I miss cruising

Waju

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Great attitude.

We don't truly relax until our cases arrive at our cabin.

On Celebrity it's when that nice man gives you a glass of that expensive champagne and say's welcome aboard. On P&O it's when you get out of the shed and dodge the photographers.😂

Edited by zap99
Spellcheck
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, zap99 said:

On Celebrity it's when that nice man gives you a glass of that expensive champagne and say's welcome aboard. On P&O it's when you get out of the shed and dodge the photographers.😂

On Independence last May from Southampton free champagne was handed out on the Royal Promenade.

I tipped the waiter $1 a drink and he gave us several glasses.🍾👍

IMG_20190525_121936.jpg

IMG_20190525_122033.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, zap99 said:

When we get to our cabin on RCL our free loyalty drinks are waiting for us.

Graham.

IMG_20190525_131947.jpg

50 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Wow that is an incredible increase.

Graham.

It only started climbing when this year's cruises were being cancelled. They have to make up for their lost revenue somehow. I'm only glad I booked it last year.

Avril

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It only started climbing when this year's cruises were being cancelled. They have to make up for their lost revenue somehow. I'm only glad I booked it last year.

Avril

Hopefully things are closer to normal for your October 2021 cruise.

Graham

Missing it here too.

Had three cruises cancelled this year - two on QM2 and one on Iona.   Probably the worst bits have been how much working at the local port on board the ships and on shore helping passengers has been a massive part of life and the worry for the crews we have got to know over the last few years.

5 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I booked our October 2021Arcadia cruise last October. The cruise price has now increased  by a whopping £2,000.

Avril

We booked 19nt cruise on Arcadia in August on brochure release last Oct/Nov 2019 and it is now nearly double for same Select price cabin so many cruises have significantly increased since brochure release that is why I think 125% FCC isnt particularly as good as made out because many if not all cruises have increased more than 25% since there initial release.

53 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

We booked 19nt cruise on Arcadia in August on brochure release last Oct/Nov 2019 and it is now nearly double for same Select price cabin so many cruises have significantly increased since brochure release that is why I think 125% FCC isnt particularly as good as made out because many if not all cruises have increased more than 25% since there initial release.

Our June Fjords cruise on Arcadia has only increased by £200. Having said that , we didn't book it until August this year with a cancelled cruise deposit.

Avril

11 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

I still get excited when I see the ship!

We took our son on his first cruise when he was 3. We were approaching the port driving along Mountbatten Way in Southampton when we spotted Oceana and said "There's the ship!" He immediately undid the seat belt on his child seat ready to get out of the car (causing much panic amongst the adults)! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Our June Fjords cruise on Arcadia has only increased by £200. Having said that , we didn't book it until August this year with a cancelled cruise deposit.

Avril

So it had possibly already increased considerably in price since it was first released in October 2019.

Edited by majortom10

7 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

So it had possibly already increased considerably in price since it was first released in October 2019.

I though so too, but we'd already booked our 2021 cruise for October so I had no reason look. When I booked it the price was £1699pp 12 nights  Fjords cruise, balcony cabin on Arcadia sailing 25th June 2021. I've no idea how much of an increase that is from the pre-covid price. 

Avril

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I though so too, but we'd already booked our 2021 cruise for October so I had no reason look. When I booked it the price was £1699pp 12 nights  Fjords cruise, balcony cabin on Arcadia sailing 25th June 2021. I've no idea how much of an increase that is from the pre-covid price. 

Avril

Dont think all price increases are solely down to covid as P&O have always increased prices virtually from brochure release. My cruise in August 2021 had increased considerably from when I booked it in October 2019 to early 2020 when covid price increases kicked in.

5 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Dont think all price increases are solely down to covid as P&O have always increased prices virtually from brochure release. My cruise in August 2021 had increased considerably from when I booked it in October 2019 to early 2020 when covid price increases kicked in.

Our balcoby cabin on our April 2019 Aurora cruise more than doubled from the launch date when we booked it, until the last time I checked about 3 months before the cruise, and that was 12 months before any Covid issues.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm late to this thread, but its title attracted me.

Yes, my better half and I both miss cruising greatly. Especially cruising on P&O UK. 

We had a Med fly/cruise thing organised which would be happening about now. Then we used P&O's portability to move it to another in March '21. Despite it being a shorter cruise, it came with an increase in price.

