No Sail order expires tomorrow

Cruisesfun65

1 minute ago, xDisconnections said:

I hope so.

You should book a short celebratory cruise on the Sky Princess in January from Fort Lauderdale 😉

I am so ready to get on a cruise ship...with my buddy Skyride...but he has not yet accepted.  You can come also Jason!

Actually no sail order extended to end of october, not that it makes a huge difference, just the uncertainty continues. Hard for carnival to know and plan if they can sail or not come November. My guess is no, especially with the cdc extending the order.

Ok, can someone please clarify something for me?

With the extension until Oct 31st and the fact that the cruise lines need at least 30 days to get ships, crew, protocols in place- does this mean November is automatically a No Go?

Or are they allowed to do preparations in October inspite of the order?

8 minutes ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

With the extension until Oct 31st and the fact that the cruise lines need at least 30 days to get ships, crew, protocols in place- does this mean November is automatically a No Go?

I'm sure they can start preparing anytime. The question is how much are they willing to spend ( getting crew here, wages, purchasing extra medical supplies/equipment, etc) without  a hard date. Once that hard date is known it will be 4-6 weeks.

Just not sure how feasible it is to do all that is necessary when no assurance is givin.

Maybe after the meeting on Friday with the White House/CDC and others more info will be forthcoming or leaked.

Edited by beerman2

1 minute ago, beerman2 said:

I'm sure they can start preparing anytime. The question is how much are they willing to spend ( getting crew here, wages, purchasing extra medical supplies/equipment, etc) without  a hard date. Once that hard date is known it will be 4-6 weeks.

Just not sure how feasible it is to do all that is necessary when no assurance is givin.

Well said, its a mess

10 minutes ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

They can begin to prepare but probably on a limited basis and most likely the crews won't initially board from US ports.

9 hours ago, Heymarco said:

Actually it was a huge compromise. CDC wanted it through Feb 2021 but White House blocked decision.

Maybe mandate is a better word over compromise.  The CDC clearly does not want to cruise industry to sail.

• Like 1

Carnival  just posted on it's FB page.  Carnival has cancelled all cruises except those from Miami and PC for Nov and Dec.  John Heald posted a video that I haven't watched yet.

Edited by BND

11 hours ago, BND said:

Carnival  just posted on it's FB page.  Carnival has cancelled all cruises except those from Miami and PC for Nov and Dec.  John Heald posted a video that I haven't watched yet.

Did you ever get to see the video? I went to look at it a few hours ago and it's gone from his page.

22 hours ago, BND said:

11 hours ago, cruises42 said:

Did you ever get to see the video? I went to look at it a few hours ago and it's gone from his page.

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

Video must have been given the ‘deep six’!

It was a FB Livestream.  It sometimes takes a while to appear after initial stream.

It was mostly just him reading off Ms. Duffy's announcement, word for word.  He (carefully and rightly so) did not offer any further interpretations, just chatter before and after and profuse apologies.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, cruises42 said:

I saw part of it when it was live about the time I posted.  I did read Carnival's statement.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jobeth66 said:

Why?  It's possible that the task force position changes and allows the CDC to delay the restart now that it's more 'in the news'.

I’ll be darned.  I thought COVID-19 was ‘in the news’ already.  People at the WH didn’t get infected while cruising so I see no reason why the industry and Task Force should change their tune now.

• Like 1

Just now, d9704011 said:

I’ll be darned.  I thought COVID-19 was ‘in the news’ already.  People at the WH didn’t get infected while cruising so I see no reason why the industry and Task Force should change their tune now.

Please.  It's fallen off the front pages, it's hardly 'in the news' the way it was earlier in the outbreak.  Now it's back to 24/7 coverage and it'll remain at the top of the news cycle for a little while, at least.  

2 minutes ago, Jobeth66 said:

Please.  It's fallen off the front pages, it's hardly 'in the news' the way it was earlier in the outbreak.  Now it's back to 24/7 coverage and it'll remain at the top of the news cycle for a little while, at least.  

Are you talking about the no sail order/possible resumption of cruising or COVID-19?  

2 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Are you talking about the no sail order/possible resumption of cruising or COVID-19?  

Yes.  Now that COVID is going to be 24-7 top of the news, will the task force change their stance on allowing the CDC recommendations to be followed - that's my musing.