Who has lifted and shifted or plan on it?

miched

12 minutes ago, sakigemcam said:

I just called for a March 21 Reflection cruise and our only options were moving to M class and different itineraries. I'm really disappointed. While M class is lovely for some we need "more"as in S class or Edge class. And Celebrity reps were most unhelpful. Stuck between a rock and a hard place. 

It seems we all have different experience with this process though it should be more consistent but I guess it depends on the CSR who takes the call.  Last I called at 10:45 pm, lovely lady, Dominique was my CSR.  I had 2 cruises booked on Summit, Jan 2021 and Jan 2022.  Could not due a true L&S from 2021 because I already had the same cabin booked for 2022 cruise.  The 2022 was bit more $ but she moved my 2021 deposit to 2022 and gave me more OBC.  Entire process took 20 minutes. I was very pleased.

3 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

It seems we all have different experience with this process though it should be more consistent but I guess it depends on the CSR who takes the call.  Last I called at 10:45 pm, lovely lady, Dominique was my CSR.  I had 2 cruises booked on Summit, Jan 2021 and Jan 2022.  Could not due a true L&S from 2021 because I already had the same cabin booked for 2022 cruise.  The 2022 was bit more $ but she moved my 2021 deposit to 2022 and gave me more OBC.  Entire process took 20 minutes. I was very pleased.

I literally called 3 times, got 3 depressed CSRs and then called Captain's Club and she was equally depressed. Like, it's 2020, everyone's depressed, at least show some knowledge about your work and enthusiasm to help customers.

I did a L&S for an August 2020 Alaska cruise to Aug 2021 since I had a NRD and I didn't want to make final payment since I was waiting for reimbursement for a May Norway cruise and British Airways refund (still waiting on BA refund-had to do credit card dispute).  

Not sure my options if I decide it's not worth going (if it's not cancelled).

• Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 7:48 PM, mimbecky said:

When does lift and shift end?  We took the opportunity for our Sept 2020 to Alaska and are now going next year.  I assume that will be safe BUT we have a May 2021 to Norway.  I have been thinking of lifting and shifting that one too but there are NO cruises to Norway 2022!  Kind of hard to L and S if there is nothing available.  I don't want to do FCC because prices are so much higher in general that it isn't worth it. I obviously have until Feb to cancel altogether but I am not 65 yet, have no underlying and retired.  I will be last on the vaccine list so who knows when THAT will happen.

M

We did a L&S on our September 2020 cruise out of Southampton, UK to September 2021.  It was easy and we did not have to take the same cruise if we had chosen not to.  Hoping for a proven vaccine by then because we will not be the first in line for one without the FDA's approval for safety.

1 hour ago, katrina915 said:

I did a L&S for an August 2020 Alaska cruise to Aug 2021 since I had a NRD and I didn't want to make final payment since I was waiting for reimbursement for a May Norway cruise and British Airways refund (still waiting on BA refund-had to do credit card dispute).  

Not sure my options if I decide it's not worth going (if it's not cancelled).

Same here- we did lift and shift because

1) NRD

2) Final payment do soon and tired of thinking about this vacation- did not want Celebrity to have another $6K of our money

3) Apex is still in France and no communication from Celebrity on plan for Apex- very disappointing

4) Tired of paying and then having to fight to get money back

5) Tired of Celebrity keeping our money-  Celebrity has $ 900.00 NRD from our August 2020 Baltics Cruise so we booked fall 2021 to Spain and Portugal and they have $ 500.00 NRD deposit for Apex January 2021 so we lift and shifted to January 2022.

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Lift and Shift (and the entire Cruise with Confidence program) has just been extended until Nov 30.  Celebrity website has been updated.

Maybe by then there will be something for me to lift and shift to.

Both TA and Celebrity site says there is nothing available.

Edited by mimbecky

31 minutes ago, mimbecky said:

Maybe by then there will be something for me to lift and shift to.

Both TA and Celebrity site says there is nothing available.

Are you expecting Celebrity to add cruises? While they have extended the booking date, the "sail by" date remains the same.

13 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Are you expecting Celebrity to add cruises? While they have extended the booking date, the "sail by" date remains the same.

They will have to add cruises in that area eventually.  There is NOTHING in the Norway area 2022.  That being said, I am not expecting anything especially until things are looking up.  A girl can dream.

I also didn't realize there was a sail by date.  I thought you could sail one year forward.  There are a lot of cruises scheduled in 2022, just not in that area.

44 minutes ago, mimbecky said:

They will have to add cruises in that area eventually.  There is NOTHING in the Norway area 2022.  That being said, I am not expecting anything especially until things are looking up.  A girl can dream.

I also didn't realize there was a sail by date.  I thought you could sail one year forward.  There are a lot of cruises scheduled in 2022, just not in that area.

Yes, the L&S rules require your new cruise to embark no later than May 2, 2022. When Celebrity announces its summer 2022 schedule, including Norway, you still won't be able to L&S to these cruises.

• Thanks 1

I booked a September 2021 Greek Islands cruise with friends. We wanted to Lift & Shift to September 2022. Sailings for Europe 2022 aren’t published yet. Since L&S expires today, we don’t have that option!
I find it interesting that the L&S expires before 2022 sailings are available to “shift” to. Coincidence??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

6 minutes ago, Honeybadger418 said:

I booked a September 2021 Greek Islands cruise with friends. We wanted to Lift & Shift to September 2022. Sailings for Europe 2022 aren’t published yet. Since L&S expires today, we don’t have that option!
I find it interesting that the L&S expires before 2022 sailings are available to “shift” to. Coincidence??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

First of all, L&S has been extended to the end of November. Secondly, while you have an extended period to apply for L&S, all cruises booked under the program must embark on or before May 2, 2022. Consequently, the summer 2022 sailings won't be available for L&S anyway.

