Vaccination Certificate required for Travel

lkettle

I wasn't  talking about the specific post about france above, but the orginal theme of this thread about having a vaccination before you travel. 

I think France requires a negative current (within 72hrs) covid test certificate  before they let people in from high risk countries (USA),  I think but not sure you may still have to quarantine as well.

39 minutes ago, Chrisdriving said:

Wont happen and if it did then i would not be cruising because i will not have the jab under any circumstances.

my personal choice.

Sometimes wonder if this is all just a hoax to force more control over people, friend of

mines Dad died at home of terminal cancer back in April they put Covid 19 on death cert which was total lie, why would they do that? but its true.

Sorry to hear about your friends Dad Chris .

Your mates Dad would have been vulnerable to any infection due to the very fact he had cancer 

and the Meds they use that weaken the immune system so he could well have died of Covid or some other 

infection such as pneumonia.To be fair only the doctors know what he died of and back in April the deaths

could well have been written off as covid as the pathology dept's to be blunt, I would suspect would not 

have been so keen to open up a body to see if a doctor was right or wrong regarding the death certificate.

They were fighting a new little known about virus back then .

As I say we have no proof either way ,only the Doctors know,

Thinking about it being a hoax  ..Why ? What would be gained as we watch doctors and nurses ,loved ones

die from covid , peoples lives and jobs ,family's torn apart. This is happening worldwide no country has come 

out of it a winner .Unfortunately the virus sadly is very real and is killing people around the world.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm unsure as to how a ballot could possibly work. I would have thought that the most vunerable and those having to shield at the moment should be first and work from there. 

Avril

In the film Contagion, the vaccine was administered by birthday lottery. Knowing my luck, my birthday would be the last out of the hat!😂

18 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

I wasn't  talking about the specific post about france above, but the orginal theme of this thread about having a vaccination before you travel. 

I think France requires a negative current (within 72hrs) covid test certificate  before they let people in from high risk countries (USA),  I think but not sure you may still have to quarantine as well.

I agree, but Roger was talking about pre-Covid travel, when, afaik, no certificates were required, if travelling from the US.

I haven’t got any problem with the general idea of a vaccination certificate. After all, it wouldn’t be a new idea, as proof of vaccination is already required for travel to some countries.

However, bearing in mind I won’t get my free flu jab until December, I’d suggest we are a long way from the mass vaccination programme that would make a certificate system feasible.

We don’t yet know how effective any vaccination would be or how often it would need to be administered. So much that we don’t yet know. 

I’m sure that any vaccination would be certified as safe before it was released for general use..... but as it is so new, I don’t intend to be in the vanguard of people who are vaccinated. I’d rather sit back and see what happens first. Not that I’d be given much of a priority anyway. 

But a vaccination would be much better than the need to be tested every 5 minutes 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

In the film Contagion, the vaccine was administered by birthday lottery. Knowing my luck, my birthday would be the last out of the hat!😂

I have not seen that film. I have avoided anything pandemic related in favour of more cheerful viewing 😀.

A birthday lottery would still cause issues. My birthday might come up first for example but my OHs could be last so I am still stuck in the cold and the wet.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

You were lucky Graham. All the pressure to have a flu vaccination, and now they've not enough for the over 65's. We had our pneumonia jab 4 years ago. Has pauline had her flu jab?

Avril

I got mine because my Heart Attack and high blood pressure put me in the high risk group plus I'm 64 on October 27th.

This was my first ever flu jab.

Pauline is 58 but doesn't want a flu jab.

• Like 2

I agree with the comment which indicates that a vaccination certificate will significantly reduce the cost of travel insurance, and possibly become a condition of travel to some destinations, once it is safely accredited.  This could become a practical constraint to those wishing not to be vaccinated, but preferring to cruise, once it's safe etc.  Vaccination certificates possibly won't be required, but comprehensive travel insurance is and will be.

The relevant read across example is how some countries are requiring PCR testing before allowing entry.  No reason why the same won't apply to vaccination.  

I wonder, given the exceptional circumstances, if the Government will make it practically impossible to circumvent any prioritisation process by restricting access to the private sector.

Of course, the very well heeled will travel internationally to receive the vaccine if any country doesn't follow the same approach, but most of us will wait our turn.

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Sorry to hear about your friends Dad Chris .

Your mates Dad would have been vulnerable to any infection due to the very fact he had cancer 

and the Meds they use that weaken the immune system so he could well have died of Covid or some other 

infection such as pneumonia.To be fair only the doctors know what he died of and back in April the deaths

could well have been written off as covid as the pathology dept's to be blunt, I would suspect would not 

have been so keen to open up a body to see if a doctor was right or wrong regarding the death certificate.

They were fighting a new little known about virus back then .

