 3rd booking to December 12 and applying my FCC? Seems much simpler, less risky...but costs me $500. Are there other issues I’m missing altogether? I know this is long, thanks to any who have made it this far! 

You can absolutely apply a FCC to a cruise that’s been shifted.  You won’t be able to stack any of your FCC’s.  No issues in applying to an existing booking.  

if you move bookings before Sept 30th the change fees are waived. 

the second sailing should have an apply by date of Dec 31 but a sail by date of April 2022

Edited by Ourusualbeach

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can absolutely apply a FCC to a cruise that’s been shifted.  You won’t be able to stack any of your FCC’s.  No issues in applying to an existing booking.  

the second sailing should have an apply by date of Dec 31 but a sail by date of Soril 2022

Not going to lie...you are the one I hoped would respond. 😂 Are you saying I can move my May 3rd booking to a December 12th booking without change fees? And it won’t show up as a FCC? Because I have to use my anthem FCC for that one. 

What do you mean the second sailing should have an apply by date of Dec 31 but sail by April 2022? Not sure which part of my mess you’re referring to? 

Edited by SarahD112
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, SarahD112 said:

Not going to lie...you are the one I hoped would respond. 😂 Are you saying I can move my May 3rd booking to a December 12th booking without change fees? And it won’t show up as a FCC? Because I have to use my anthem FCC for that one. 

What do you mean the second sailing should have an apply by date of Dec 31 but sail by April 2022? Not sure which part of my mess you’re referring to? 

Sorry, you can only move deposits to a new booking.  If it’s to an existing booking it has to be by FCC

BTW, I’ll see you on board Symphony in 2022

Edited by Ourusualbeach

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

the second sailing should have an apply by date of Dec 31 but a sail by date of April 2022

I’ve a similar question. 

I have a cruise booked for next Feb on Symphony that I think I’m going to cancel before final payment - British Airways have already cancelled our flights . Will I be able to apply the fcc from Symphony to a L&S I have already done for Odyssey in March 2022? (other fcc’s I’ve already received say a ‘sail by’ date of Dec 21 as I’m collecting too many fcc’s 

thx

2 hours ago, weejasser said:

I’ve a similar question. 

I have a cruise booked for next Feb on Symphony that I think I’m going to cancel before final payment - British Airways have already cancelled our flights . Will I be able to apply the fcc from Symphony to a L&S I have already done for Odyssey in March 2022? (other fcc’s I’ve already received say a ‘sail by’ date of Dec 21 as I’m collecting too many fcc’s 

thx

This is where I have heard different things.

the FAQ’s state that for sailings cancelled by the guests they expire Dec 31, 2021 or 12 months from the day you cancel.

it is sailings cancelled by Royal that expire that have an apply by date of Dec 31, 2021 and a sail by date of April 2022.

i am not sure if they have extended the sail by date to cruises that guests have elected to cancel.

16 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Sorry, you can only move deposits to a new booking.  If it’s to an existing booking it has to be by FCC

BTW, I’ll see you on board Symphony in 2022

I haven’t booked December yet, so it would be new booking. Great news - thanks!

See you on Symphony! I’m excited for a new-to-me ship. Even more excited that I didn’t have to pay 2022 rates. 😂

1 minute ago, SarahD112 said:

I haven’t booked December yet, so it would be new booking. Great news - thanks!

See you on Symphony! I’m excited for a new-to-me ship. Even more excited that I didn’t have to pay 2022 rates. 😂

Look at prices for Dec 2020.  If lower than 2021 move your deposit to 2020 then shift to 2021 

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Look at prices for Dec 2020.  If lower than 2021 move your deposit to 2020 then shift to 2021 

Haha - it wasn’t. But I did get it moved, so thanks for the help. I completely missed that they were waiving change fees and I would’ve missed the deadline if not for you! I got everything moved over today with hardly any wait. My kids chose one of the new staterooms they put on deck 12 where part of adventure ocean was. I think they’ll love the location. 

1 minute ago, SarahD112 said:

Haha - it wasn’t. But I did get it moved, so thanks for the help. I completely missed that they were waiving change fees and I would’ve missed the deadline if not for you! I got everything moved over today with hardly any wait. My kids chose one of the new staterooms they put on deck 12 where part of adventure ocean was. I think they’ll love the location. 

Glad to hear everything worked out.