Vaccination Certificate required for Travel

lkettle

35 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I don't think things will go back to the old normal with cruising, nor would I want it to. I'm hoping that this pandemic has reinforced the need for more stricter hygiene and cleaning protocols onboard to be put in place daily, and not when a virus is already in circulation, eg. norovirus. Prevention is better cure.

Avril

I agree.

I posted on a RC thread a couple of years ago about dust and debris under the cabin beds and  always having a male cabin steward.

Since then we have had female stewards in all but 1 cruise and under the beds have always been hoovered and the general cabin cleanliness has been much better.

Graham.

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I don't think things will go back to the old normal with cruising, nor would I want it to. I'm hoping that this pandemic has reinforced the need for more stricter hygiene and cleaning protocols onboard to be put in place daily, and not when a virus is already in circulation, eg. norovirus. Prevention is better cure.

Avril

Not only by the cruise lines especially in buffet areas, if they ever return, as this area I feel has deteriorated with regards to cleaning of tables. Also think there should be more enforcement by cruise line of people using hand sanitizer when entering dining rooms and on return to ship on boarding at ports of call.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I agree.

I posted on a RC thread a couple of years ago about dust and debris under the cabin beds and  always having a male cabin steward.

Since then we have had female stewards in all but 1 cruise and under the beds have always been hoovered and the general cabin cleanliness has been much better.

Graham.

Sorry but are you saying that male cabin stewards do not clean rooms properly or as good as female stewards. I think if there is a problem with cleanliness of cabins think it will be because of the number they are now supposed to do and time limit to each cabin whether they are male or female.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, majortom10 said:

Not only by the cruise lines especially in buffet areas, if they ever return, as this area I feel has deteriorated with regards to cleaning of tables. Also think there should be more enforcement by cruise line of people using hand sanitizer when entering dining rooms and on return to ship on boarding at ports of call.

I agree with the hand sanitiser use too. Too many times I've  seen people refuse and are allowed in anyway. Regarding the buffet -- we never use it for the reason you mention and the bad hygiene and messy habits of some who do.

Avril

• Like 3

Just now, majortom10 said:

Sorry but are you saying that male cabin stewards do not clean rooms properly or as good as female stewards. I think if there is a problem with cleanliness of cabins think it will be because of the number they are now supposed to do and time limit to each cabin whether they are male or female.

Yes.

We have come back to our cabin on a few occasions and seen our female cabin steward had moved the bed and was hoovering where the bed was but never seen a male cabin steward do this.

After 54 cruises,our last 50 in balcony/suite cabins I can categorically say without any doubt that our cabins are better cleaned by female cabin stewards.

Graham.

14 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

I totally agree with this.

These are area's where vast improvement is needed.

42 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Personally I prefer the ships with proper soap and water hand washing facilities at the buffet.

I also don’t use the ships hand sanitizers if they are not the automatic type. The push ones must just add to the infection rates with all these people pressing them with their potentially grubby paws.

If the push ones are all that is available I carry my own gel and use it instead.

I am optimistic that people will get better at basic hygiene after this pandemic as they are surely more aware of transmitting germs and the need for being clean.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Personally I prefer the ships with proper soap and water hand washing facilities at the buffet.

I also don’t use the ships hand sanitizers if they are not the automatic type. The push ones must just add to the infection rates with all these people pressing them with their potentially grubby paws.

If the push ones are all that is available I carry my own gel and use it instead.

I am optimistic that people will get better at basic hygiene after this pandemic as they are surely more aware of transmitting germs and the need for being clean.

RCL have the wash basins as did Grand Princess on our Hawaiian cruise last November/ December which are much better.

There are a couple of crew singing the wishy-washy song as you enter.

There was still people walking past crew who were asking people to wash their hands before going into the buffet.

24 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I take my own sanitiser too as the type they have onboard tends to irritate my hands and make them sore, however that is no subsitute for good personal hygiene and soap and water. 

Avril

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I take my own sanitiser too as the type they have onboard tends to irritate my hands and make them sore, however that is no subsitute for good personal hygiene and soap and water. 

Avril

I agree.

When we go to shopping outlets you have to use the hand sanitiser on entry to each shop and they all seem to use different ones and make our hands feel guey.

Breakthrough a vaccine substitute for the virus has been found !

Eat two cloves of garlic every day.!

It doesn’t kill the virus, but keeps everyone who could transmit it to you... a safe distance away ! :classic_wink:

Do you know why do anti vaxxers hate vaccine jokes?

Because they don't get them.:classic_unsure:

Stay safe everyone :classic_smile:

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

When I eventually return to cruising, I’ll definitely take my own sanitiser. The stuff they use on board makes my hands sting and itch, and I get a horrible rash.

I’m currently using sanitiser from Wax Lyrical, and it seems to suit my hands 

24 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

When I eventually return to cruising, I’ll definitely take my own sanitiser. The stuff they use on board makes my hands sting and itch, and I get a horrible rash.

