Cruises to Istanbul

Mitina

Interesting. Just last week we changed our scheduled booking of Ancient Mediterranean Treasures ( Athens to Istanbul ) on April 25, 2021 for a few reasons, including the pandemic. We rebooked the Ancient Adriatic Treasures ( Venice to Istanbul ) for October 8, 2022. As you said, our old sailing is now missing from the website, as is the new one. Both our new cruise, and the river cruise  we have booked for October of 2021, are currently inaccessible on My Viking Journey. I assume their are site changes underway, but I expect both of my cruises to reappear before long. At least I truly hope they will !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mitina said:

As of this morning, it looks like the only cruises including Istanbul are in the Fall of 2021 and 2022.  Our April 2021 cruise is now missing from My Viking Journey.  No listed sailings in Spring or Summer.

Maybe Viking is making some changes:

https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/western-mediterranean/ancient-mediterranean-treasures/index.html  and https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/western-mediterranean/ancient-adriatic-treasures/pricing.html with April, May June, '21 sail dates

Try adding your April, '21 booking to MVJ. If it won't add, talk with your TA in the morning.

4 hours ago, Squawkman said:

I have 6 cruises booked, and none are available in MVJ right now. Could be system maintenance (commonly done Sundays). If it’s not there tomorrow, I suggest calling  Viking or your agent.

Careful, readers,  there is a difference between not being able to access a booking and the booking is missing from the drop-down list of your bookings. Viking Expeditions still are not available on MVJ yet. You can add the booking and you can navigate to the booking but all you see is a message saying that they are still working on it.

Especially if your MVJ has been upgraded in the past few days, if bookings are missing from the drop down list (found by clicking on the arrow where is says "WELCOME, SO-AND-SO), add them manual (in the same dropdown menu, where it says "ADD BOOKING"). 

image.png.4583477fffd50a18296b9ee66a91fc4b.png

I was upgraded on Friday morning and had to manually add one of our sailings. Not all of the information I had on the old MVJ carried over; under Air Preference, I had to add in our Global Entry numbers (also referred to as Known Traveler Number (KTN)) and restore a couple of settings.

1 minute ago, Mitina said:

Good news.  Everything's back on the website and no itinerary changes.  That's a relief.

all of mine are back there too. I did have a situation 2 weeks ago when one cruise was removed. I was waiting for my Viking rep to be available, so I checked just before I was going to call - and it was back and correct.

2 hours ago, SuSuTrav said:

I am very surprised by the number of posters who have future reservations for a cruise. Will you sail before a vaccine is available? Or wait? 

While Covid numbers are on the rise in many states and parts of Europe, here in California we are seeing the benefits of masks and social distancing and the numbers are down considerably.  I'm not certain if a vaccine will be available in quantities such that we can get it prior to April 2021 (first responders and healthcare workers will be first in line), but given that my wife is 65 and that we have booked travel, I think that will help us get higher in line to get the vaccine.

If we don't get the vaccine and Viking allows the cruise to go, we will travel.  The wearing of masks and social distancing is effective.  We are fine if Viking restricts passengers to self-contained pods with tours and no self-touring.

Remember that much of the positive cases at the moment in North America are due to young people failing to follow proper protocol.

• Like 1

We have a Greek cruise (Athens to Athens, Ephesus, but not Istanbul) booked for next May, payment is due next month.  We will probably cancel before full payment is due, given the pandemic.  Even if the cruise sails, I don't think it will be much fun with a lot of restrictions.  We will wait to cruise until a vaccine is widely available and the pandemic is under control.

On 10/3/2020 at 10:53 AM, klh720 said:

We have a Greek cruise (Athens to Athens, Ephesus, but not Istanbul) booked for next May, payment is due next month.  We will probably cancel before full payment is due, given the pandemic.  Even if the cruise sails, I don't think it will be much fun with a lot of restrictions.  We will wait to cruise until a vaccine is widely available and the pandemic is under control.

Sorta our thoughts as well.......we're used to masking up everyday now but not sure how much fun it would be on a cruise.