Later we found another Aurora cruise in October '21 which suited us better, so we transferred over to that. It was quite a bit more expensive again. But despite the added costs, we are champing at the bit and this next 12 months will most likely pass very slowly.

In order for us to make this cruise we need to fly from Sydney to London first, but we are advised not to leave Australia. If we do we will be quarantined on our arrival home.

I hope someone out there in cyberspace can give me some positive news about the likelihood of a Cruising recommencing date. 

All the best in these difficult times,

Rob

My Partner retired a week before lockdown.  He had his own business so it was mostly 7 days a week, with a month or two off  midwinter when the business was shut.  He planned to book a few last minute cruises but sadly that couldn't happen..  Its a shame, he had no retirement celebrations at all, apart from a few lie ins!😀

Hopefully we will be young/fit enough to go on a couple more cruises when this is all over.

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sundowners said:

I hope someone out there in cyberspace can give me some positive news about the likelihood of a Cruising recommencing date. 

No one can, in all honesty, give you an answer. The cruise companies don't know,  and the various governments around the world don't know either.

A vaccine may help, but as this will only be available to certain individuals, it will not be the panacea that sone people would seem to believe.

Every person will have their own opinions, but , at the end of the day, it is all guess work.  My guess is that  cruising is unlikely to restart in a meaningful manner before mid 2021, but who really knows?

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

"I hope someone out there in cyberspace can give me some positive news about the likelihood of a Cruising recommencing date". 

No one can, in all honesty, give you an answer. The cruise companies don't know,  and the various governments around the world don't know either.

My guess is that  cruising is unlikely to restart in a meaningful manner before mid 2021, but who really knows?

Thanks for answering wowzz.

Yes, sadly, I know.....the question came from the same "I miss cruising" sentiment within me. I have always loved cruising and cant wait for it to recommence. I see P&O's website have cancelled everything until about February, but with this resurgence of infections, your prediction of a Mid year restart is realistic. But, I have my doubts that it'll get started in 2021 at all.

Rob

35 minutes ago, Sundowners said:

but with this resurgence of infections, your prediction of a Mid year restart is realistic. But, I have my doubts that it'll get started in 2021 at all.

If the current resurgence carries on through winter 2020/21, I'd agree with you about 2021 cruises not taking place. If that is the case, then the very existence of the cruise industry would be in doubt. 

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

If the current resurgence carries on through winter 2020/21, I'd agree with you about 2021 cruises not taking place. If that is the case, then the very existence of the cruise industry would be in doubt. 

The current cruise lines would  almost certainly be in severe financial problems if no sailings take place in 2021. However the ships and the crews will still be there, and still desperate to work, so some entrepreneurs would likely be very interested in taking them over if they see an opportunity to make profits.

On 9/29/2020 at 10:28 PM, grapau27 said:

When we get to our cabin on RCL our free loyalty drinks are waiting for us.

Graham.

IMG_20190525_131947.jpg

well, I wouldnt say that this looks fantastic but, some extra water and a bottle of champagne would make me run to a restroom like a storm lol. At least they could give some candies, fruits n stuff.. who drinks champaign with cookies? 

4 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

well, I wouldnt say that this looks fantastic but, some extra water and a bottle of champagne would make me run to a restroom like a storm lol. At least they could give some candies, fruits n stuff.. who drinks champaign with cookies? 

There is a bottle of Corona beer there too.

As a RCG Diamond plus member these free drinks are there in our cabin when we embark.

The cookies are okay but a let down from the previous loyalty welcome snack box.

Graham.

26 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

The current cruise lines would  almost certainly be in severe financial problems if no sailings take place in 2021. However the ships and the crews will still be there, and still desperate to work, so some entrepreneurs would likely be very interested in taking them over if they see an opportunity to make profits.

I'm sure that's true, but I can't see the cruise industry still being the size it was, immediately before the epidemic,  if cruising does not resume at some time in 2021.

I'm sure there will be some asset strippers out there, who will be happy to have their pick of the newer, cost efficient ships, but I can't see, for example, anybody being interested in buying the entire P&O fleet. 

29 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I'm sure that's true, but I can't see the cruise industry still being the size it was, immediately before the epidemic,  if cruising does not resume at some time in 2021.

I'm sure there will be some asset strippers out there, who will be happy to have their pick of the newer, cost efficient ships, but I can't see, for example, anybody being interested in buying the entire P&O fleet. 

I agree, many the cruise lines that survived would have very much smaller fleets.