FFC Help

cyclonesam 172s

Our  seventh family cruise was scheduled for  MSC Maraveglia (sp) for April 11 2020. Had three balcony cabins all adjacent.  MSC cancelled the cruise and asked if we wanted a refund or  125%  FCC. Received confirmation from them  mid March they had confirmed our decision and should be getting our  FCC in two weeks.  Now  six and half months later still no FCC certificate.  We booked directly with  MSC, unfortunately no TA involved.  I call once a week, feel sorry for people answering the phones , but it reality they can't do much but resubmit our request. Two words have become very popular during our discussions,   Processing , and  Expedited, really please must be same phrases they tell everybody.  We have already booked  cruise for April 3 2021 but unless we receive our FCC  we will obviously be cancelling this cruise. Hey  MSC  I'm Sicilian maybe I can make you an offer you can't  refuse.  Any advice  Thanks

1 hour ago, Até said:

Have you received a refund of the taxes and port fees?  That seems to be a sign of movement on MSC's part.

Not necessarily. I got my fees refunded within 60 days, but it's been 6+ months and my FCC is still not processed. There was some progress last week when my TA's national leaders reached out to their MSC leadership connections, and now has stalled again. Had I not been approaching final payment date on the new cruise, and been with a large national TA affiliation, we'd still be in the same spot of my account showing 100% FCC and unable to apply it to anything until they "find" the additional 25%. Now I've got it partially applied, but the numbers still don't work out. 

Sadly, I don't know how to advise anyone that doesn't have their own large TA backing.