Azamara Survey

Grandma Cruising

Yes Denise just working through it now. Have you completed it? Already questions that dont have a choice of answers that I would like to give. Example Q8 none of the answers would be my answer! A straight No we haven't would have been better. Hey ho just tick anything then and give them false information! 
9728E9B2-642D-4A75-9CD9-CC77AC46B5BE.thumb.png.ec1cdf5734f961fb7214866c6708a3d5.png

3 hours ago, combine said:

Yes Denise just working through it now. Have you completed it? Already questions that dont have a choice of answers that I would like to give. Example Q8 none of the answers would be my answer! A straight No we haven't would have been better. Hey ho just tick anything then and give them false information! 
9728E9B2-642D-4A75-9CD9-CC77AC46B5BE.thumb.png.ec1cdf5734f961fb7214866c6708a3d5.png

Yes, I agree. The one I found difficult was the one asking if I had contacted Azamara recently and giving me the options of 
1. They responded within 48 hours 

or

2. They didn’t respond within 48 hours.

As I haven’t contacted them at all I found it difficult to answer. It wouldn’t let me not choose either option so I opted for option 1 on the basis that I have no cause for complaint.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, manc said:

We have just received it and responded but find some options were limiting....

TBF, in my experience such surveys always limit options....it's the nature of the beast, unfortunately!

I  guess, if you have only sailed AZ once (albeit on two 7 night B2Bs) like us, you are not entitled to such survey as we didn't receive this?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hamrag said:

I  guess, if you have only sailed AZ once (albeit on two 7 night B2Bs) like us, you are not entitled to such survey as we didn't receive this?

We have only been on 1 Azamara cruise and got the survey. I thought it was a pretty good survey. The question I had a problem with was the same as Grandma Cruising, as I haven’t contacted them recently.

• Like 1

I got it and completed it and was pleased that there were lots of opportunities to add comments. Like what I thought of their back to sailing plans. And the fact that they haven’t yet cancelled a cruise that is never going to happen, etc. And the last time I contacted them, it was weeks before they responded.

Betsey

• Like 1

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I'm such a bad boy. I got it and it went straight into the 🗑️. These surveys always seem to be problematic and I struggle scratching my head so I really can't be bothered. 

Phil 

I'm still smarting over the time wasted on that 'Veranda Plus' questionnaire – where the outcome had obviously been decided and our 'input' was going straight to their trash bin.  So I did the same as you with this one.

• Like 1

We have had one Azamara cruise and one booked next year and we got the survey.  More than a couple of the questions didn't have questions that didn't fit our position and one had a typo.  I completed it and made comments where I could, but ran out of space on one of the comment area.  It really didn't ask the one question about what I wanted to know,  about the procedures if/when someone is on the cruise that comes down with COVID somehow.

2 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I'm such a bad boy. I got it and it went straight into the 🗑️. These surveys always seem to be problematic and I struggle scratching my head so I really can't be bothered. 

Phil 

I can understand why you did that.  I decided to open it and see how far I got with it - remarkably I had no problems with any of the questions as they all fitted for me.  I am always in two minds about their surveys - do they make a difference or not - but this one was much more open ended and did not seem to have a preset agenda.  Time will tell if I was being generous in my giving them another chance with their surveys or not.

1 hour ago, laurieb said:

That's kind of harsh, isn't it? 

I'm sorry, I agree with WestLakeGirl, it's a dreadful survey.

The main problem is any business who uses Survey Monkey is left to their own devices to write the survey. 

I know a little bit about surveys and better suppliers always supply a proofreader to identify and correct the mistakes, ensure the survey flows meaning that the questions are in the correct sequence and all possible options are available to answer.

As Combine in post #2 identifies question number 8 is incomplete. It the same old story every time Azamara use Survey Monkey,   I'm not picking on Azamara, it's endemic with any business that uses survey monkey.
  • Like 3

I found this survey to be much better than those I have received from Celebrity!   Azamara has always had a better record in customer service even when you sail in a RS in Celebrity.   When did WestLakeGirl last sail on Azamara?    This poster is very derogatory must have had a very bad experience on Azamara!

6 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I'm still smarting over the time wasted on that 'Veranda Plus' questionnaire – where the outcome had obviously been decided and our 'input' was going straight to their trash bin.  So I did the same as you with this one.

I encourage people to complete this survey, if only to tick the question whether the double upgrade offer is too expensive.

Also, there is more scope to enter actual comments. Whether our comments go anywhere or not is another matter but I see there are a lot of uncertainties about changes to the length and itineraries of 2021 cruises and shore excursion options, and such changes may have a significant impact on whether people cancel and seek a refund before 31 Dec rather than use FCC; so I encourage people to make comments which may end up being to our benefit.

Our 14n Spain Intensive cruise in late May 2021 has disappeared from the search engine. In my account, this is now showing as a quite different 10n cruise; starting and ending at the same locations but very different in between. With the reduced length, it now ends in Bordeaux 4 n before the next in our B2B departs Bordeaux - very strange. Presumedly they're going to slot a 4n cruise between our B2B. It may just be a glitch and, in any case, I'm sure we'll have clarification in good time but it is a good illustration how changes may affect our decision making. The survey is at least some opportunity to raise practical issues.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AJCM said:

I encourage people to complete this survey, if only to tick the question whether the double upgrade offer is too expensive.

Azamara routinely switches between no special deal, double upgrade, and BOGOHO; sometimes they have lower single supplements.  The no deal is to satisfy the legal requirement to have a list price.  Double upgrade works for people who normally book the cheapest cabins.  BOGOHO works for couples.  Single discount works for singles.  People who compare one against the other are missing the point:  by rotating the offers, Azamara appeals to different groups for the same cruise.  They also use demand-based pricing, so sometimes the price goes up between offers.  That's just how modern cruise/airline/hotel marketing works.

We last sailed on Azamara two years ago, not that it matters to my opinion about the survey’s quality.  We enjoyed the cruise enough to make another booking.

There is no excuse for typos in professional correspondence.  Poorly worded questions lead to misinterpretation.  That survey reflected badly on Azamara.

• Like 1