I’m currently using sanitiser from Wax Lyrical, and it seems to suit my hands 

The sanitiser obviously something in it that causes a bad reaction for a lot of people.  I always take my own because the stuff on the ships causes the skin on my hands to peel.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KnowTheScore said:

"how do feel about having a unproven vaccine administered before you can travel abroad, by the armed forces."

I think it would be utterly wicked to essentially force people to take these rushed through vaccines to be able to travel. Nothing but a stealth tax by Pharmaceuticals and a very very worrying precedent for the future.

It's clear as day that the establishment are going to try to push an agenda of mandatory vaccines on the back of this pandemic and all its scaremongering.  It's absolutely shocking.  

There will literally be millions and millions of people who have good immunity from having had Covid itself.   There's no way you can justify forcing those people to take up rushed vaccines that may harm them.   There HAS to be an option for people to get tested for immunity and to get certificates based on that.    Mandating vaccines is just so wrong wrong wrong.

Jabs are good,good,good. If I need a covid certificate to travel, it's just the same as all the others. Yellow fever,polio,typhoid,Hep B. Bring it on. 

• Like 3

Having lined up and having God knows what injected into me when I was in the RN, jabs don't worry me.

As for these lunatics who believe Covid19 is a hoax and a way of controlling millions of people, well there is nothing I can say other than what makes them tick ?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

Having lined up and having God knows what injected into me when I was in the RN, jabs don't worry me.

As for these lunatics who believe Covid19 is a hoax and a way of controlling millions of people, well there is nothing I can say other than what makes them tick ?

I bet all those thousands of highly qualified scientists, who are working silly hours to come up with a vaccine to save millions of people having to lock themselves away think ......... .,....rant over. Sit down, cup of tea.☠️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Many thanks for all people who answered it is interesting to see such a wide range of answers. Personally I would not feel safe having a vaccine that has not been tested as rigorously as usual, it takes from 4 to 6 years to test the 5 stages of a vaccine and the flu vaccine we have now has only a 40 to 50 % success rate 

Many thanks

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Corydory said:

Many thanks for all people who answered it is interesting to see such a wide range of answers. Personally I would not feel safe having a vaccine that has not been tested as rigorously as usual, it takes from 4 to 6 years to test the 5 stages of a vaccine and the flu vaccine we have now has only a 40 to 50 % success rate 

Many thanks

I thought there was a new flu vaccine produced every year to try to keep pace with its mutation. Surely that cannot have been tested rigorously over 4 to 6 years?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Corydory said:

Many thanks

So an easy solution. Don't develop a vaccine for 5 years . If available don't have it. If a certificate is required to travel, don't travel. Exempt from wearing a mask ? then don't go out cos I'm not exempt from catching their germs The vaccine may not work. Neither may the flu jab, but I'm having mine next week. If the solution to all this is a jab, can I please go first.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Corydory said:

Many thanks

The testing will be the same as usual, just that it is taking place over a shorter period of time with presumably a lot more staff and people involved in the work.  Normally a lot of different stuff is going on with smaller research teams working on different things as there is plenty else that needs the attention of vaccines and other medical treatment.  As said even the flu vaccine changes each year.  Admittedly some countries are looking dicy regards that which we know about, but will not be happening here.

If you are not in a rush to travel, or indeed are not interested in any travel, that is entirely your choice.  If a lot of people opt out and the NHS is still hard pushed though, I must admit I hope the people with other health issues take precedence over ongoing COVID sufferers who could have avoided infection as the health service is not covering all it normally does now.  Or if you may prefer to just continue to stay away from other people to make sure you do not get COVID, which is certainly known to cause bad reactions in many people.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tring said:

The testing will be the same as usual, just that it is taking place over a shorter period of time with presumably a lot more staff and people involved in the work.  Normally a lot of different stuff is going on with smaller research teams working on different things as there is plenty else that needs the attention of vaccines and other medical treatment.  As said even the flu vaccine changes each year.  Admittedly some countries are looking dicy regards that which we know about, but will not be happening here.

If you are not in a rush to travel, or indeed are not interested in any travel, that is entirely your choice.  If a lot of people opt out and the NHS is still hard pushed though, I must admit I hope the people with other health issues take precedence over ongoing COVID sufferers who could have avoided infection as the health service is not covering all it normally does now.  Or if you may prefer to just continue to stay away from other people to make sure you do not get COVID, which is certainly known to cause bad reactions in many people.

I have just booked my car in for a service. Would you like it done as normal sir ,2 hours, or a rapid service. On the normal service they use 1 technician for 2 hours. On the rapid, 2 tech's for I hour. Same price, same quality. More scientists, less time. I'll have the jab please. I can go on holiday and send postcards to the Anti vaxers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Maybe they think this young woman is fake and it's just a old person's problem ?

• Like 3