Vaccination Certificate required for Travel

lkettle

I am a bit worried about how well tested the vaccine will be and was hoping to wait a while before I had one. Just booked my flu vaccine today (via work) but it won’t be until 29th October. 
I was worried about my parents (In their 80’s) as their doctor is not really there at the moment , after some badgering from me they had one at a chemist on Monday.

• Like 3

some of the posts on this thread do make me laugh.

A vaccine - OK, great. When one (hopefully, several) are approved for use, all that then has to be done is the manufacture, purchase, distribution and application. So we can all get vaccinated and go on holiday.

That is, provided there are unlimited supplies of the raw materials for both the vaccines and the vials, unlimited transport and storage facilities for the raw materials, unlimited laboratory facilities and staff to produce the vaccine and vials from these raw materials, unlimited supplies of vaccine, unlimited transport and storage facilities for the vaccine, and unlimited staff to vaccinate everybody.

This all has to be on a worldwide basis, not just in one country.

I suspect people who want a vaccine simply to go on holiday - even people who can pay privately - will be a long way down the chain.

Yes, I'll have the vaccine - but I am not expecting to be offered it for a couple of years yet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54371559

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, nosapphire said:

A vaccine - OK, great. When one (hopefully, several) are approved for use, all that then has to be done is the manufacture, purchase, distribution and application. So we can all get vaccinated and go on holiday.

That is, provided there are unlimited supplies of the raw materials for both the vaccines and the vials, unlimited transport and storage facilities for the raw materials, unlimited laboratory facilities and staff to produce the vaccine and vials from these raw materials, unlimited supplies of vaccine, unlimited transport and storage facilities for the vaccine, and unlimited staff to vaccinate everybody.

I suspect people who want a vaccine simply to go on holiday - even people who can pay privately - will be a long way down the chain.

Yes, I'll have the vaccine - but I am not expecting to be offered it for a couple of years yet.

We have to have a lifeline, something to give hope. You may be right and no vaccine available for months/years. These are unprecedented times and a lot of money thrown at research and manufacture so I like to be optimistic. I am not desperate to go on holiday but I cling to the hope I will cruise next year, so keep laughing.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, nosapphire said:

You are right. Just give up shall we ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, nosapphire said:

I agree.

We also don’t know how effective any vaccine would be.

I’m expecting social distancing, mask wearing and other restrictions to be in force for all of 2021, at the least.

This is just being realistic

• Like 2

Just now, Dermotsgirl said:

Why would we give up?

It’s going to take time. At some point, we’ll need to accept this. It’s just that some are further along the acceptance path than others 

Scrolled on .......bye

• Like 1

Hols4

Just been to my local chemists for a flu jab, the pharmacist told me they had plenty of vaccine for the over 65's but there is a shortage already for the under 65's because they cannot keep up with demand already !. What a shambles.

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

A pet hate of mine!

Mine too.

When I have started a thread usually on RCL threads I have answered all the posts back to me and thank people for their input.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hols4 said:

Hols4

Just been to my local chemists for a flu jab, the pharmacist told me they had plenty of vaccine for the over 65's but there is a shortage already for the under 65's because they cannot keep up with demand already !. What a shambles.

The orders for the winter flu vaccine are placed around February/March every year,  giving the manufacturers time to produce the necessary doses. 

Suddenly, in July (?) Hancock suddenly decides the under 65s will get the vaccine as well. More policy made up on the hoof, probably without consulting the manufacturers.  Suddenly they have to produce x million additional doses with minimal warning. 

If the government was a commercial  business,  not a single minister would be employable. 

• Like 3

Blimey, there are some right doom mongers on here. So glad we're all looking for the positives.

In terms of vaccine manufacture, many of them are being produced in great numbers already. They run the risk of the vaccine not passing the trials and they're then wasted. But I would imagine that the government consider it as risk worth taking. I'm not understanding the scale of the task but there are reasons to be optimistic. There'll be people working flat out to find a way out of this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Hols4 said:

Hols4

I’m in the 50-64 age group. I’ve booked my appointment for 19th October. But I’m not 100% sure they’ll have vaccine  available when I get there! 

3 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I’m in the 50-64 age group. I’ve booked my appointment for 19th October. But I’m not 100% sure they’ll have vaccine  available when I get there! 

I had my Flu jab on Tuesday at my doctor's surgery.

I had 3 texts asking me to book an appointment for the flu jab.

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I had my Flu jab on Tuesday at my doctor's surgery.

I had 3 texts asking me to book an appointment for the flu jab.

Our doctor’s surgery is hopeless. My husband was contacted the first year he was eligible for a jab, but he’s heard nothing from them since. Therefore, he’s gone to chemists since then 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Blimey, there are some right doom mongers on here. So glad we're all looking for the positives.

In terms of vaccine manufacture, many of them are being produced in great numbers already. They run the risk of the vaccine not passing the trials and they're then wasted. But I would imagine that the government consider it as risk worth taking. I'm not understanding the scale of the task but there are reasons to be optimistic. There'll be people working flat out to find a way out of this. 

Absolutely agree. There are people working their socks off to get a vaccine and save lives and try and get things back to something like normal. I really appreciate their efforts on my behalf and that of my loved ones. I hope if they read some of the doom and gloom on here, they keep on with their work. As my old mum used to say, if you can't say something positive, don't say anything.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I agree.

We also don’t know how effective any vaccine would be.

I’m expecting social distancing, mask wearing and other restrictions to be in force for all of 2021, at the least.

This is just being realistic

Surely the effectiveness of a vaccine is the number one criteria against which it will be judged  those that dont work will fall by the wayside.

Most of the major drug companies trying to develop a vaccine have given assurances to countries about supplies in volume fairly quickly, and are ramping up production facilities.

So let's hope it's one or more of these that are approved first.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Our doctor’s surgery is hopeless. My husband was contacted the first year he was eligible for a jab, but he’s heard nothing from them since. Therefore, he’s gone to chemists since then 

As part of my cardiac checks I went twice for blood tests to check cholesterol level 2.5 total which was brilliant and again to check for diabetes which I was clear of.

They asked me if I wanted the jab and booked me in even though I am only 63.

Graham.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Absolutely agree. There are people working their socks off to get a vaccine and save lives and try and get things back to something like normal. I really appreciate their efforts on my behalf and that of my loved ones. I hope if they read some of the doom and gloom on here, they keep on with their work. As my old mum used to say, if you can't say something positive, don't say anything.

Paulines late dad was the best.

He always said if you cannot say something nice about someone don't say anything at all.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Arghh typos!! That's what happens when you're walking in the rain and typing. I meant understating! 

2 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I’m feeling that my views, which I feel are firmly based in realism, are upsetting people, so perhaps it’s best if I just keep quiet about them.

I won’t comment on this or related matters in future 

sorry 

Please keep posting you are not upsetting me at all and your posts are as valid as anyone else's .

There is no rule that says we have to agree with all the posts we read , so that's not your problem .

We can be respectful to each other though ,failing that just block them . :classic_unsure::classic_smile:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1