Positive cases on cruise ship docked in Greece

cruz-control

1 minute ago, PelicanBill said:

Back on the main topic.  If it is true that all 12 have re-rested negative, how bad is it that 12 tests gave a false positive at the same time?  It's really not acceptable.  Look at the response. ship locked up.  people quarantined.  we are going to overreact out of fear and necessity both.

Everybody reports on a cruise ship with 12 positive tests as if it's a California wildfire.  But re-tests are negative?  crickets.

There's also the possibility of false negatives.  False negatives are more likely than false positives due to incorrect swabbing.  So perhaps they are retesting?

2 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Continuing to make the claim that everyone who contracts covid will need medical attention is absurd fear mongering.

When did I say this?

Also, thanks for the well wishes- they are appreciated.  I'm happy that your family member was able to fight the virus without meds!

Excerpt from breaking Dow Jones news banner.

"TUI Cruises says Greek authorities have confirmed there aren't Covid-19 cases on its Mein Schiff 6 cruise. The German shipping company, which has been offering cruises in Greece since Sept. 13, says there was a false alarm caused by a report of 12 positive test results among crew members. The crew members later tested negative after three further tests, the company says."

General Sources.

They had tested negative twice — first with a PCR test administered by the cruise line and again with a rapid antigen test conducted by Greek authorities.  The results of the third PCR tests ran by the Greek Authorities were also negative.

The Greek Authorities also conducted surfaces testing and all were negative.

Edited by Formula280SS
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

I was sick for 3 months and was prescribed a Z-Pak, multiple rounds of steroids and was on oxygen. I had to do nebulizer treatments as well, along with breathing exercises and constant pulse ox and bp monitoring.  All while trying to catch my breath and feeling like I was going to die. My doctor monitored me daily - all with the goal of keeping me out of the hospital because at that time 80% of people who were hospitalized were dying.   She told me that once my blood ox dropped into the 80s I would have no choice but to go to the hospital, so I did everything I was told and was (thankfully) never hospitalized.  I would never put myself in a position to go through what I went through while on a cruise ship.

There are hundreds of thousands of stories like mine.  Not everyone with Covid is hospitalized, but that doesn't mean they didn't have medical supervision, drugs and treatments.  Or that they had it easy (by any means.) 

I am not going to convince anyone that Covid is serious business who doesn't want to believe it.  I'll just leave you with this - if a fanatical cruise lover who gets free cruises (in the Haven) and already has Covid antibodies (and probable immunity) is still hesitant to cruise - why would you think that is?

I am glad you recovered. 😃Thank God (and doctors) for that. As you mentioned earlier, you cruise 🛥️ a lot, and so folks like you are the lifeblood of the cruise industry. Let's hope that medical research continues apace and that a cure (or at least an effective vaccine) is found soon. Thanks for sharing your insight. 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pcakes122 said:

I was sick for 3 months and was prescribed a Z-Pak, multiple rounds of steroids and was on oxygen. I had to do nebulizer treatments as well, along with breathing exercises and constant pulse ox and bp monitoring.  All while trying to catch my breath and feeling like I was going to die. My doctor monitored me daily - all with the goal of keeping me out of the hospital because at that time 80% of people who were hospitalized were dying.   She told me that once my blood ox dropped into the 80s I would have no choice but to go to the hospital, so I did everything I was told and was (thankfully) never hospitalized.  I would never put myself in a position to go through what I went through while on a cruise ship.

There are hundreds of thousands of stories like mine.  Not everyone with Covid is hospitalized, but that doesn't mean they didn't have medical supervision, drugs and treatments.  Or that they had it easy (by any means.) 

I am not going to convince anyone that Covid is serious business who doesn't want to believe it.  I'll just leave you with this - if a fanatical cruise lover who gets free cruises (in the Haven) and already has Covid antibodies (and probable immunity) is still hesitant to cruise - why would you think that is?

DH was in the hospital for covid in April.  He's 86.  His experience was so traumatic (he was in the ER for 2 days...and saw multiple people covered in sheets) that he's uber careful about everything.  And it wasn't because he was so sick or had so may lingering symptoms.  He wouldn't go on a cruise for free until there's a vaccine.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

DH was in the hospital for covid in April.  He's 86.  His experience was so traumatic (he was in the ER for 2 days...and saw multiple people covered in sheets) that he's uber careful about everything.  And it wasn't because he was so sick or had so may lingering symptoms.  He wouldn't go on a cruise for free until there's a vaccine.

I am so happy to hear he has recovered.  I am so sorry to hear about his experience.  Covid-19 is a nightmare and once you've been there you never want to go back.  My best to you both!

On 9/29/2020 at 5:25 AM, katiecat said:

All crew are negative reported live from the ship an hour ago.

The passengers where never isolated like some people are reporting. 

The cruise line could also be lying . .. .

12 hours ago, F27TW said:

The cruise line could also be lying . .. .

Really??? Then you should follow the thread on the Celebrity board... someone is posting from onboard. And they were on a shore tour in Athens yesterday (which originally was planned for Tuesday).

The Greek authorities won´t clear the ship if there was an infection onboard.

steamboats