Non Australian booking P&O Australia for Mar-Apr 2021

drsel

Can a non ANZ cruiser book a P&O Australia Cruise?

How does one do it? Directly on PO Australia website?

I have first cousins who are Australian citizens living in Perth, if that's of any use. (But they don't like to Cruise)

Can't find any agents for PO Australia.

Thanks

You'd be dreaming if you think you're going to get into Australia as early as next March!  Maybe NZers will be allowed in - and maybe  people from place that have controlled COVID like China, Taiwan, othe rparts of Asia. But if you are US or UK- forget about it. As it is even Australians outside of WA can't visit WA ! 

You'd be dreaming if you think you're going to get into Australia as early as next March!  Maybe NZers will be allowed in - and maybe  people from place that have controlled COVID like China, Taiwan, othe rparts of Asia. But if you are US or UK- forget about it. As it is even Australians outside of WA can't visit WA ! 
But I expect the vaccine will be available by then or the virus will mutate into a less infectious form.

This happened hundred years ago with the Spanish flu despite there being no antiviral drugs or vaccines

When you think Cruises will resume from Sydney and Brisbane?

If the Australian government does not allow cruises, what will happen to all the bookings in April and March 2021?

Will they allow only local Australians to board the cruises or will they cancel the cruises, sinse international passengers from US UK cannot enter Australia?

There is talk from the Australian government about cruising resuming in small ships (<300pax) as early as Christmas, and larger ships early 2021.

Obviously, this all depends on the Australian states keeping the virus at bay (It seem VIC isn't far off having it controlled, and the rest are doing a great job).

They have not mentioned opening their international borders, other than to similarly COVID controlled countries (NZ, Pacific Islands, Taiwan, Vietnam, China(?)).

This will reduce the number of ships that visit Australia as obviously they cannot bring in passengers from overseas, and they won't be doing cruises to or from COVID countries. I would think that the lines that base ships in AU/NZ will be planning to resume cruising with AU/NZ passengers around AU/NZ/Pacific Islands as early as January (fingers crossed).

From the cruise lines point of view, however, they have to crew these ships, and will have to have a way of ensuring those crew are ALL COVID free when they board. In my view, the crew are the biggest obstacle to cruising resuming safely in AU and NZ.

I hope they can work it out. I have a cruise ex-Auckland booked for the end of April (to Fiji and back).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2020 at 11:08 AM, drsel said:

How does one do it? Directly on PO Australia website?

I've never seen anything that says you can't. If there are problems you can always try calling them direct on +612 94328500.

If that doesn't work I would try an Australian online TA.

On 9/27/2020 at 11:08 AM, drsel said:

Can't find any agents for PO Australia

I don't know of any local online TAs that don't sell P&O Oz. There are lots around, you don't need to be a Guru to find someone selling Oz cruises.

As an aside it's worth noting that P&O Oz cruises can count toward your Princess Captain's Circle points, but you don't get anything from P&O itself.

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2020 at 6:07 AM, drsel said:

When you think Cruises will resume from Sydney and Brisbane?

If the Australian government does not allow cruises, what will happen to all the bookings in April and March 2021?

Will they allow only local Australians to board the cruises or will they cancel the cruises, sinse international passengers from US UK cannot enter Australia?

Hi, I just found this post.

There is a cruise pause until March 17th.  Let's hope it doesn't get extended again.

As to when the government will allow tourists in - I think that will depend on where you are coming from.  If it's a known hotspot - forget it.

The vaccine only works if the majority of people take it, and only time will tell if that's the case.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...