Persistence is sometimes necessary.  I tried to L&S our Vanuatu/NC cruise from December this year to a NZ cruise at the end of Nov 2021.  There was no other option that would work and we had a fabulous deal on a Sky Suite that I didn't want to lose.  The NZ cruise was one day longer.  I called Celebrity and was told it couldn't be done.  I also checked the website where you put in your cruise details and it tells you what options you have.  Mine showed zero!

Never one to take no for an initial answer I waited a day or two and called late in the afternoon.  It was a spur of the moment decision.  After explaining what I wanted to do, adding we were happy to pay for the extra day and that I knew via CC and FB that people were changing to  different itineraries and ships, he went away and spoke to a supervisor.  When he came back he said yes, we can do that for you.  I was stunned but extremely happy.    They worked out a price for the extra day, which we were very happy with.  He stressed that the invoice would take a few days to reflect the correct price and not to panic when I check my bookings as the listed price was triple the price we paid.  Three days later the new and correct price appeared.  We did have to change cabins as ours was taken but I think we may have gotten a better cabin in any case.

To say we are happy is an understatement.  Different ship, different itinerary, different cabin but the same price plus the extra day.  Now to hope and pray the cruise goes ahead.  As it's over a year away we are quietly hopeful. It will be our first suite and we are really looking forward to the experience.

• Like 1

We have L&S  our spring 2021 OZ/NZ cruise, Great Barrier Reef cruise and our TP from Sydney to Hawaii cruise to 2022. It was no problem to L&S our first 2 cruises online but Celebrity showed no option for our TP🤥. Having read that some people on our Roll Call had success doing L&S for that cruise I called our TA and asked him to try with Celebrity to get us L&S. It took 4 days to get an answer but he was successful with our request.😁

We have had to make some adjustments with our cruising plans. Instead of a closed loop Australia/NZ cruise leaving from Sydney we now have a a cruise from Auckland to Sydney. Celebrity is not offering B2B2B itinerary that we had for '21 in '22 so we have had to add a 9 day South Pacific Island cruise in there too. We now have a B2B2B, then get off for 2 days to sight see in Sydney. Celebrity has a 2 day sampler cruise then and since we won't be starting in Sydney this is our chance to see it. Then we are back on for our TP to Hawaii. The '22 TP is 1 day less than '21 but to book the '22 cruise is now 2K more than we originally booked so I'll take the L&S on that one.  Oh we originally  booked the Solstice and now are on the Eclipse. We were in SV on deck 8 but now are in a SV on deck 7. We are okay with this as it means we won't have to change cabins on the first 3 cruises and we have connecting cabins with our friends who are cruising with us. We have had to take a guarantee SV for our TP but as long as we have a SV we are good.

On 9/29/2020 at 11:23 AM, HappyCamper49 said:

We did a L&S on our September 2020 cruise out of Southampton, UK to September 2021.  It was easy and we did not have to take the same cruise if we had chosen not to.  Hoping for a proven vaccine by then because we will not be the first in line for one without the FDA's approval for safety.

In the US you will not get the vaccine at all unless the FDA approves it.  The question people are concerned about is whether they will be approving under pressure when they should not be, or if we can be comfortable it is safe.  If you are concerned about the latter, then you are looking at waiting a very long time - months if not years, depending how much guarantee you want.   Considering how dangerous the virus itself is, once the FDA approves and it becomes available, I will definitely be first in line as soon as I am able, depending how they roll it out.

Has anybody tried to lift and shift when they had a FCC that expired between the date of the present booking and the "lift and shift" booking? We have a 3k FCC from a 2018 cruise that expires in about a year (already extended once, originally we were going to use it July 2020 but that didn't happen...), but I think we will probably be unable to sail before 2022 due to my daughter's health issues and high risk for COVID-19 complications.  I would really hate to lose the $3000, but not quite enough to risk my kid's life. 😛 

On 9/30/2020 at 11:42 AM, Fouremco said:

First of all, L&S has been extended to the end of November. Secondly, while you have an extended period to apply for L&S, all cruises booked under the program must embark on or before May 2, 2022. Consequently, the summer 2022 sailings won't be available for L&S anyway.

Thank-you Fouremco for the information.

Initially, if I am not mistaken, the Lift and Shift Program limit date to take if was August 31, 2020. It was then extended to end of September, the end of 

October and now to November 30, 2020.

We have a Northern Europe cruise booked out of Southampton in May 2021. When the Lift and Shift program came out, I knew it was not an option for us since Celebrity had not yet released the Northern Europe schedule for May 2022.

From memory, I believe that the release of Northern Europe itineraries is normally made in November; which could open the Lift and Shift option for us.

However, you stated that « all cruises booked under the program must embark on or before May 2, 2022. ». This would not likely work for us since our present cruise is booked in late May 2021.

My question is: Did you notice if every time the Lift and Shift program was extended,  if that May 2, 2022 embarcation deadline was fixed or changed every time the program was extended?

I’m just trying to assess if there is any hope the program could become an option for us too. 

Thank you in advance for any information/insights you may have.

You are correct that the original date was 8/31 and then extended to 9/30 and then extended to 11/30.   The open deployments have been the same since the program was introduced.

The concern is with the last extension to 11/30 there was explicit language added about the May 4, 2222 sailing deadline.   This leads many of us to believe that if later deployments are opened they will not be eligible to L&S to.  This probably makes sense as they tend to have a spike in booking when things open.

Of course anything can change in the future.

• Haha 1