Pacific Dawn has been sold!

Kiwi_cruiser

Just announced on P&O Cruises Australia Facebook page.

Hi everyone, we have some important news today regarding the P&O Cruises Australia fleet. We wanted to let you know that our beautiful Pacific Dawn will be leaving us in the coming weeks.

It’s always sad to say farewell to a much loved ship and in this respect Pacific Dawn is in a class of her own. When she sailed into our hearts in November 2007, Pacific Dawn became Australia’s first superliner and the catalyst for the resurgence of cruising in Australia. Sydney Olympic gold medal hero Catherine Freeman honoured Pacific Dawn as her godmother.

In her 13 years with P&O, Pacific Dawn carried an astonishing 1.2 million guests and sailed 2.2 million kilometres — the equivalent of nearly three times to the moon and back or 56 times around the Equator. Even more importantly, she introduced so many of you to cruising.

As you know, it was originally planned for Pacific Dawn to leave us in February next year but this has now been brought forward to facilitate the sale we’ve announced today.

Please accept our apologies if you have bookings that have been affected. We will be in touch with you soon regarding cancellation arrangements.

In the meantime, together we can look forward to wonderful days ahead as Pacific Adventure and Pacific Encounter are introduced to the fleet. For now, we salute you Pacific Dawn.

😞

• 2 years later...

We absolutely loved Dawnie as well, sailing on her several times. There were rumours that she was going to be scrapped, which was upsetting. However we are delighted to learn that she has a whole new lease of life home porting from Tilbury, London. She was bought by a new cruise line (Ambassador) and is currently sailing as the Ambience. If you're interested google her. She looks FANTASTIC, grand old lady that she is 🥰

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've just read that Ambassador Cruise Line will be cruising to Australia next February (2024) and the icing on the cake is that the ship will be Ambience. Yes, Dawnie will once more be in Australian waters. I believe she will be visiting Sydney. Would love to get a glimpse of her, but it is a bit of a hike from Queensland.😄

On 4/27/2023 at 10:29 AM, ceeceeDee said:

I've just read that Ambassador Cruise Line will be cruising to Australia next February (2024) and the icing on the cake is that the ship will be Ambience. Yes, Dawnie will once more be in Australian waters. I believe she will be visiting Sydney. Would love to get a glimpse of her, but it is a bit of a hike from Queensland.😄

24 Feb 2024 I think. Syd to Sin.