As I say we have no proof either way ,only the Doctors know,

Thinking about it being a hoax  ..Why ? What would be gained as we watch doctors and nurses ,loved ones

die from covid , peoples lives and jobs ,family's torn apart. This is happening worldwide no country has come 

out of it a winner .Unfortunately the virus sadly is very real and is killing people around the world.

+1.

Absolutely agree.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I got mine because my Heart Attack and high blood pressure put me in the high risk group plus I'm 64 on October 27th.

This was my first ever flu jab.

Pauline is 58 but doesn't want a flu jab.

27th October is my husband’s birthday. He’ll be 69.

It’s quite a coincidence, as I remember a couple of months ago finding out that you you got married one week after us.

If Pauline’s birthday is 15th March like mine, it will be getting very spooky. Although I’m 60, so a couple of years older than her. 

6 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

27th October is my husband’s birthday. He’ll be 69.

It’s quite a coincidence, as I remember a couple of months ago finding out that you you got married one week after us.

If Pauline’s birthday is 15th March like mine, it will be getting very spooky. Although I’m 60, so a couple of years older than her. 

13th March.

Quite a nice coincidence.

We met 2nd November 1978.

My mam died 2nd November 2011

Paulines mam's funeral was 2nd November 2018.

The funeral was the earliest for the church service and crematorium as she died October 18th.

Graham.

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

13th March.

The funeral was the earliest for the church service and crematorium as she died October 18th.

Graham.

My sisters birthday is on March 13th too. Just a tad older though, she was 80 this year😉

Avril

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

13th March.

Graham.

The 13th of March is close enough to be a good coincidence.

2nd November must be a day with lots of memories 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, zap99 said:

Sorry the quote box above should not be there, but I do not know how to delete as using a phone.

Getting staff to administer a vaccine should not be too difficult if they want to do it quickly.  As mentioned, retired staff, pharmacists or indeed others who work in health related jobs could easily be trained quickly.  I was administering injections as a first year student nurse after very little training.  The armed forces could be very useful given their highly trained staff in the medical units.

If it gets us out of the situation the country, and even the world, is in at present, it will be a very worthwhile spend.and a lot less less than ongoing losses to the economy as well as lives.

Edited by tring
  • Like 2

I agree with Tring, although getting cruising back to the old normal will be high on my priorities, I imagine the govt will be desperate to get people back to working normally, and the economy moving faster.  So I guess a vaccine certificate for cruising will be low priority.

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

I agree with Tring, although getting cruising back to the old normal will be high on my priorities, I imagine the govt will be desperate to get people back to working normally, and the economy moving faster.  So I guess a vaccine certificate for cruising will be low priority.

A vaccine cert will presumably be provided by GP's on a pay for basis as they are for other vaccination certificates.  Somehow I think GP surgeries will be happy to do that extra work for extra payment as it will be good pay for the time taken to supply.   I doubt that will get you a vaccine any earlier though, but do not see certificates can be essential for travel until it is possible for a fair number of people to be vaccinated.

I would like to see everything, including cruising get back to the old normal and still have hope for it by next summer, but we have to wait and see and I am not good at waiting which is very frustrating.

Edited by tring

A vaccine cert will presumably be provided by GP's on a pay for basis as they are for other vaccinations.  Somehow I think GP surgeries will be happy to do that extra work for extra payment as it will be good pay for the time taken to supply.   I doubt that will get you a vaccine any earlier though, but do not see certificates can be essential for travel until it is possible for a fair number of people to be vaccinated.

I would like to see everything, including cruising get back to the old normal and still have hope for it by next summer, but we have to wait and see and I am not good at waiting which is very frustrating.

A vaccine cert will presumably be provided by GP's on a pay for basis as they are for other vaccinations.  Somehow I think GP surgeries will be happy to do that extra work for extra payment as it will be good pay for the time taken to supply.   I doubt that will get you a vaccine any earlier though, but do not see certificates can be essential for travel until it is possible for a fair number of people to be vaccinated.

I would like to see everything, including cruising, get back to the old normal and still have hope for it by next summer, but we have to wait and see and I am not good at waiting which is very frustrating.

11 minutes ago, tring said:

I don't think things will go back to the old normal with cruising, nor would I want it to. I'm hoping that this pandemic has reinforced the need for more stricter hygiene and cleaning protocols onboard to be put in place daily, and not when a virus is already in circulation, eg. norovirus. Prevention is better cure.

Avril

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

I don't think things will go back to the old normal with cruising, nor would I want it to. I'm hoping that this pandemic has reinforced the need for more stricter hygiene and cleaning protocols onboard to be put in place daily, and not when a virus is already in circulation, eg. norovirus. Prevention is better cure.

Avril

That's a good point Avril, we certainly always considered that Celebrity's cleaning regime was light years better than P&O, so if covid leads all cruise lines to be as good as Celebrity we will be very happy.

• Like 4